SASS Wire Forum

Ammunitation available/but $$$$

I bought 500 rounds of .22 Aquila for $125 from luckygunner.com. a couple months ago.

2 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Wow... $0.39 per round...
Will they kiss you first?

Virtually only! :P

A small gun store here that has had plenty of ammo throughout at high prices has lots of .38spl at $75-100 per box of 50. Similar with .357 mag, .45 Colt, and so on.

I bought a box of .44 Russian at $37. Those and 44.40 they haven't raised prices on.

I'll pass on the rest. Between my supplies and buys at Bass from time to time, I don't need it.

15 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I bought 500 rounds of .22 Aquila for $125 from luckygunner.com. a couple months ago.

I have a rather sour taste in my mouth from the last shortage and Midway's handling the availability of having any thing on hand at the time of notifications. Not sure how well they are going to handle this one. I did look to see what was availavle, and the 50 rounfd boxes were all gone, but they did list 500 round purchases available. At those prices no doubt. 

That's all there is here is REAL oddball stuff, a lot of which I never even heard of. Saw one today that was a 9mm necked down to .22 cal with a 39 gr bullet! It must be clean out the warehouse time. I never saw the like of 28 ga. About 90% of the shotshells on the shelves.

JHC :blink:

1 minute ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

That's all there is here is REAL oddball stuff, a lot of which I never even heard of. Saw one today that was a 9mm necked down to .22 cal with a 39 gr bullet! It must be clean out the warehouse time. I never saw the like of 28 ga. About 90% of the shotshells on the shelves.

JHC :blink:

I never knew that a 28 ga existed until I bought an estate sale of 11 or 12 shotgun shell loaders, 3 or 4 which were 28 ga. Took them to a SASS match where there was a Clays match going on at the same time. Those shotgunners went crazy over the 26 ga loaders and bought them all at asking price.

Is there something special about Laupa or Aquila .22's that make them worth that much or is it just "the times"?

10 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I never knew that a 28 ga existed until I bought an estate sale of 11 or 12 shotgun shell loaders, 3 or 4 which were 28 ga. Took them to a SASS match where there was a Clays match going on at the same time. Those shotgunners went crazy over the 26 ga loaders and bought them all at asking price.

Is there something special about Laupa or Aquila .22's that make them worth that much or is it just "the times"?

I have never been wealthy enough to try them, but I have heard through the grapevine(shhhhh)that they shoot clean and true. I donno. 

1 hour ago, Cypress Sun said:

s there something special about Laupa or Aquila .22's that make them worth that much or is it just "the times"?

Not really, Aquila is good ammo but it's at least 1/3 more than it was. I don't know anything about Laupa.

Me, and my flintlocks, will just wait until the prices get back to being less obscene...presuming that will happen in my lifetime.

One law of economics, that I hope will kick in, at some point-in-time, is the law of supply and demand. Later, perhaps, rather than sooner, the supply may/could/possibly be ramped back up to sanity levels, and perhaps the feeding frenzy will abate some.  

Time will tell. 

W.K. 

13 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Not sure about Aquila, they have some very high velocity that might cost more than "regular "  .22 LR.  As for Lapua, that's almost certainly match grade .22 LR ammo.  Lapua pretty much only sells match grade or near match grade ammo.

13 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Sorry I was mistaken, it's a 1000 rounds for $125.00 Still kind of expensive though.

Archived