Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Sig sauer legion series


Trigger Mike

Recommended Posts

Every now and then I go to the Sig website and it mentions the Legion series.  I looked up the difference from a normal sig, but am curious if anyone has handled one and if the difference is noticeable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The difference between the "regular" 320 and the X 5 is the straight trigger and lightening cuts on the slide. The Legion has a Tungsten infused grip module, which makes it about a pound heavier than the X 5 version of the 320, and has better sights.  Also, regardless of the type 21 round mags fit in all of the 320 series.  I have been thinking about buying the heavier grip module, but at $300 it's not worth it to me.  The X 5 and Legion are being marketed as competition guns, thus the heavier weight helps with recoil reduction.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a 226 Legion and the P320XFive Legion. The 226 being double action has the short reset trigger, night sights, better grips and the frame has an additional cut below the trigger guard for the shooting hand 3rd finger. It is very comfortable to shoot. I would classify it as a high quality combat pistol. Tex Jones explained the 320xfive Legion, I'll just add it is my "competition" pistol. It is striker fired single action with no safety.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A coworker bought a Sig P938 "Legion" because he really liked my P938.  For some unknown reason his P938 would not feed ammo from the aftermarket 7 round magazines (SIg brand) he had bought.  Three brand new Sig 7 round magazines and his pistol wouldn't feed any of them.  Nor would it work with my 7 round magazine.  It worked fine with the 6 round magazines it came with.  My pistol worked with them all.

 

I do not know what the difference is between the "Legion" P938 and mine, but the 7 round mags were a no-go in his pistol.  I don't know what he was told when he took the gun back to the dealer, but he traded it in on something different.  He owned it for about two months.

 

Angus

Link to post
Share on other sites

I own and shoot the P229 in .357 SIG caliber.   YES, it is a LEGEND and a darn fine pistol.

I also own a P320, but it ain't a LEGEND.

 

I find the LEGEND very accurate, smooth and flawless in function.   I love the feel of the grips.

 

..........Widder

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i love all my sigs , all work great with both the mags that came with them and those ive bought/had from other sources , i have the 938 , 1911 , 226 and none have failed me ever , but if you have an issue call them they have great service , 

Link to post
Share on other sites

MecGar makes most of Sig's magazines, so use them when you can find them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a smokey dive bar in Mogadishu where all the Legion operators meet between gigs.  They guzzle scotch whiskey, cut with turpentine.  They chew on seegahrs rolled with elephant grass.  They compare scars from the good ol' days.  Get misty eyed about the empty chairs.  Then, when things get quiet, they break out the tales of how they wouldn't be there today if not for thier SIG.

YOU could be part of this elite force for just $300 over the price of a normal (yuucch) SIG-Sauer pistol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a 229 Legion in 40/357 SIG.  It came with the same trigger I had to pay $65 for and spend a half hour installing in my P226 Tacops.  The P229 came with really nice G10 grips, the high visibility night sights and a more durable finish.  Downside is it came in a foam filled zipped case instead of a hardcase.  

 

I got a thing for SIG...I just keep buying them.  Latest one is a 1911 Fastback Nightmare in 357 SIG.  

 

 

p229 legion 40.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

First Sig I bought was a W German P226 that came in a cardboard box.

 

I’m unclear on what exactly an “aftermarket sig brand” magazine is... I run OEM or Mecgar almost exclusively in mine.

 

Someone told me legions are like other brands’ “custom shop” builds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WOLFY said:

 

 

I’m unclear on what exactly an “aftermarket sig brand” magazine is...

 

If that is directed towards me, I used the term to mean that he bought the magazines after purchasing the pistol and that they were marketed, marked and sold as Sig Sauer manufactured magazines.  To me, "after market" means purchased separately from, "after", the subject matter item.  It could be any brand.  Same brand as the item or any other brand that will work with, or on, the item.  In the above case they were Sig Sauer.

 

Does that make sense to you?  I'm open to any other definition.  That's just mine.

 

Hope that helps.

 

Angus

p.s.  After re-reading my comment it looks like I'm being a smart-@$$.  That was not my intent, so please don't read it that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, Mec-Gar builds all of Sig's mags except for the 220s. Also, Beretta, Walther, HK and lots of others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

 

If that is directed towards me, I used the term to mean that he bought the magazines after purchasing the pistol and that they were marketed, marked and sold as Sig Sauer manufactured magazines.  To me, "after market" means purchased separately from, "after", the subject matter item.  It could be any brand.  Same brand as the item or any other brand that will work with, or on, the item.  In the above case they were Sig Sauer.

 

Does that make sense to you?  I'm open to any other definition.  That's just mine.

 

Hope that helps.

 

Angus

p.s.  After re-reading my comment it looks like I'm being a smart-@$$.  That was not my intent, so please don't read it that way.

Thanks Angus... We are both thinking in terms of "non original equipment".   Your definition being not included with the original firearm.  Mine being not made by the original manufacturer (my background is more motorsport than firearm, though).  

 

I woulda hoped your friend sent his 938 back to Sig.  Might've been his mag catch wasn't contoured correctly, but still odd that it worked fine with the magazine the gun came with, but not with the 7 rounders.

 

I have a 238 and am super tempted to try out a 938.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, WOLFY said:

Thanks Angus... We are both thinking in terms of "non original equipment".   Your definition being not included with the original firearm.  Mine being not made by the original manufacturer (my background is more motorsport than firearm, though).  

 

I woulda hoped your friend sent his 938 back to Sig.  Might've been his mag catch wasn't contoured correctly, but still odd that it worked fine with the magazine the gun came with, but not with the 7 rounders.

 

I have a 238 and am super tempted to try out a 938.

 

 

I haven't seen the guy for a while, but, I was told he traded the 938 back to the dealer and got something else.  I still have no idea why the mags wouldn't work in his pistol.  When I see him, I plan to ask him what he was told by the dealer when he took it back.

 

I'm a big fan of the 938.  Concealable, accurate and much lighter recoil than I expected from such a small sized 9mm.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.