Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

Pollution indoors


Trigger Mike

Recommended Posts

For years I heard a commercial about how the interior of your home was more polluted than the outside.   The reason being that with closed doors and windows, and an occasional breeze from a briefly opened door would let pollution in but it could not escape.   Add to that, we breath out pollution.  

 

Did you know that when you drink alcohol,  as it is being digested,  it passes near the lungs and toxins from the alcohol enter the lungs and come out when you breath.  When we exhale, toxins leave the body and are trapped in the interior of the home.   

 

If the interior of a large home is polluted even with air filters, what makes people think a mask does not get polluted and prevent the body from expelling toxins?

 

I ask because there was a study done in July that determined 70% of those that got the virus wore the mask constantly,  14% wore it most of the time and 14% of those that got the virus never wore the mask.  I later heard the President reference the same thing in the town hall he did.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the whole idea with the mask is to protect other people (from the mask wearer).

Anything you "do" exhale will hopefully be deflected and/or travel a shorter distance than if not obstructed at all.

It's only a courtesy/consideration to those around you and no one expects it to protect you from becoming infected.

 

You would likely (normally) cover your mouth/nose with your hand or arm if you were to sneeze or cough in public … even if there wasn't a pandemic going on. You would do that out of courtesy.

Of course … you are aware when you are going to cough or sneeze and you are prepared to cover yourself. In the case of COVID … it is happening with every "normal" breath (exhale).

 

IMHO .. just about everyone is going to eventually get COVID. I think the masks helps regulate the volume. Instead of everyone getting it quickly … overwhelming medical treatment capability … it holds it down to a manageable stream.

 

I have seen it said that out of 100 people … 50% will have no symptoms at all .. 30% will have light flu like symptoms … and 20% will have a rougher time ... 10 of them ending up in the hospital. Of the 10 in the hospital … 5 will end up in intensive care … (or worse) and half of those (2.5%) will die.

 

I don't know but 2.5% (of reported cases) seems to be pretty much on the money.

 

Sooooooo … I think it is a "good-do-bee" thing. It makes other folks think you care. s9.gif.8f42865da1ad35f77ca72c2c20c82ba4.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

I think the whole idea with the mask is to protect other people (from the mask wearer).

Anything you "do" exhale will hopefully be deflected and/or travel a shorter distance than if not obstructed at all.

It's only a courtesy/consideration to those around you and no one expects it to protect you from becoming infected.

 

You would likely (normally) cover your mouth/nose with your hand or arm if you were to sneeze or cough in public … even if there wasn't a pandemic going on. You would do that out of courtesy.

Of course … you are aware when you are going to cough or sneeze and you are prepared to cover yourself. In the case of COVID … it is happening with every "normal" breath (exhale).

 

IMHO .. just about everyone is going to eventually get COVID. I think the masks helps regulate the volume. Instead of everyone getting it quickly … overwhelming medical treatment capability … it holds it down to a manageable stream.

 

I have seen it said that out of 100 people … 50% will have no symptoms at all .. 30% will have light flu like symptoms … and 20% will end up in the hospital. Of the 20 in the hospital … 10 will end up in intensive care … 5 of those will end up on a respirator (or worse) and half of those (2.5%) will die.

 

I don't know but 2.5% (of reported cases) seems to be pretty much on the money.

 

Sooooooo … I think it is a "good-do-bee" thing. It makes other folks think you care. s9.gif.8f42865da1ad35f77ca72c2c20c82ba4.gif

One problem with that, if 50% have no symptoms, then the death rate is probably half, or less than half of what you mentioned, since roughly half of cases probably go unreported.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

One problem with that, if 50% have no symptoms, then the death rate is probably half, or less than half of what you mentioned, since roughly half of cases probably go unreported.

I'm sure you are right Bill ... and the numbers we hear could be anything and I would'nt be shocked at all. 

BUT ... at this stage of the game I hope no one is still thinking that the mask is intended to keep themselves from becoming infected.

It's purpose is to deflect/obstruct the breath (exhale) of the wearer. 

If the mask does anything ... hopefully ... if will diminish the rate at which folks get infected ... so .. that there will be medical assistance avaliable if they need it.

We know what it is like when everyone wants TP at the same time ... or primers .. or gasoline etc etc ... Why all get infected at the same time when we have a chance to spread out a bit.

Even on "The Walking Dead" ... if everyone had gotten bit on the first day the show would have not lasted more than one season.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ive looked at this from every angle i could think of and all that have been presented to me by others , i hope there is some safety factor that comes out but i only see detrimental things so far , 

 

wearing a mask steals your identity and robs others of facial expressions that we need to mentally process the validity of interactions , combine this with the theft of religious freedoms and freedom of movement - assembly - family access and it looks a lot to me like the communists among us have found that "crisis" to take us over from within , the nazi tactics of turning in your neighbors and government agencies closing legal businesses and bankrupting their owners under the guise of "health" all reek of socialist government overreach much of which i believe to be unconstitutional , 

 

im all for taking whatever precaution you deem necessary for your own health , im all for development of any medical solution to this disease , but like every other health crisis in our history including the aids epidemic im not for government overreach - what might they have done for that ? [which has not gone away yet really] incarcerate in goolags ? is that what we want ? tell me we are not better than this ....................

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't realize how bad my hearing was until I could no longer read people's lips when they were talking to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 8:02 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

One problem with that, if 50% have no symptoms, then the death rate is probably half, or less than half of what you mentioned, since roughly half of cases probably go unreported.

Figures lie and liars figure . I had a statistics class my second year of college and the professor used to always enjoy showing how statistics can be used to mislead people. And there are some pretty clever ways to do it . He could make the same data have several different outcomes that would all look perfect legitimate to most of us that don’t know what to look for 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I didn't realize how bad my hearing was until I could no longer read people's lips when they were talking to me.

One time at the audiologist she tested me normally then tested me again letting me see her lips . The improvement in my score was amazing. Until that moment I never realized how much I rely on it . I can’t understand squat in public right now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2020 at 5:26 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

Personally I think the masks are worthless.  Just my uninformed opinion.

 

Of course they are. Half the air expended/inhaled goes around the sides of the mask. When I walk past somebody and immediately smell their perfume or BO I can tell the mask isn't doing anything.

 

As for indoor pollution, my house is leaky enough (costs another mortgage to heat every winter) so I don't think it's an issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Figures lie and liars figure . I had a statistics class my second year of college and the professor used to always enjoy showing how statistics can be used to mislead people. And there are some pretty clever ways to do it . He could make the same data have several different outcomes that would all look perfect legitimate to most of us that don’t know what to look for 

 

Torture any data set with enough creativity and duration, and it will confess to whatever you want. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Not mine I copied this but it made me think!
 
SPEAKING OF WEARING MASKS
ME AT RESTAURANT:
Hostess: ok, I can seat you at this table right here (4 feet away), but I will need you to wear a mask to the table.
Me : what happens when I get to the table?
Hostess: you can take off the mask.
Me : then it is safe over there?
Hostess: yes.
Me : are those fans blowing above the table? Is that the air-conditioning I feel? Is the air circulating in here?
Hostess: no words. Confused look.
ME AT GROCERY STORE:
Why is there plastic on the payment keypad?
Cashier: to protect people from Covid.
Me : but isn’t everyone touching the plastic keypad the same way they would the regular keypad?
Cashier: no words. Confused look.
ME AT DRIVE-THRU
Server: (holds a tray out the window with a bag of food for logical friend to grab)
ME : why is my bag of food on a tray?
Server: so I don’t touch your food because of Covid.
Me : didn’t the cook touch my food? Didn’t the person wrapping my food touch it and then touch it again when placing it in my bag? Didn’t you touch the bag and put it on the tray? Didn’t you touch the tray?
Server: no words. Confused look.
Life is hard for logical people right now. We are being raised without the ability to process and execute logic 
Copied & pasted
NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE!! And don’t argue with me about how this or that is logical. Because it’s not. I’ll respect your choice to wear one, respect my choice not to. None of the recommended procedures put in place make any sense at all
Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree - the stupidity has been accepted as correct and the logical has been eliminated in the confusion , im not going to see this disease any different than any other that has presented itself in my lifetime - i did get vacinated for polio and small pox , i was intentionaly exposed to measels , mumps and chicken pox , the plague has been around in my life without me dieing , but bottom line is i am going to die , someday , we all are 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.