SASS Wire Forum

Nazi Dagger

Rye Miles #13621

53 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

they are expensive

Ain't dat da trufe.

I just did a quick search, looking to see what branch that was for (SA, the "Brown Shirts"), and saw where one sold for what I thought said $1,300. That seemed a heap, but then I looked at the price again. There were two 3s. $13,300.00.

Wowser.

I've got some Nazi-era coins that my dad collected many years ago, plus I have a Nazi-proofed Luger. Unfortunately these days you have to be careful about showing stuff like that to other people, lest somebody report you to the FBI as a possible neo-Nazi or right-wing sympathizer. To us it's just history and not something to be whitewashed, but the snowflakes don't see it that way and they'd love to get you into trouble for it.

The dagger is a Nazi, “Sturmabteilung” or “SA”. The SA were (generally speaking) the forerunners of the SS. They were Hitler’s organized gangs of thugs; the murderous, violent animals that attacked Jews, Gypsies, and others Hitler labeled as undesirable.  They attacked people in their homes, on the streets, and in their businesses, killing and injuring and intimidating  people andestrying property, homes and businesses.  Hitler eventually had the leaders of the SA killed, including the leader, a guy named Röhm.  There’s more to all this.....

I used to collect all things related to Nazi Germany, including uniforms, medals, various daggers, etc.  I had at least six of these SA daggers.  There’s a SS version of this very same dagger that has something like, “My Heart Is True” as an inscription....I forget, exactly.  I had about ten of those.  Anyway.....

Cat Brules

For the record: This isn't mine, (I wish it was) it's just a picture I saw on another site and thought it was pretty cool!

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

For the record: This isn't mine, (I wish it was) it's just a picture I saw on another site and thought it was pretty cool!

Huh, and here I thought you won the Ohio Lottery! :lol:

29 minutes ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Huh, and here I thought you won the Ohio Lottery! :lol:

I wish!!;)

You have to be a real expert to collect those today. There have been fakes on the market since the 1950s. Daggers and medals. Very hard to tell the originals from the repros.

If you know what to look for, the fakes, even the good ones, are fairly obvious.

Cat Brules

Archived