SASS Wire Forum

Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Dinner at Winter Range 2018

Dragon Hill Dave #59561

The Magnificent Seven invite all Classics, occasional Classics, used-ta-be Classics, want-ta-be Classics, or just enjoy being around Classics to attend the newly revived Classic Cowboy Dinner at Winter Range on Thursday February 22. Just like the old days, we will be using the Buffalo Chip Saloon in Cave Creek ( 6823 E Cave Creek Rd, Cave Creek, AZ 85331). The Buffalo Chip has laid out a space for us to congregate and watch our honorees for this year—Chili Pepper Kid and Black Hills Barb, receive their awards for being voted the Classic Cowboy and Cowgirl Shootists of the Year for 2017 . The Buffalo Chip has made us a place around the campfire where we can celebrate the Classic Shooting style, catch up with old friends, and fete our latest honorees. (thanks to our newest Magnificent Seven member Augustus Goodnight for handling the arrangements at the Buffalo Chip.)

We have scheduled the dinner for Thursday evening, February 22, during Winter Range. It does not conflict with any Winter Range dinners and food starts at 6:30 with the awards ceremony at 7:30.

Just so we will have an idea of how many people to expect, let us know if you are planning to attend by replying to this post or sending me a PM, and we will add you to the list.

Right now, here is who I know will be there:

1.         Augustus Goodnight

2.        Chili Pepper Kid +1

3.       Dragon Hill Dave

4.   Lodan B. Fast and Marie Laveau

5.   Blacksmith Hoss and Grannie Annie

6.   Omaha John and Complicated Lady

7.   Peacemaker Mike and Pistol Packing Pammi

8.   Whiskey Rick and Laura Lee

9.   Cowboy Rick and Dimpled Darlin

10. Flying Shootist, Hail Hot Mary, and Medicine Creek Johnny

11.  Serenity and Legendary Lawman

12.  Cowtown Scout

13.  Marshal Kane and Amy Kane

14.  Gabby Walker and Carol

15.  Bender +1

16.  Sgt. O'Hara +1

17.  Sgt. Rourke +1

18.  Calico Cad +1

19.  Willie Killem and Juana Killem

20.  Pit Mule and Nellie Fontana

21.  Charlie MacNeil

22.  Squawty Bawdy, Shotglass, and Texas Jack Daniels

23.  Bijou Blade, Tolinka, and Calico Cowgirl

24.  Big Six Henderson and Cimarron Lil

25.  Yellowstone Vic and Dakota Wildcat

26.  Half a Hand Henri

27.   Captain Midnight and Jan

28.  G.W. Ryder and Joey Ann

29.  Garrison Joe

30.  Southwest Trapper and Alberta Annie

31.  Blazen Vaquero and Sonora Blaze

32.  Canadian Major +1

33.  Holy Rider and Boothill Bandit

34.  Deacon Doug and Annie B. Quick

35.  Curly Bill and Honey Gun

Could you sign up Omaha John and Complicated Lady too? 

Also Peacemaker Mike and Pistol Packin Pammi.

2 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Crap... Wish I could attend.  You got room in the trunk of the car Chili Pepper?

Nope but I cud strap ya to the roof. We gotta go thru Kansas.

Really wish I could make it but just started a new job this past Monday. I guess I'll just have to wait till EOT to see everyone.

congratulations to Black Hills Barb and Chili Pepper Kid.

Also to Augustus Goodnight as the newest  Magnificent Seven member, couldn't think of a better Cowboy to represent us.

Also put Cowboy Rick & Dimpled Darlin on the list.

Would not want to miss a chance to pick on Chili!

Add in Flyin Shootist, Hail Hot Mary, and Medicine Creek Johnny, to the list we are always happy to help roast a good friend.  

This is going to be quite the shindig. Sorry I'm going to miss it. That four letter word called work.:angry:

Add 6 More:

Bender +1

Sgt. O'Hara +1

Sgt. O'Rourke +1

Thanks Gunsmoke. Wish you could make it but I fully understand real life invading upon fun.....LOL

Sign is up, Pit Mule & Nellie Fontana.

8 hours ago, Pit Mule said:

Sign is up, Pit Mule & Nellie Fontana.

Yahoo!!! My iowa Classic cowboy pard/mentor is gonna be there!!! We're gonna let the badger loose!!!

20 minutes ago, Dragon Hill Dave #59561 said:

So is "let the badger loose" some Midwestern Iowa saying? Or are we talking about a real badger?

No real badgers are involved or harmed in any way. It's Pit Mule's saying kinda like don't hold back shoot as fast as possible on a stage no aiming just tear loose or in this case....Let's party!!!

BTW what's up with the Wisconsin link at the Buffalo Chip? I noticed the Packers and U of Wisconsin Badgers logo on thar website.

CPK;

It's been a Cheese Head hang out for a very long time.

Max McGee, legendary wide receiver for the Green Bay Packers used to own the place.

He named it the Buffalo Chip. Before that it was call the Maverick; and before that it was a Bait Shop.

I miss the history of the old place but the new building is better by several orders of magnitude. It's really nice with some amazing woodwork.

It also has high ceilings, the one thing about the old Chip I hated was the low ceilings. There's also a wall dedicated to Winter Range..... You'll see.

Here's a nice little article on the place and some high, and low light of its history.

https://imagesarizona.com/the-buffalo-chip-is-back/

I have been asked to post to the list, to add Yellowstone Vic and Dakota Wildcat to the growing list.

We are all counting the days looking forward to enjoying roasted Chili.

F.S.

1 hour ago, Dragon Hill Dave #59561 said:

Chili--there has to be an interesting story here with all your friends so eager to come and roast you.

I think they're out to get even. Ya better search em at the door...No ropes allowed. Especially Flying Shootist aka Whar's my shotgun shells?!

Obviously much to learn about this Chili Pepper Kid and his gang.

Let us know if you are coming so we can get your name on the list. We already have nearly 50 folks, and we have room for a lot more.

10 hours ago, Half-a-Hand Henri said:

Please add Half-a-Hand Henri to the list.  Do I have to wear boots?!?!

Henri;

I'll have to check with the Buffalo Chip on their dress code.

There's no law in AZ concerning going barefoot in a restaurant . They follow ADHA and Federal FDA regulations of which there are none requiring footwear but a business may set its own dress code.

I'll give them a call this week and find out for you.

Archived