SASS Wire Forum

Flag at Matches

Silver Rings SASS # 27466

3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Pat-This should help ya....Came into play in 2008

http://www.military.com/flag-day/rules-for-saluting-us-flag.html

OLG

Thanks OLG...but I will stick with my hand and hat over my heart. :)

3 hours ago, Frio Kid, SASS #31915 said:

In TX we also pledge allegiance to the TX flag.

Sounds like Texas!

:D

4 hours ago, Redwood Kid said:

Excellent. Next time I'm out that way again, I'll be there and you can wrap whatever flag you want around me. When in Rome.......

While I'm at it, if anyone has a general Lee Dodge Charger, I'd be most grateful if they'd let me drive it. One of my bucket list dreams. What? I never claimed I wasn't part hypocrite. 

Dueling Banjos comes to mind.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, Silver Rings SASS # 27466 said:

When I went to my first cowboy match in 1997, they had the US flag flying and did the Pledge of Allegiance. That was the first time I had been any where in decades that did the Pledge. I found it to be a very emotional experience. I have really appreciated and enjoyed having the flag displayed and doing the Pledge at all the matches I have been to.

For several years now I have been running the matches at my local club and take great pride in displaying the flag and leading the Pledge.

Do the matches you go to fly the flag and say the Pledge?

SR

Every match we do starts that way.....and every match in our great state I have ever been to does as well. 

I really thought SASS was above all of this.Just my opinion,If you don't want to say the pledge don't put you hand in your pocket and keep your mouth closed while we say the pledge.If you don't want to pray put in your ear plugs and let the rest of us pray for all the shooters, for our country and for everyone that may need prayer.If you are offended pack up your gun cart and go play somewhere that believes like you do.We as a country have let the one or two people take prayer out of school because they were offended.I stand for the flag and I knee for GOD.If you are offended by what most of us do and love MOVE.

Many clubs in Texas also say the Pledge to the Texas flag in addition to the pledge to the US flag. After the pledges, someone offers a prayer, and I haven't seen or heard from anyone that didn't approve and participate in both pledges and say "amen" after the prayer.

Here in West Virginia I have yet to attend a match that we did not say the pledge and have a prayer.  We either play a recording of our anthem or have someone sing it for us.  This from local clubs right up to our state match.

Archived