SASS Wire Forum

New pistol

I'm thinking about buying a new semi auto, this time in 9mm.  I have always used single action semis in 45 ACP, but I see some new offerings in 9mm with striker fired designs, as opposed to DAO.  I have read some reports on the pluses and minuses of each design.  I don't intend to carry, but will use it for target practice.  Any thoughts on their use? 

Thanks

3 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Go to a range that has rentals and try a few.  Find one that feels good and you can shoot well.  

+1

I like the S&W M&P line of handguns. I have an M&P 9c, 12 round mags, great shooter. I've been thinking about getting the new M&P 2.0

3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Go to a range that has rentals and try a few.  Find one that feels good and you can shoot well.  

Gotta agree with Joe on this one.

Personally, I'm fond of a couple pistols.   One of my favorites is the SIG P320.

..........Widder

20 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Gotta agree with Joe on this one.

Personally, I'm fond of a couple pistols.   One of my favorites is the SIG P320.

..........Widder

That's what I'm looking at, or rather the new 320 X series, which of course aren't yet available.  Not even listed on their web site.

Silver Bullet Gun shop and range here at home .

Has a deal 10$ gets you 10 bullets and any gun to try .

Including range time and target.

If you buy the  gun they take off the 10$.

I always recommend this to people to try out new guns .

Great Idea if you ask me.

Just saying .

Tex,

for the record, I own two complete SIG P320's.

One is 9mm, full size frame, medium grip module.

And the other is my favorite:  357 SIG, full size frame and medium grip module.

I also own a SIG P220 in 10mm.   Its every bit as good as its reputation.  If you want to ever hunt pigs, coyotes at close range, etc..... with a pistol, this is one to consider. 

And for info purposes, my younger brother owns a P320 in the subcompact size.

All of these pistols have served us well and been highly reliable.   Ironically, the most accurate of the bunch is the SubCompact model P320.

Another real nice pistol on the market right now is the 'Kanic'  or  'Canik', or something like that.   Beautiful pistol in 9mm.   My cowboy pard has one and it also seems very reliable and reasonably accurate.

..........Widder

My nephew just acquired a P320C - the only version available at this point in this Commonwealth.

I had a chance on Easter to handle it.  Nice fit for my medium size hands; great feel to the grip.  Looking forward to trying it.

I don't own a 9mm.  My first pistol was a .40 Walther P99, and I still like it.  But I have been eyeballing the Sig P938.  I like my P238, but it's a bit small.  It's bigger brother might fill the gap between a .380 and a .45, but still provide the familiar 1911-style controls.

Ain't it grand to have options?

LL

Been shooting a 1911 for years. Still shoot my cowboy guns once in a while, but it has mainly been my 1911 for a long while. Recently had the idea that I would like to shoot something different, something in a smaller caliber. Picked up a Glock 19 on sale. It's pretty cheap to shoot, pretty darned accurate and so far goes bang every time.

Archived