SASS Wire Forum

Busy signal?

Rye Miles #13621

I can't remember the last time I got a busy signal when calling someone. I get voice mail or they answer. It seems the busy signal has been destined to the dark shelves of history!

Remember if you really had to get a hold of someone and it was busy you could call the operator and she would cut into the call and tell the person someone is trying to get a hold of them. It had to be an emergency though! :o

Anyone get busy signals anymore?? :huh:

yes. Calls to a land line when the recipient has a home phone and does not have call waiting will get a busy signal.

Yes I know that, but I can't remember the last time I got a busy signal which is my point! I don't know anyone with a land line that doesn't have voice mail!

call me. tell me in advance so I can make sure I my line is busy.

:P No, you sound too cranky!!! :P:lol:

Cranky...I'll give you cranky....lol...Jim

I always hated "call waiting." Annoying as heck to be talking to someone and have the phone 'beep' in my ear... I figgered if I'm talking to someone and somebody else wants to talk to me they can wait their turn ~ and the 'busy signal' let's 'em know I'm there. AND busy! ;)

I have a dial phone, not a cranky.

When my youngest grandchild was about three, and we visited the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago, her dad had to show her how a dial phone worked. Never had seen one before! OTOH, don't most of us say, "Dial such-and-such a number," when we tell people to call?

Yes I know that, but I can't remember the last time I got a busy signal which is my point! I don't know anyone with a land line that doesn't have voice mail!

All I have is an answering machine. It will not put you into voice mail if I'm on the line.

All I have is an answering machine. It will not put you into voice mail if I'm on the line.

You're one in a million Bob!!! :lol: Well...maybe one in 10,000 :P