SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout 2017!

And you may feel free to sample extensively and until you are satisfied that you have enough information to make an educated decision!! :lol::lol::lol:

Manners goes both ways!! ;)

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've experienced a couple of pretty severe 'mornin after headaches' exercising good manners there at Ponderosa Pines! :wacko:;)

Titus, I think those headaches were from falling off the pole landing on your head ;)

Kajun

I've experienced a couple of pretty severe 'mornin after headaches' exercising good manners there at Ponderosa Pines! :wacko:;)

The day of the Brew Judging last year I held off all day long so's I wouldn't get stupid drunk. :(

It was kinda sad. :lol:

Waimea

I'm way too old to comfortably get too drunk so I could be had as a judge of something.

Ol' Noz is a purty good judge of vittles 'n' such!! I'd stand in fer his nomination if a vacancy was needin' filled!!

Boy's, it seems like Black Gold is just around the corner. Been up on the range taking advantage of this warmer weather and it seems like I just left it after Black Gold 2016. We are making a few changes to try and make the range a little prettier and more accessible. But we are NOT changing what makes Black Gold THE most fun match in SASS!!!! That being ALL OF OUR "FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES " from all over this great country!!!!

KAIN'T WAIT!!!

Yore larnin' how to spell!

Kajun

I cud alwaze spell!! It's jus that most city folks kain't syfur normal spellin'!!!

syfur=cipher (Meaning to "work things out", use of mathematics)

Hadn't heard that used in a bunch of years. Was used mostly among the "old folks" when I was growing up.

Thinking about this and my Mother often used the term cipher as meaning near zero. She would use it a a description of a person she had no use for. Such as: Skipper is a cipher.

syfur=cipher (Meaning to "work things out", use of mathematics)

Hadn't heard that used in a bunch of years. Was used mostly among the "old folks" when I was growing up.

:lol::lol::lol: Me 'n' you is "old folks" now!!! :lol::lol::lol:

It's a lot of fun to pull out some of those old words and phrases now and then and watch the look of confusion on some millennial's face when I tell 'em to look it up!! ;)

When I was growing up a lot of the "old folks" were immigrants and English was a bit of a struggle for some. We had Swiss, Swedes, Germans, something called "Bohunks", a few Italians and some Irish. Seems like we all got along pretty good though.

Forgot the Polish. Lots of them.

For a while when I was a kid, I lived in the area around New York City. In all of the big towns, there were "Halls" dedicated to certain ethnic groups. Polish Hall, Irish Hall, Italian Hall, and so forth. These were really community centers where large parties and weddings and the like were often held.

By the time I was old enough to know about them, they had begun to fade from the scene. Folks DID get along better back then!!

Kinda' like our Game, folks from everywhere get together and get along great!!

Anyone heard "Sigoglin"? Meaning something that is crooked or out of adjustment. Enough to give a pard a "my-brain" headache!

Im from Harlan, KY. born and raised. I have heard so many great "sayins".

Anyone heard "Sigoglin"? Meaning something that is crooked or out of adjustment. Enough to give a pard a "my-brain" headache!

I get that way every now and again. :wacko: So I hafta make a trip to Eastern Kentucky to git straightened back out! :P

I get that way every now and again. :wacko: So I hafta make a trip to Eastern Kentucky to git straightened back out! :P

You just mighten be on ta sumptin there Titus....mebbe ole Whiskey Creek Johnson kin set up a booth for "attitude adjustments"....treatments vary depending on how bad your attitude is out of adjustment. Could be one, mebbe two cups of Copperhead Juice ta git youself back to normal....whatever normal is...lol :blink::wacko:

Kajun

Nope the correct word was "antigoglin". Also known as Skiwant.

Kinda like some of Whiskey Creek's Hillbillympics props! ^_^

The proper term is "WHOPPYJAWED"!!!

The alternative phrase is "KATTYWOMPUS"!!

Application is in the mail. We'll be dragging the bunkhouse with us again. Camping on the range is the way to go. After watching the pole dancing last year, I don't think I could have driven. My eyes, my eyes.

or assembled by a "drunk monkey"

As a representative of the "drunk monkeys assoc." I represent that statement.

I'm a charter member of the drunk monkey assoc.!!!

I saw Copperhead over the weekend, he said apps were coming in every day. This will be another one for the history books, its a shame we cant talk about it.

Those conversations are reserved for face to face situations only and not for the ears of those who have not experienced the event!!

Make people look at us funny when we just nod an chuckle!! ;):lol::lol::lol::lol:

I reminded a young lady about her behavior at Possum Trot and she indignantly informed me that she had done no such thing. Be careful out there. I guess what goes on at a cowboy shoot stays at the cowboy shoot especially a Copperhead Joe shoot.

I reminded a young lady about her behavior at Possum Trot and she indignantly informed me that she had done no such thing. Be careful out there. I guess what goes on at a cowboy shoot stays at the cowboy shoot especially a Copperhead Joe shoot.

Another cowboy who's quick on the uptake!! ;):lol::lol:

Planning a trip north for summer. Always COOL at Black Gold! I plan on winning the Hillbilly Games.

Glad yore plannin' on joinin' us!!

Wouldn't be the same without you!!

Kinda' quiet with WCJ and Iron Maiden off galavantin'!! Reckon them an' Fannie 'n' Titus an' T-Bone 'n' Miss Ellie are havin' a great time!!

Joe and Bo have been on the road for a while, figure there were quite a few registrations arrived while they were gone, quite on all fronts it seems.

Archived