SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout 2017!

I'm sorry. I will not be competing in the Elvis look alike contest.  I have searched everywhere and cannot find any "BUTCH WAX".  No self respecting Elvis impersonator can appear without a heady coat of Butch Wax.  I can remember sitting in 8th grade classes in warm weather and feeling melted butch wax running down my neck.

Blackwater, I had the big forehead curl and the thinning scissors ducktail in back.  I actually was so cool in 1957 that they called me "The Duke". Name didn't stick past high school nor did the hair.  By the time college rolled around I was wearing "The Princeton" style of hair cut. 

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the roll and duck tail!!  My daddy threatened me with a GI haircut so many times that it became a comedy routine!!  He go to blusterin' and growling' about something I'd done or didn't do.  He'd threaten to cut my hair and my mom would set in on him like a banty hen protectin' one of her chicks!!!  :lol::lol::lol:B)

My sideburns just grew into a beard.  The last time I was clean shaven was when my senior picture was taken.  I quit a couple of jobs over the length of my hair or the beard or both.  I DID shave out the point of my chin and under the jaw when I got stove up in a farm accident.  The boss where I worked told me I could work the parts counter 'til I got healed up if I'd shave and cut my hair.  I showed up at work two days later with my chin shaved and my hair tied back in a pony tail.  Old man Cole just shook his head and chuckled, "Those are awful big 'sideburns'".

I was behind that counter for six months.  The hair grew back on my chin in two weeks and he never said a word.

My Elvis days were short as far as trying to look or sound like him.  First the Beatles and then Southern Rock/Blues captured my imagination.  Elvis was fabulous andI really dig his music. His Rock and Blues especially.  He had a tenor voice that rivaled the great singers of opera and classical music.  It's gonna' be fun to bring some of that back to the party.

This don't belong on the second page!!

Think peanut butter graham cracker crust, banana bourbon glaze, and real baked cheesecake!! 

Just one of several recipes I'm toying around with!!

See ya' Saturday!!

54 minutes ago, Uncle Ethan # 94321 said:

You'll made this sound like so much fun, I signed up. Will be my first outing from the friendly confines of Oak Ridge.

You won't be sorry!!!  The fun goes on all year!!

On 3/20/2017 at 8:27 PM, Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162 said:

We just home to pile of applications! Everything is looking good, as hard as maybe to pull off we going to make this one the best one ever!!

Don't forget the virtual app I gave you in FL. :o:lol:

Waimea

16 minutes ago, Waimea said:

Don't forget the virtual app I gave you in FL. :o:lol:

Waimea

You gonna shoot da match wif virtual guns? :lol:

Kajun

11 hours ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

Rumor has it that Elvis has asked to posse with the Jack Link's Bigfoot.  Bigfoot is known to be a killer on the stripper pole and has a taste for "Copperhead Juice".

Everybody likes Copperhead Juice!

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

You gonna shoot da match wif virtual guns? :lol:

Kajun

Maybe.

I paid with Yankee dollars and Tombstone was my witness but he might be mad at me for hiding in the weeds. So my status is tenuous to say the least.

In my favor is that I did bring a nice cheesecake and Miss Bo and Mrs Waimea hit it off. So we'll see what comes of this Outlaw mess.

Waimea

4 minutes ago, Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162 said:

Virtual app, what you talk about pale face? And all you have is a well known OUTLAW to back your play. Now what kind of a Chump do you think I am? I may have been born at night ,but it wasn't last night !

Yup, I shoulda made the hand off in front of more (50 or so more) witnesses.

B-Western my eye.

You got more Outlaw in you than the whole James gang.

What's YOUR play, ya old Outlaw?

Waimea

I do seem to remember some money changing hands but unfortunately none of it seemed to change into my hands so my memory is a little fuzzy.

1 hour ago, Tn Tombstone said:

I do seem to remember some money changing hands but unfortunately none of it seemed to change into my hands so my memory is a little fuzzy.

This here is beginning to sound like the Tennessee Two step.

At least you recollect something.

I tell you, you and Joe got a taste of good salty Florda air and it made you both plum loco.

I wonder if Creek escaped Florida without bein' affected so poorly as to turn against practically blood kin.

Waimea

37 minutes ago, Waimea said:

This here is beginning to sound like the Tennessee Two step.

At least you recollect something.

I tell you, you and Joe got a taste of good salty Florda air and it made you both plum loco.

I wonder if Creek escaped Florida without bein' affected so poorly as to turn against practically blood kin.

Waimea

Waimea, I'ma thunkin ya shouldawouldacoulda gave a part of the admission to the BG shootout to ole TT....he knows people what knows people.  Not sayin' that miscreant is on the straight and narrow but he lives up there in the hills. 

Now Whiskey Creek Johnson, that's a whole 'nother world up in his head....Lord knows the stuffs that's floating around in his mind with all the Olimpiks planning going on.

Ole Joe, he mighten be persuaded to quasi remember what happened in the Sunshine state if'n there wuz some lead involved....just sayin' B)

Kajun

8 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

YADA, YADA....

Ole Joe, he mighten be persuaded to quasi remember what happened in the Sunshine state if'n there wuz some lead involved....just sayin' B)

Kajun

I am thinkin Ole Joe might not be to happy ifn I started SHOOTIN' at him.

Kajun, WHAT ARE YOU THINKIN'?:lol:

40 minutes ago, Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162 said:

Outlaw you calling an outlaw? I only cross that thin line when benefits me !!

It seems like the benefits never end when yer Outlawin'.

Kajun might be on to something (not the shootin' part, that's why he's krazy).

I know the Hillbilly has lead. He's been a teasing me with it for almost a year. If you could pry it from him I could turn it into some fine little .38 and .45 nuggets that you could give away at BG. I would just need a small stipend for overhead.

That's a lot of door prizes ALMOST FREE.

How's THAT for Outlaw Benefits?

Waimea

1 hour ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Hey NOZ,

If you can't find any BUTCH wax, Waimea will loan you some of his 'LUCKY TIGER'..... :D

..........Widder

Widder

I wish I had some of that Lucky Tiger so's I wouldn't have to "hide in the weeds".

:lol:

Waimea

2 hours ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Hey NOZ,

If you can't find any BUTCH wax, Waimea will loan you some of his 'LUCKY TIGER'..... :D

..........Widder

Lucky Tiger is just what we called "stinkum". I need serious sticky nasty Butch Wax.

Actually I don't need it. I don't have enough hair to make a respectable forehead curl.

Here ya go Noz....not too late to get your order in.

WIdder, that there Lucky Tiger wax the secret ingredient in your action jobs that you perform free of charge on your opponent's 97 shotgun? :lol::P

Kajun

If you had some of that Lucky Tiger you would not be able to hide in the weeds

2 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Here ya go Noz....not too late to get your order in.

WIdder, that there Lucky Tiger wax the secret ingredient in your action jobs that you perform free of charge on your opponent's 97 shotgun? :lol::P

Kajun

Howdy Krazy.

Actually, I try to give ALL my opponents who use the 97' a small tube of Lucky Tiger and tell them its like greased lightning inside the actions of the 97.

Makes the shells glide into the chamber...........but I don't tell them about the empties that just stick inside the receiver while trying to pump em out..... :lol:

I hope Red Knee don't read this post.   He just received a new tube of it from me..... :o

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

If you had some of that Lucky Tiger you would not be able to hide in the weeds

Well, I ain't changin' my ways now...too old.

I may practice a tad more to make them weeds have to work a bit less.

I am concerned about Joe. He seems to have stubbed a toe and fallen off a cliff.

Or maybe he's just a rollin' in the cash I gave him at Dark Day.:P

Cud be either I s'pose.:lol:

Waimea

Y'all need to convert to Wildroot Cream Oil fer them hair grooming needs!!

Far as ol' Copperhead goes, he only spies on this thread when he ain't workin' on that range or the rest of the grounds around there!  He'll fix ya' up when the time comes!!

Hey BLKWTR,

I started to say something about Wildroot.  It was my favorite hair cream when I was but a pup.

I was in the Navy with a feller who drank Vitalis.  Yep, he was addicted to alcohol.

..........Widder

Archived