SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout 2017!

25 minutes ago, Widowmaker Hill SASS #59054 said:

Hey BLKWTR,

I started to say something about Wildroot.  It was my favorite hair cream when I was but a pup.

I was in the Navy with a feller who drank Vitalis.  Yep, he was addicted to alcohol.

..........Widder

YESSIR!!  It was my "go to" to maintain my pompadour in grade school and early in high school.  I had my senior picture taken in the summer of 1970.  That was the last day I ever used it and also the last day that I was clean shaven.

The senior pic was for my mom and dad.  I had already begun to lean more toward longer locks and "that 70s look"!!  I had discovered the Allman Brothers Band and the BLUES!!  There was no returning from there!!

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well now seems some of you ol boys ain't got nothing better to do than to play around on this here wire, while some of us are working on the range to make this match  the best one yet. And the prettiest. Pretty is something we ain't had time deal with, but this year we are going to try and pretty up the range a little. So just don't worry about me I'll get back to ya.

Still trying to find that virtual money I Supposed to have.

48 minutes ago, Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162 said:

Still trying to find that virtual money I Supposed to have.

Back pocket. Two fifties.

And NO comment on my inspired proposal?!?:o

Daaaannng, you are a hard nut to crack.

This might take a bottle of something potent wrapped in a little blue cloth bag.:blink:

Waimea

3 hours ago, Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162 said:

It seems you may have stumbled onto a truth serum. As you know some of these Outlaws up this way are parochial to purple bags. 

Joe, it has been quite some time since I'd heard the term "parochial" used.  And I don't recollect ever hearing it in the context in which you used it, specifically, in reference to the drink of choice of many of the Outlaws:ph34r: I happen to hang with!

Now I've heard of 'parochial schools' and always had the understanding that they are private schools affiliated with a religious organization, and whose curriculum includes general religious education in addition to secular subjects.  So with that broader base of education curriculum my assumption was that the term parochial would tend to describe something with an open mind, looking at the broader picture.  So your use of the term was a little puzzling to me.  So I looked up the definition of the term parochial.

The term "parochial" can be applied in both culture and economics if a local culture or geographic area's government makes decisions based on solely local interests that do not take into account the effect of the decision on the broader community. The term may also be applied to decisions and events that are considered to be trivial in the grand scheme of things but that may be over-emphasized in a smaller community.

Parochialism is the state of mind, whereby one focuses on small sections of an issue rather than considering its wider context. More generally, it consists of being narrow in scope.:o

Well, I guess I learnt sumpthin' today.  So I guess with parochial schools teaching secular subjects, but geared toward a religious theme incorporated into that education, they are deemed as being narrow in scope, thus focusing on small sections of an issue.  Go figure.  So if a feller was to extrapolate that reasoning out to your post..."some of these Outlaws up this way are parochial to purple bags"...he just might come to the conclusion that we is a bunch of narrow minded folks!

DANG, I been watchin too much politics on TV.  I'm startin to think like one of them!  Thanks a lot Joe!  No really, I mean thanks.  You got me to thinkin, which usually leads me to drinkin!  You gave me just what I needed...a reason to drink!  THANKS!:lol:

Dang Titus.....that's a might parochial view you've got there....just use any little thing as a reason to take a sip.! ;):lol::lol:

Eye yie yie babe....mais we gonna pass a good time at dat Black Gold shootemup yeah....lassiez les bon temps rouler ya'll ....pooyie!

Krazy (what gradjimifikated frum one of dem dere parokial Katlic hi skools) Kajun

Titus,

I like your explanation of "parochial" but

that term "parochial" that Joe uses is a Eastern Kentucky meaning, totally different than in the rest of the country.

Well seein' as how I ain't from Eastern Kentucky, maybe someone could enlighten me on the meaning of  "parochial" as used by my old buddy.  And if that explanation comes early enough today(that would be before I git too far into that drinkin thing Joe got me started on;)) I just might be able to say that I learnt two things today!:P

14 hours ago, Copperhead Joe, SASS # 39162 said:

It seems you may have stumbled onto a truth serum. As you know some of these Outlaws up this way are parochial to purple bags. 

I prefer to think of the purple bag solution as a memory enhancing elixir.

Parochial = partial as in liking something or someone, sweet on it, throw Mama under the bus fer it.

That's my SW Florida understanding of Eastern Kentucky parochial.

Hey Titus - "the drink of choice of many of the Outlaws:ph34r: I happen to hang with!". Just so you know, you don't just hang with Outlaws, you are one of the gang. Fanny too.

Once an Outlaw, always an Outlaw.

Waimea

Spent the weekend at Ponderosa Pines to attend and participate in the Crap Shoot!!  Copperhead Joe and family and friends are working their respective posteriors off in anticipation of the bestest Black Gold Shootout yet!!  They're remodeling the kitchen and expanding that pavilion.  A new cart path for golf carts and mules is in the works to run on the other side of the lake!!  The load/unload sheds on the upper range are being expanded!!

There are other improvements in all areas and that includes the fun factor!!   Better bring your party britches and as set of suspenders to make sure they don't get blowed off when this shindig gets rollin'!!!

47 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Spent the weekend at Ponderosa Pines to attend and participate in the Crap Shoot!!  Copperhead Joe and family and friends are working their respective posteriors off in anticipation of the bestest Black Gold Shootout yet!!  They're remodeling the kitchen and expanding that pavilion.  A new cart path for golf carts and mules is in the works to run on the other side of the lake!!  The load/unload sheds on the upper range are being expanded!!

There are other improvements in all areas and that includes the fun factor!!   Better bring your party britches and as set of suspenders to make sure they don't get blowed off when this shindig gets rollin'!!!

Make sure they're ELVIS britches and suspenders....ya wouldn't want disappoint Iron Maiden!^_^

3 hours ago, Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705 said:

Are you "parochial" to it?  Looks a little conspicuous fer an Outlaw.:ph34r:

I AM sweet on it.:lol:

Probably would NOT throw Mama under the bus fer it though.

Waimea

Now my hunk a burnin love , Whiskey Creek, is all shook up about the hillbilly olypiks this year. Shoot, theres a ittle harem scarem, a little easy come easy go, a littledouble trouble, maybe a little kissin cousins. Yeah, gonna get wild in the country! You know, he's gonna do it his way! We know theres gonna be a little less conversation when the free flowing shine gets in your system. I guarantee, you wont be lonesome those nights at the Black Gold! So put on your blue suede shoes and rock a hula baby. Its now or never!

VIVA BLACK GOLD!

43 minutes ago, ironmaiden said:

Now my hunk a burnin love , Whiskey Creek, is all shook up about the hillbilly olypiks this year. Shoot, theres a ittle harem scarem, a little easy come easy go, a littledouble trouble, maybe a little kissin cousins. Yeah, gonna get wild in the country! You know, he's gonna do it his way! We know theres gonna be a little less conversation when the free flowing shine gets in your system. I guarantee, you wont be lonesome those nights at the Black Gold! So put on your blue suede shoes and rock a hula baby. Its now or never!

VIVA BLACK GOLD!

K

Off to take a COLD SHOWER now.

Waimea

No hose bath for Waimea!!!  :rolleyes::rolleyes: :lol::lol:

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

No hose bath for Waimea!!!  :rolleyes::rolleyes: :lol::lol:

Hey, one at a time.

It's like a pileup around here.

I prefer running through the sprinkler.

(That ought to keep your mind busy for a while).

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Waimea oughta just jump in the lake and let the fish eat off the barnacles :lol:

Kajun

You calling me a scow?

And Bo I take two showers every month, so there.

Waimea

I'm sure glad I stumbled onto the SASS wire. ....made me remember something very important.  We need to get our applications sent in for Black Gold.

Joe, please save room for us.

John doesn't know it yet, but we'll be there!

Elvis....peanut butter....bananas

.......my wheels are turnin'

We can always chunk Waimea in the Catfish pond if he starts to go bad on us.

Copperhead, how are those registrations going?

Is it July yet?

The Clean Water Act prohibits anybody from discharging "pollutants" through a "point source" into a "water of the United States" unless they have an NPDES permit. The permit will contain limits on what you can discharge, monitoring and reporting requirements, and other provisions to ensure that the discharge does not hurt water quality or people's health. In essence, the permit translates general requirements of the Clean Water Act into specific provisions tailored to the operations of each person discharging pollutants.

In other words, we can't legally throw Waimea in the lake without a NPDES permit.  Fortunately, we have time to get one.

We need to be careful.  If Waimea is carrying any boxes of his high quality custom bullets (shameless advertising plug), he'll sink to the bottom and we will never see him again. 

I was going to let him take the lead out of his pocket this time.

Badlands, they probably frown on fishing with dynamite too.

On 4/3/2017 at 11:32 AM, Tn Tombstone said:

We can always chunk Waimea in the Catfish pond if he starts to go bad on us.

P1040371.JPG

Waimea

Badlands, you sound like an attorney. I never met an attorney I didn't want to shoot.:lol:

Mongo thanks for the shameless plug for OUTLAW BULLETS.:)

Dang, put a black cowboy hat on him and he looks just like you.

4 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

Dang, put a black cowboy hat on him and he looks just like you.

I just knew you'd see the resemblance.:lol:

Waimea

Badlands, you sound like an attorney. I never met an attorney I didn't want to shoot.:lol:

No! No attorney here.  My mama raised me with morals.  I did spend 35 years in Law Enforcement twisting lawyers up in knots though.

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

No! No attorney here.  My mama raised me with morals.  I did spend 35 years in Law Enforcement twisting lawyers up in knots though.

Dang....didn't know I was in the presence of an attorney....guess I'll have to show you more respect :lol::D

Kajun

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Ok good nuf.

LEO is good.

I just have to avoid contact as it will ruin my Outlaw reputation. Plus you might be tempted to run me in just on principle.:lol:

Waimea

I already checked my wanted posters fer ya when you came to visit us at Cherokee several months ago.  I didn't find anything outstanding except an old chicken theft charge.  I figured them chickens would have been eaten by now anyways.  Your Outlaw reputation is intact.

15 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I already checked my wanted posters fer ya when you came to visit us at Cherokee several months ago.  I didn't find anything outstanding except an old chicken theft charge.  I figured them chickens would have been eaten by now anyways.  Your Outlaw reputation is intact.

Bob ya shoulda checked Texas wanted posters,i thank he's got a SHEEP rustling charge out thar some where abouts.:D:lol:

Archived