* Cut a new 32-20 chamber

Results with no modifications ...

* Rounds feed into the magazine

* Rounds individually release from the tube

* Lifter feeds the reloads into the chamber with no hiccups

* Reloads ignite - pin centers on the primer

* Extractor grabs the rims and ejects them flawlessly

I'm a Happy Camper! :)

Well Thats going to voide your warranty Lol :-)

But did you use a pre-safety model?

No - current production with the safety

Rooster - Yep,Warranty Voided! The barrel is now stamped 32-20 WCF. Barrel goes in the bluing tank next week when the weather cools down

I used the 1:16 twist liner vrs 1:18 because the reload Stability Factor calculated at 3.15 @ 990fps

I've been shooting the 32-20 for a year now. I started shooting it as just something different. But when it's time to go to a match, I find myself grabbing the old Marlin 1894 SRC and putting it in the case.

Marlin%201894%2032_20_zpsymjccu6a.jpg

The bore is dark and rifling rounded. I've thought about having it relined but it shoots good enough to hit if I do my part.

The 32-20 is a great little cartridge for short action lever rifles. Maybe not as cheap to shoot as 38 but it feeds well and shoots black powder like it designed.

John Boy, Great choice. The 32-20 has always been my favoriIte cartridge for SASS. I started with a Winchester 92 short rifle in 32-20 that feeds like pouring sand through a funnel! Even though it's slower than my 73, it's still my favorite rifle.

I love the 32-20 in both pistols and rifle. I can't understand why everyone isn't using it!

I have had and sold a Win 1892 SRC (1906) and a Colt Bisley (1902).

I still have my Win 1873 rifle (1891). It is my go-to small bore rifle and sees a cowboy stage occasionally. I have owned three other original 1873s, but feel that the amount of metal left around the .32 chamber and the light powder loads are a safer situation than the larger bore .38-40 and .44-40.

Great cartridge.

And a great sounding project.

Let me also say that .32-20 is a great little caliber. I have a vintage Winchester 73 in the caliber, and in spite of a less than perfect bore, it is still incredibly accurate. For pistols I have a 1st Gen Colt that started life as a .44-40 that someone rebarreled for the smaller cartridge and a 3rd Gen Colt. I take this battery out once or twice a year, and will probably do so at my next match. I also recently obtained an old Winchester 92 in the caliber that I am eager to try.

For an oddity, I've got a S&W Model 10 as well.

Great little caliber that has a lot of gun usages.

When I showed off my old Marlin 1894 32-20 to some of the guys at the range, the first comment was, "You need to reline it to 38 Special. ". No. Not only no but Hell No!

20160320_112040_zpsnwmuiuuu.jpg

I have the curious 94 (not 1894) Marlin rifle in also in 32-20 in reserve if I wear out the saddle ring carbine.

Back in the early 90's when I started CAS I used this original Win 24" octagon 92 in 32 WCF

DSCN0663_zpsaz6chwch.jpg

It now is used for the NRA Leveraction Silhouette game.

As most know the 24" octagon can be a bit front heavy so I looked around for a 20" carbine. Well, decent 32WCF carbine can be hard to find.

So, I took this 38/357m Rossi and relined it to 32 WCF. Unlike John Boys, it worked OK if you run it slow. But, at speed it threw out live rounds. There was just too much slack in the action so metal had to be added in places to tighten thing up. It now runs good.

DSCN0437-1.jpg

DSCN0295_zpsn9krby93.jpg

Archived