SASS Wire Forum

A Dark Day On The Santa Fe 2017 SE Territorial BP Championship

Confederate Colt

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, guys.

I had some leftovers from prior years. Then I found a box Larry Earp gave me after he declared last year he would never put him or his guns through that again. LOL. That put me over the top.

So I am good.

Now I have to make some smokeless for the Ides.

Waimea

You are shooting rounds that Earp gave you???? Is it really that easy, just give you bad rounds and its over???

Well, it was a long trip, lots of traffic, construction, and the usual cast of Yahoo's on the highway, but I pulled in to the Tampa airport at 10:30pm to pickup my wife who landed there at 9:00pm.  Then on to Dunedin, a little unpacking and bed.  Got a few chores to tackle before we head up to Fort White around noon.

Sure glad I got out of Maryland when I did.  Just saw the weather forecast and they are expecting about a foot of snow on Monday night into Tuesday!  It was 70 degrees there last week.  Like we say, "Maryland, if you love/hate the weather, just wait a minute."

See everyone tomorrow!

12 hours ago, Tn Tombstone said:

You are shooting rounds that Earp gave you???? Is it really that easy, just give you bad rounds and its over???

I got those rounds from Amarillo Rattler so if Waimea can't shoot them don't blame me.  I swore off that smokey stuff.

Just wanted to drop in and say "What An Awesome Match"!  Confederate Colt, Cheatin' Chamberlain, and their crew sure know how to throw a match.  Good stages, interesting scenarios, good food, and good times all around.  Great too see some of my Florida Pards again, make a few new ones, and looking forward to the Ides next week.

All I can say is "I'm Tired"!

On 3/10/2017 at 9:16 PM, Larry Earp SASS#60034 said:

I got those rounds from Amarillo Rattler so if Waimea can't shoot them don't blame me.  I swore off that smokey stuff.

Seemed to have worked pretty well.

Thank you Confederate Colt, Cheatin' Chamberlain etc all for the great match.

Waimea

From all of us at Dark Days. We would like to thank everyone for coming and making this the LARGEST BP match in SASS. I saw shooters that have never shot BP before with big smiles on their faces.:D We had all ages shooting with us from 10 years old to 79 years young. The match was a HUGE success! Once again Thank you so much.

PS: If you were not able to shoot with us this year make sure you keep your eye on the wire for 2018 Dark Days entry form and dates.

Cheatin'

Hospitality is a great thing at any SASS match.

Colt, Chamberlain and Crew do it best!!

Thanks for a great match!!!

Amarillo Rattler

Finally got around to posting. Thanks for the hospitality to us Yankees. Had an outstanding time despite stupid mistakes on two stages. Posse 3 was the best. Thanks Colt, Cheatin' and the entire crew for a great time. The only negative thing about the shoot was that I didn't have time to meet and shake hands with every one there. We'll be back.

Thank you to everyone who came to A Dark Day, and to all our great help. It is because of you Dark Day continues to be the sussess that it is.

Cheatin' and I are already hard a work planning the 2018 Dark Day... Quigley Down Under. 

We'll keep you posted with breaking news.

Archived