SASS Wire Forum

A Dark Day On The Santa Fe 2017 SE Territorial BP Championship

Confederate Colt

I received an email from Confederate Colt. That we have 115 shooters signed up for Dark Days. That means only 15 spots left! :o Don't miss out on one of the BEST black powder matches in SASS. With that many BP shooters they will see our smoke from Disney World!!! :lol: So if you have been thinking about shooting with us, don't wait any longer. Come on over to the DARK SIDE!!! B)

Cheatin'

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tommy and I are really looking forward to being with you all for this match!

Hugs, Scarlett

We sure are looking forward to having ya'll shoot with us Scarlett! :) We are having a work day this weekend at the range. Making sure that the fire extinguishers ready for all that FIRE & SMOKE!!! :D

Cheatin'

I am sure looking forward to getting back down to Florida. Was hoping to make our January run down for a week, even without the Siege, but got stuck at work when a software migration went south instead. Sixteen 14 hour days later, I get to poke my head up from the monitors. One of these days, I'm gonna host a "Computer Shootoff"!

computers-it-upgrade-upgrading-it_traini

I am sure looking forward to getting back down to Florida. Was hoping to make our January run down for a week, even without the Siege, but got stuck at work when a software migration went south instead. Sixteen 14 hour days later, I get to poke my head up from the monitors. One of these days, I'm gonna host a "Computer Shootoff"!

computers-it-upgrade-upgrading-it_traini

Didn't know you were in the IT trenches.

Broke outta that prison a bit ago.

We must talk.

Waimea (Former Assembler Programmer turned Outlaw). Can you blame me?

We had a very good work day at the range in Fort White. They have made some very nice changes at the range. All the stages are able to work with the changes that have been made. We did some dry runs with the props and everything looks GREAT!!!! Confederate Colt and I are really looking forward to having all our cowboy & cowgirl friends over to shoot this match. ;)

Cheatin'

I got to looking at some number this morning......

In 2016 EOT had 80 black powder shooters and Winter Range had 89.

As of this morning A Dark Day On The Santa Fe has 98 registered black powder shooters and 117 shooters overall, with more apps in the mail.

In the word of Awesome Cactus Jack "Smokem' if you Gotem' "!

Page 4! How in the heck did this get to Page 4? Looks like everybody got busy after the first of the year, myself included.

As I was unloading my truck from an event this weekend (Charity Auction for my home club) I was staring down at the box of 12ga AA hulls I won and realized that I only have 40 Days left before the match and I Have No Ammo! Holy Excrement, Batman! Looks like I better get my but in gear, or I'm gonna need one of these!

markx_b.jpg

Dogmeat Dad it will be here before you know it! :D I had to get some help reloading for this match. I over extended myself loading for a lot of my pards that are shooting this one. A lot of them do not shoot BP. But really wanted to shoot this match. So I offered to help out. So my BP brothers helped me out!! We are up to 121 shooters the last time I checked. NASA will see our FIRE & SMOKE for the space station. :lol::lol:

Dogmeat Dad how much is that reloader? Can it handle BP? Sure does look nice!! Colt & I are really looking forward to seeing everyone in March.

Cheatin'

What is it they say about buying a diamond engagement ring? Oh yeah, i remember,

"Three Months Salary, it's not that much too spend on a lifetime (of reloading!)" :P

But actually, I think the loader is more! :o Never fear, I will get it done in time for the match. It's tax season and there is nothing like doing taxes that makes me want to make Ammo!

Dogmeat

The official count is in......as of this morning we are up to 125 registered shooters.

102 of them are shooting the holy black......

Rumor is that makes A Dark Day the LARGEST black powder match in SASS! :FlagAm::D

There are still a few spots left, get your application in quick. Will you be able to say you shot at the largest SASS black powder match??

Colt...that is a HUGE black powder match. Most places are lucky if they can pull 25 or 30. You guys sure are lucky to live in an area with such a big BP contingent. Good luck. See ya soon.

Four Bucks

The official count is in......as of this morning we are up to 125 registered shooters.

102 of them are shooting the holy black......

Rumor is that makes A Dark Day the LARGEST black powder match in SASS! :FlagAm::D

There are still a few spots left, get your application in quick. Will you be able to say you shot at the largest SASS black powder match??

I have been shooting cowboy for about 9 years now. The majority of that being BP and I have never shot in a match with this many BP shooters. This is just AWESOME!!!

Cheatin'

Been Cowboy shooting for 15 years and been doing BP for the last 9-10 years. Wouldn't have it any other way! All I know is that with over 100 BP shooters,

Somebody better warn the Fort White Fire Company!

flames-and-smoke-from-the-start-of-a-for

WOW what a great shoot this must be..it's on my radar & hopefully one day it will come about..depends on that terrible word ..Finances''..just for your interest in Australia we only have 2 that I know of BP only matches, the Australian championship is the biggest & regularly has over 80 with the best over 100 , not sure of the exact count , this year will be the 20th Anniversary, would have been last year but unfortunately was cancelled.

Have fun & wish we were there !

I'm thinking our organisers will be going to their record books to check their yearly attendances !!!!

Been Cowboy shooting for 15 years and been doing BP for the last 9-10 years. Wouldn't have it any other way! All I know is that with over 100 BP shooters,

Somebody better warn the Fort White Fire Company!

flames-and-smoke-from-the-start-of-a-for

I am sure that Confederate Colt as the local fire department on alert for that weekend. :D From looking at that picture I believe that is Hollifer A. Dollar on the shooting line shooting Sultan of Smoke category!! :lol::lol: :lol:

Cheatin'

WOW what a great shoot this must be..it's on my radar & hopefully one day it will come about..depends on that terrible word ..Finances''..just for your interest in Australia we only have 2 that I know of BP only matches, the Australian championship is the biggest & regularly has over 80 with the best over 100 , not sure of the exact count , this year will be the 20th Anniversary, would have been last year but unfortunately was cancelled.

Have fun & wish we were there !

I'm thinking our organisers will be going to their record books to check their yearly attendances !!!!

Painted Mohawk: We would sure love to have you come across the BIG pond and shoot with us. If you are able to make it over here pard. Just get with me and I will provide shooting Irons and ammo. ;)

Cheatin'

I am sure that Confederate Colt as the local fire department on alert for that weekend. :D From looking at that picture I believe that is Hollifer A. Dollar on the shooting line shooting Sultan of Smoke category!! :lol::lol: :lol:

Cheatin'

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Holler

I haven't heard much from the Cracker Crew. I really enjoy shooting with them. Where are they all at? :rolleyes:

Cheatin'

I heard a rumor that there will be just too much smoke for them to handle this year.... :ph34r:

I heard a rumor that there will be just too much smoke for them to handle this year.... :ph34r:

They're probably still recovering from last year. The I think the pistol loads Santa Fe River Stan was shoot'in were loosening his fillings and the shotgun loads Delta Glen had sounded like artillery! Man, was that an AWESOME Posse!

Dogmeat Dad: The King of Kaboom is one of the more popular categories at the match. Sometimes I think its about who is the loudest not the fastest! :D The same with Sultan of Smoke! These are so fun to shoot. I have been eyeballing a 10 gauge double barrel just for this category. :rolleyes:

Cheatin'

Dogmeat Dad: The King of Kaboom is one of the more popular categories at the match. Sometimes I think its about who is the loudest not the fastest! :D The same with Sultan of Smoke! These are so fun to shoot. I have been eyeballing a 10 gauge double barrel just for this category. :rolleyes:

Cheatin'

I've got an old Parker 10ga Hammered double that I need to get checked out before I shoot it. That and my set of Ruger 38-40's and '73 in the same caliber and I would be good to go. Just need to get caught up on some life issues before I get to spend the time on those. I Love Makin' Smoke! Probably one of the best times was at the old Last Stand in Kissimmee/Orlando in the Mission building. I seem to recall that we fired the rifle through the door way and then proceeded into the building to fire the rest. Early morning, cool but humid, perfect conditions. I swear, by the time I was done, the building looked like it was on fire. There was smoke rolling out the windows, the TO was hacking, the spotters had just given up, and It Was Awesome!

I've got an old Parker 10ga Hammered double that I need to get checked out before I shoot it. That and my set of Ruger 38-40's and '73 in the same caliber and I would be good to go. Just need to get caught up on some life issues before I get to spend the time on those. I Love Makin' Smoke! Probably one of the best times was at the old Last Stand in Kissimmee/Orlando in the Mission building. I seem to recall that we fired the rifle through the door way and then proceeded into the building to fire the rest. Early morning, cool but humid, perfect conditions. I swear, by the time I was done, the building looked like it was on fire. There was smoke rolling out the windows, the TO was hacking, the spotters had just given up, and It Was Awesome!

Finest compliments from TOs I've heard at end of stage:

"I can't take this anymore" on 45 Colt revolvers;

"Too damned loud" on 38 SP rifle.

Just sayin'

Amarillo Rattler

We are less than a month away from the largest BP match in SASS. Be part of SASS history for 2017. You can tell all your cowboy and cowgirl friends. Yes I shot The Dark Days on the Santa Fe!! :D:D

Cheatin'

Last night I finished up loading for 6 cowboys & cowgirls for Dark Days. That's a lot of BP. :D Now I am ready for some shootin. After my car accident in September I had to cut down on my shooting a lot. I am still having some discomfort in my hand but it gets better little bit by little every day. So now I am counting the days down to Dark Days!! ;)

Cheatin'

Happy Valentine’s Day from A Dark Day On The Santa Fe!!

We are just 25 days away from the LARGETS S.A.S.S black powder match in the nation. We are currently up to 130 shooters, with 106 of them are shoot shooting the holy black. Haven’t signed up for A Dark Day yet?? Well, we have some good news for you!! We have opened up 10 more spots…..BUT……once there gone…….there gone. We will start a waiting list once the 10 spots are filled. Please let me know if you’re coming and get your application in ASAP! Registration officially closes March 3rd. Match application can be found here. Will you be able to say you shot A Dark Day??

Sent you an email and app will go in the mail today. Why oh why do I let myself get talked into this kind of foolishness?

Sent you an email and app will go in the mail today. Why oh why do I let myself get talked into this kind of foolishness?

Already emailed you back....look forward to seeing you!!

Sending my app in asap,,,, King of Kaboom GF!!!

Archived