SASS Wire Forum

Think I'll mosey on back to the range and prospect around where I was parked, Just in case.

Danged inconvenient if I can't find them.

I think the only ones I'm going to have trouble about is the keys to the Church doors etc. All restricted locksmith type keys. 

Now get off the lawn!

CLK look in your guncart. Or where Jersey Bratt usually finds hers. Where she sat down last.

DO NOT WALK ON THE LAWN IN SEARCH OF SAID LOST KEYS

Imis

Keys ,,,,,, We don't need No stinkin Keys , we got's Guns ... :lol:

Hope ya Find them ....

Coffee fer da Grumps and Apple crumble ....

Jabez Cowboy

Back to the range and the place I parked the motor home and FOUND THEM!

Apparently they dropped out of the jacket I was wearing while I was setting up and leveling the unit.

Whew! What a relief!

Now, GET OFF THE LAWN!

Do like I just did: Get your kid(s) to do it.

Then they can tell YOU:

GET OFF THE LAWN!

Thread saved from the ignominy of page 2

Edited by Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474

Here in Southwest Missouri if you get on my lawn the dust will choke you to death.  Just spent 3 grand on a new mower and the grass died.

Hey Noz. Im from KCMO. Now in TN. Mowed yesterday in search of todays rain. Grumps AWAKE it is time to retake the worl....nah, forget it. aint worth the trouble. too early for a HUMBUG?

Imis

Jacket?!  No such thing worn in this part (Bayou City, TX) of the world at this time of year.  Coffee this morning, as at every morning.  Grumpy, says my wife of me, on  daily basis.

July 4th week, my wife and I will be visiting her mother in a rural town in mid-Ohio, west of Columbus.  I really love it there.  One thing I noticed is there are no fences separating the suburban properties.  In Texas, it's pretty standard to build fences.  No fencing in Michigan either based on my observations.

30 minutes ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Dang Kangaroos keep knockin '  da fences down or get stuck in 'em & die a slow death.

That keeps 'em from eatin the lawn  !!!!!

I ain’t never saw no kangaroo in Ohio nor Michigan!

9 hours ago, South-Eye Ned said:

I ain’t never saw no kangaroo in Ohio nor Michigan!

Don't worry they are good swimmers too, they will get there eventually..or maybe escape from a Zoo  iffin' the fences ain't high enough !!

3 hours ago, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Don't worry they are good swimmers too, they will get there eventually..or maybe escape from a Zoo  iffin' the fences ain't high enough !!

Swimmin' is not how the 'roos will have to get to Ohio.  There's no canal what run that far. No decent train service, neither, unless roos are like hobos and hop freights.

South-Eye Ned ;

Is it true that you be Grumpy ???

Them Roo's is in the Land a way down under , a might south of Canada ....

Jabez Cowboy

Did you lube the engine?!

Gad-zooks! The grass is too wet to mow with one of those things. You’d have to keep pulling the gummed grass/sod outta the blades and wheels. I’m making another pot of coffee 

Edited by South-Eye Ned

On 6/19/2018 at 2:27 PM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Back to the range and the place I parked the motor home and FOUND THEM!

Apparently they dropped out of the jacket I was wearing while I was setting up and leveling the unit.

Whew! What a relief!

Now, GET OFF THE LAWN!

Last time I lost my keys I didn't find them for three ot four days, then..... they were in the freezer next to the ice cream.  I have no recollectiin of how they got there, but I'm pretty certain they won't spoil.  My car lock gizmo didn't seem in any way affected, so I'm okay.

Hey Forty

I think you sleep walk..next time mow the lawn at night..that will make the neighbours grumpy !!

Good ta see Ole Forty is still right side of da Grass ...

Don't run him over ,,, if'n he's a sleeping on yer Lawn ...  Hard on da mower ....

Headed off to "Palmer Gulch" shoot tomorrow ...

Jabez Cowboy

I've been trying to stain the deck now for almost two years.

Directions on the can tell me to make sure the wood is dry, but the ()*&^%$%#$#@!@! rain won't lay off long enough for the wood to dry before it gets too hot around here to work outside. (For most of us Canadians - That's anything over 80. After that we just drink beer)

Anyway, I covered the deck with a tarp and it's only coming off when it ain't gonna rain. I'll dry that thing one way or another.

Now get off the soggy lawn!

(Only 1207 post to go before the thread goes POOF)

Fog, fog, & more fog..moisture keepin' the grass green but ain't gunna mow yet !

Head off to the shed an' do some loadin'..yep that sounds more fun, no grumps here cos' I'm above ground & movin' so that's a bonus.

Got da LOW-WALL in .38-40 to hitting da plate at 286 yards at Palmers ,, everyone enjoyed shooting it and ringing Steel with-out recoil to speak of ....

Great gun fer teaching Grand-kids and Ladies ta shoot ,,, and just plain fun to shoot ...

Survived da Rain ,,,,, Had a great bunch in our Wagon Circle , shared food , stories , Shelter , coffee and other beverages and Laughter....

Made more Smoke than anyone else ,,,, Had Fun !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Cudda' been a grump if I turned up to a Plainsman state shoot this comin' w-end..cos' it's the next w-end,,wooda been there by myself !!!!

Oh well flipside is I'll still shoot this w-end ..go & bust some clays !

Alls good, lawns mowed & dogs are happy...go put yourself a log on the fire..perhaps not it's summer in your neck of the woods.............

Folks around here would sell their souls for rain.  Drier than a popcorn fart, fire warnings out (no open fires, no smoking, no shooting, no trespassing, etc.), and rationing on the way..

No fireworks this year.  Gonna be a quiet 4th.

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Folks around here would sell their souls for rain.  Drier than a popcorn fart, fire warnings out (no open fires, no smoking, no shooting, no trespassing, etc.), and rationing on the way..

No fireworks this year.  Gonna be a quiet 4th.

Forty..You've changed my image of popcorn !!

Micro-wave or Air Popped ???

Our Shoot starts Friday at 3 PM. With side matches , then a swap meet and pot-luck supper... 6 stages Sat. & Sunday...

Showdown in the Hills

Just 7 1/2 miles from my place ...

Then a practice mini match Monday evening for those that want to stay and shoot ....

Coffee is Hot and Fresh ...

Grump On !!!

Jabez Cowboy

4 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Micro-wave or Air Popped ???

Our Shoot starts Friday at 3 PM. With side matches , then a swap meet and pot-luck supper... 6 stages Sat. & Sunday...

Showdown in the Hills

Just 7 1/2 miles from my place ...

Then a practice mini match Monday evening for those that want to stay and shoot ....

Coffee is Hot and Fresh ...

Grump On !!!

Jabez Cowboy

That close to home...I'm seeing ' you run to the Club while pushing your gun cart..hang on I just woke up..musta been a dream !!

Must have been ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I can't run very far or fast any more ...

Have a cup of Joe ,,,, That will clear any remaining Cobwebs from your brain ...

Jabez Cowboy

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:15 AM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Got da LOW-WALL in .38-40 to hitting da plate at 286 yards at Palmers ,, everyone enjoyed shooting it and ringing Steel with-out recoil to speak of ....

Great gun fer teaching Grand-kids and Ladies ta shoot ,,, and just plain fun to shoot ...

Survived da Rain ,,,,, Had a great bunch in our Wagon Circle , shared food , stories , Shelter , coffee and other beverages and Laughter....

Made more Smoke than anyone else ,,,, Had Fun !!!

Jabez Cowboy

OK, I'm jealous.

Can 'it Nutin' and Stranger had a Buffalo Rifle match in Kingston, a couple of hours drive south of here and I couldn't go.

SWMBO is feeling bad about it, but I don't feel right about leaving her alone overnight, after the recent falls she's had. Messed up her arm, side and back.

I had the Sharps, Rolling Block and the Hiwal (.45-70's) tuned up for the longer ranges promised. 

Oh well, maybe next year.

1874 Sharps in .45-70 with Vernier Sight 011.JPG

1885 Hiwall in .45-70 with Lyman sight 015.JPG

Rolling Block in .45-70 with Vernier Sight 009.JPG

• Like 1

If I want to shoot Real long Range I take out my Highwall in .40-65 ,,,, I also have two .38-55s and a .45-70

The .40-65 shoots Flatter drifts less and Kicks less than a .45-70 in the same weight gun ...

The .38-55 kicks the least , but lacks the range and hitting power ....

We were shooting a .38-55 in a highwall  with 249 gr. bullets at 600 yards the bullet needed 22 feet of elevation to reach the gong..

My highwall in .40-65 with my load using a 385 gr. bullet needed only 6.5 feet of elevation to hit the same target...

Both guns are finely accurate and can ring the steel, but the .40-65 makes it more sure when the wind blows....

Jabez Cowboy

Targets at extended distances just make me even more grumpy. Why cant they come closer so I can hit them better? Jabez, i think having to hold 22 feet high would have to come under the category of howitzer or even mortar!

Get off the rapidly growing lawn

Imis  gonna shoot this weekend in the heat. i will wear my umbrella.