SASS Wire Forum

Reading the New Paper Chronicle

Boy, I am sure glad everyone is reading the Chronicle once again. I was surprised at the number of people at our club monthly today that commented on the one-piece firing pin article and had lots of questions. We had about 115 shooters today. Many wanted to see what the thing looked like. Unfortunately they were disappointed because I was shooting BP with a Lightning today. :)

I've got a couple of more articles I'm working on that I hope make it into the April paper edition. It is great that people are actually reading the Chronicle once again.

your articles in ALL the chronicles are done with impeccable taste and flair

VERY informative , I treasure reading them and saving them for future reference

I agree with Okiepan.

Your club had 115 shooters at a monthly? Golly Wally Gee Beave! I'd love to see that at a monthly around here. Heck, I'd love to see 25 people at a monthly around here.

Besides the existing cowboy shooters around my state, I don't think there are 115 people in Kansas who even know what CAS is!

I agree with Okiepan.

Your club had 115 shooters at a monthly? Golly Wally Gee Beave! I'd love to see that at a monthly around here. Heck, I'd love to see 25 people at a monthly around here.

Besides the existing cowboy shooters around my state, I don't think there are 115 people in Kansas who even know what CAS is!

We like to shoot in Arizona. ;)

Amen!

Sure hope you keep writing those articles for the Chronicle, Pettifogger. I used to cut them out of the Chronicle and today have them on file in three ring binders(I'm Old School). You helped solve quite a few dilemmas for me(especially the cap & ball information)and I'm sure a host of others. Sounds like everyone is pleased to see the return of the paper edition, even in limited form.

Boy, I am sure glad everyone is reading the Chronicle once again. I was surprised at the number of people at our club monthly today that commented on the one-piece firing pin article and had lots of questions. We had about 115 shooters today. Many wanted to see what the thing looked like. Unfortunately they were disappointed because I was shooting BP with a Lightning today. :)

I've got a couple of more articles I'm working on that I hope make it into the April paper edition. It is great that people are actually reading the Chronicle once again.

How did the Lightning do?

How did the Lightning do?

It seemed to be OK today. I shot it at Cowtown last week and had two malfunctions. BOTH were caused by the ammo. I was shooting up stuff left in my junk box. If I shoot this thing at Winter Range I'll use new .44-40 brass.

It seemed to be OK today. I shot it at Cowtown last week and had two malfunctions. BOTH were caused by the ammo. I was shooting up stuff left in my junk box. If I shoot this thing at Winter Range I'll use new .44-40 brass.

That's a nice rifle.

Great Article and yes it sure is great to read the Chronical once again!!!!!

The 1/4ly issue is great. Having something to give a prospective new shooter or to leave where it will be read is great.

Speaking of leaving a copy where it could be read, I think I'll contact the SASS office about getting some extras to pass around.

(Nobody's getting mine! It was too good a read. Larson's article was perfectly timed for me.)

Larsen, just wanted to say thanks for another great article! Very informative and I'll be using that as I have with all of your very informative articles both in writings and here on the net. I've been following them since the open top tuning ones you wrote a while back. I've referenced those many times with my own open tops.

Thanks again and keep 'em coming!

Print it and they shall read! I absolutely loved my issue!

Archived