SASS Wire Forum

Bluetooth... teeth... whatever...

Anyone have any recommendations on a LOUD (preferably adjustable) bluetooth hands-free (cellphone) device...? :huh:

Zipping along in the Miata (top up or down!), my old Plantronics M90 just doesn't do it. :mellow:

I have one of the Blue Parrot B250 series of headsets. Not very stylish but it covers my ear and helps attenuate noise and is plenty loud. The boom mike has a foam cover that really helps with the wind noise. You can buy them at Pilot Truck Stops.

HC

I may be a bit gruff , on this subject , due to the fact , I have been hit twice , by folks on cell phones

last one took me out bad enough , I ain't recovered yet

YES , I have one , hands free , BUT , IF I get a call , I pull off the road to take it , as soon as it is safe to do so

CB

Of course you could spend $6k on Oticon hearing aids and the extra $287.00 for the Bluetooth adapter that you wear around your neck that lets you hear your phone through your hearing aids and then never use it because it's to distracting. Mrs. Lose can't figure out why I never answer my phone.

Well folks, I didn't mean to offend nor raise anyone's ire... it was a simple request for recommendations for a quality Bluetooth, not a request for moral interpretation of my intent in using one.

And for what it's worth, I have never rear-ended anyone, while using a Bluetooth, nor while not using a Bluetooth.

On the other hand, I HAVE been seriously rear-ended, twice, sideswiped once, and "T-Boned" once by people not using cellphones.

Eating a cheeseburger while driving is probably more of a distraction than responsibly using a Bluetooth. I see people doing that all the time. Heck... having your mother-in-law in the passenger seat is undoubtedly more of a distraction. I submit that anyone who rear-ends someone while having a Bluetooth stuffed in his/her ear is probably a lousy driver to begin with... or at the very least irresponsible. And anyone who does not care to use one is more than welcome to not.

So... returning to my original request, does anyone else have any recommendations on a decent model? :)

I use the Motorola Moto Hint. It's plenty loud for me but I've never tried to use it in a convertible with the top down.

I think any hands free device would give problems with wind noise for the person at the other end.

GS

I'm with Chickasaw on this one. I got put on the shoulder of a 3 lane expressway by a chick with an I-Phone that had no clue I, or anyone else, was anywhere around.

Sorry that happened to ya, Noz.

It wasn't me.

And if said chick had been using her Bluetooth it likely wouldn't have happened.

I merely asked for recommendations.

So please, if you want to bitch about people driving unsafely start another thread... this is like listening to gun control arguments.

Early in the Bluetooth era, one day I was standing at a urinal in a public restroom when the guy standing to my left suddenly started yelling at the wall. Scared the p**s outa me. They've been around a long time now, and I'm still not used to people walking around talking to the air.

Early in the Bluetooth era, one day I was standing at a urinal in a public restroom when the guy standing to my left suddenly started yelling at the wall. Scared the p**s outa me. They've been around a long time now, and I'm still not used to people walking around talking to the air.

:lol::lol::P:D

Now THAT, New, is FUNNY~!!! ^_^

I work in a very large facility. I frequently see people walking around alone, wildly gesturing. I think to my self, another escapee from the ranks of management............. :ph34r:

You want a Blue Tiger Dual Elite. Professional grade, can cover both ears. I've tried lots of them, this is the best. I have trouble understanding conversation on phones. And I run my business from a cell phone. I'm around equipment and lots of hours in trucks that are older and make noise, both engine and wind. This is the best unit I've used by far. bluetigerusa.com. No Horse Hair

You want a Blue Tiger Dual Elite. Professional grade, can cover both ears. I've tried lots of them, this is the best. I have trouble understanding conversation on phones. And I run my business from a cell phone. I'm around equipment and lots of hours in trucks that are older and make noise, both engine and wind. This is the best unit I've used by far. bluetigerusa.com. No Horse Hair

Pricey but it looks like just the thing for noisy environments.

Archived