SASS Wire Forum

Hee, hee, hee - a bit of irony

The Boston Globe is the "newspaper of record" around here, with decent coverage of international and local news, but a decided slant toward the Left, especially in all matters related to the current administration. I subscribe to it, but often spit while reading it.

This is particularly true with regard to gun issues; editorials and opinion pieces appear with regularity, waving the flag of gun fear and ignorance.

That's why I am giggling like a teenage girl today. The Globe, in its righteous effort to show that it "supports" all things charitable, has decided to give every subscriber a $60 chit, which the subscriber can then donate to the 501©(3) charity of their choice, to be used to purchase Globe advertising space. Basically, the paper is giving away free advertising to charities, for which I am sure it takes a healthy deduction; we get a chance to decide where the donation goes.

Most folks designate local hospitals, or humane societies or the Audubon folks. It was with a sense of satisfaction that I completed my donation form today, naming The NRA Foundation as the charity of my choice. Hopefully, a few more folks will as well, and a public service ad regarding the protection of the 2nd Amendment will appear on the pages of one of the most anti-gun newspapers in the country, at the paper's expense.

Sorry; I just love it.

LL

It wouldn't surprise me if they don't give a free advertisement to the OTHER NRA.....National Restaurant Association.

YES, it does exist.....or atleast has existed during our time.

..........Widder

Most folks designate local hospitals, or humane societies or the Audubon folks. It was with a sense of satisfaction that I completed my donation form today, naming The NRA Foundation as the charity of my choice. Hopefully, a few more folks will as well, and a public service ad regarding the protection of the 2nd Amendment will appear on the pages of one of the most anti-gun newspapers in the country, at the paper's expense.

Sorry; I just love it.

LL

I think that's fine.

I have no problem with people of different or even opposing ideas struggling together to reach direction or decision. In fact, I think it is the BEST way to reach them, in most cases.

---it takes both the right and left sides of the brain, working together, to reach the best decisions...

---in Judaism, we know "Israel" in Hebrew means to Struggle with God. As Jews, we struggle together to find solutions; we struggle with different of our factions, different groups to find a medium; the religious of us struggle with God to understand what is meant, what is best to do...

Doesn't always find the best path, but usually, I think. Overall.

So some are opposed to 2nd Amdmt.; we're in favor... It's all part of the system, to me. :)

Aunt Jen,

Those who are opposed to the 2nd Amendment are using the 1st Amendment to deprive some of us of our 2nd Amendment.

Our Constitution and Bill of Rights wasn't intended to allow one part of 'the system' to suppress another part.

Atleast thats what I was taught.

..........Widder

Archived