SASS Wire Forum

Former New York Gov. Mario Cuomo Dead At 82

Subdeacon Joe

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2015/01/01/374456157/reports-former-new-york-gov-mario-cuomo-dead-at-82

Mario Cuomo, who served as governor of New York from 1983 to 1994 and passed on running for president in 1988 and 1992 despite intense pressure from the Democratic Party, died today at the age of 82, his son CNN host Chris Cuomo confirmed to the network.

Earlier in the day Mario Cuomo had missed the inauguration of his son Andrew Cuomo for his own second term as New York governor; in his speech, the younger Cuomo cited his father's health issues as the cause of his absence:

Won't miss him. Sorry for his folks though.

Well... Bye.

Any more, I dare not say... Ms. Mo being ever watchful. ;)

I will, however, note Gov Cuomo's long life - and the general observation that the good die young.

I won't mince any words. I'm glad he's gone.

Everything I heard about Mario Cuomo, he was a nice man, likeable, personable.

As to being a governor: indescicive, ultra liberal, the media's darling for their liberal utopia.

My thoughts and prayers to his family for their loss as it is sad to lose a loved one.

Politically I won't miss him.

On a related note, I find it interesting that Republican governors apparently live forever, since we never hear the media report on them dying.

You could listen to the man give a speech for an hour and walk away and ask what did he say. A master at double talk.

You could listen to the man give a speech for an hour and walk away and ask what did he say. A master at double talk.

To give him his due, you can say the same thing about 75% (or more) of the capons out there.

Archived