SASS Wire Forum

WTB: DAMAGED 45lc brass

Looking for your damaged brass. Split necks, crumpled, bulged, cracksed, tarnished, corroded - whatever. As long as the base is in good shape, rims are sound. Spent primer in place or not, doesn't matter. I'm taking them out.

For clarification I will NOT be trying to load this brass in any way shape or form.

So dig out your old junk brass! and let me put it to good use!

need up to 100 at the moment, will take any you want to send, even if it's just a 5 - 10.

feel free to PM me.

Hey there Hurricane!

While I don't have any right now, I do typically come across one or two working the unloading table. Most times they get chucked in a bucket. After that I'm guessing they go to the dumpster. I'll keep an eye out for them and put them aside for you.

-JD

i will look as well. i usually smash the open end of mine so it cant get mixed back in with the good stuff.

i'll take a look see in my scrap box

Are you gathering this for trophies? If so, how do you cut it? Got a award recently that had the base in the four corners.....kinda cool. The gal that made them said she cut them off with a drimel. Sound like a real pain in the fingers. That's why I ask. ;)

CS

Not trophies, though some lucky pards will end up with them in their possession!

They are lathe cut. I have a jig that allows me to trim the bases quickly. They are then machined smooth and - well, you'll have to wait to see what else I do with them. I don't want to give too much away.

Maybe Hoss can spill the beans eventually - he'll be the first to end up with one of the final products! (although his took a piece of 38 brass)

I have a bunch, mostly 45 Colt but there are a few Cowboy 45 Specials as well. Can't say how many offhand but if you will PM your address, I will send them. All the split cases go into a scrap metal container.

Holler

I'm gonna keep an eye out for you just 35 or 38 also? Do they have to be damaged I don't shoot nickle brass normally but Suomi always find it in to my bag. Years ago I chose nickle as inert practice rounds since you get about five loads before they begin to work hardened. And nickle looks better in belts and last longer.

fired crimped blanks ok?

got maybe a gallon of several calibers all mixed up together

by no means is this stuff clean

3,001st Post :)

I got some .44-40 some damaged, some tarnished real bad and some split. I'll send 'em to ya NC what's yer address??

Rye ;)

Let me know if you need more .45 Colt. I got a box of old cracked stuff I can paw through if it'll help ya.

Archived