SASS Wire Forum

Daddy

Father,provider,mentor,hero,adviser, all words to describe a person, I just like to call him DADDY.

My dad passed away last night at the age of 100. He lived a full and exciting life that can not be told in just a few words. Will be flying back to Indiana this week end for the funeral. Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

So sorry to hear of your loss...prayers up for you and your family.

Lived to be 100 years old....that's outstanding. I hope you had plenty of talks with him to hear his life's adventures, I bet it would be interesting conversation to listen too.

I'm in for prayers for you and your family. One hundred years of living certainly must have left some memories.

CBO

My heartfelt condolences to you and the family.

Add my prayers to those going out!

Thank you all for your kind words. This was a man that was at the birth of the automotive revolution. My grandfather built one of the first horseless carriages in Indiana. My dad and his 3 brothers were all in the automobile business with grandpa. He started a repair shop in little Amboy, Indiana and brought in all the old broken down Ford Model T's,repaired them and sold them. Probably one of the first used car dealers in the area. Back then, people would put their broken cars behind the barn or wherever and get another one. He then moved in to the big city, my hometown of Peru,Indiana where he had a Willy's Dealership and of course all the boys followed him. Eventually the boys split off on there own careers, two going to Chicago, selling new cars, one becoming a mechanic for Buick Motors and my dad started out in the auto parts business. Eventually he opened a NAPA store where my brother and I worked until we got out of school and went on our separate ways in the automotive world. Dad was a person that truly cared for people and was always willing to go the extra mile to help or give advise to anyone who ask him. We were taught how to behave and have respect for all. Through all of this he and mom somehow found a way to raise three children and provide for us and then themselves in retirement. I'm a better person because of him. I miss you daddy.

Paladin, you have my deepest condolences. Mine passed in April, he survived WWII and Korea, old age got him when nothing else could. I still look for him everyday outside the shop. For you that still have survivors hold them tighter each day, you never know when the last will come.

My deepest sympathies, Paladin. Prayers up for your entire family.

Archived