SASS Wire Forum

You gonna pull thet hogleg or whistle,,,,DRIVEL?!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I have an idear for a modified pistol rack that will use less wood and be easier to make, one of these days will get around to playing with it, but no time soon.

Question for you all, got an email from a club with announcements, and one was for a trailer for sale. The info says it was converted from a 5th wheel to a goose neck.

I'm thinking a goose neck puts the hitch point farther forward than a fifth wheel? But I"m not sure, and don't know why you'd want to convert a trailer from fifth to goose.

Easier to back with less chance of jack knifing maybe?

Question for you all, got an email from a club with announcements, and one was for a trailer for sale. The info says it was converted from a 5th wheel to a goose neck.

I'm thinking a goose neck puts the hitch point farther forward than a fifth wheel? But I"m not sure, and don't know why you'd want to convert a trailer from fifth to goose.

Easier to back with less chance of jack knifing maybe?

Most people that put a gooseneck adapter on a 5th wheel camper have other gooseneck trailers. So if they do that they don't need two different hitch systems in their pickup.

Typically a gooseneck hitch sits anywhere between directly over the rear axle, to a few inches forward of it. The adapters for 5th wheel campers position it anywhere from directly over that, to a few inches behind it. Chevy shortbed pickups have less clearance between 5th wheel's and the cab for instance. So the adapter will push the trailer back a few inches. Adapters for 5th wheels to be towed by long bed pickups usually don't have that pushback.

Thanks Tom, I have zero experience with goose necks or fifth wheels, so didn't have a clue. All I've ever towed is bumper pulls, and haven't done that much either.

Most of the chores around our place are accomplished with a flatbed bumper pull. Momma's horse trailer is a gooseneck, and most heavy trailers are a gooseneck. Generally speaking, a gooseneck (or 5th wheel) puts it's weight on the front and rear suspension of the pickup, and the whole truck helps carry the load, keeping your center of gravity in a more comfortable place. Bumper pulls tend to shift the CG way back when they're heavy, which ain't as comfortable towing.

Time to rise and shine. Looks like I might get somethin done today. Last day to do anything before I go back to w**k. Toof doctor tomorrow mornin for checkup and cleaning, then off to our 2 day shoot.

guess whut, our kitchen sink is supposed ta be white....I'd fergotten that......wanna bet tha bathroom sink iz tuu? That's next on tha list....then grocery shoppin' and then a trip ta git tha brakes fixed....

so much fer a day "off"...... :wacko:

Seven more hours and I'm free till Monday. State shoot here i come.

So when's everybody showing up?

I'm so broke I can't even afford to pay attention. Doubt I'll make even any in state annuals the rest of the year. Have one I'm gonna try to make, but don't know how at this point.

sold the camper today, got full price.

;(

Ain't noothing says he has to have a camper to come up here, heck, I've lived here all my life and ain't got no camper.

Had a couple thru the years, but nothing now.

Or maybe something more like this

tropical-pool.jpg

Looks like some of the smaller home pools where I teach swimming.

Baby is Skid Mark? that is adorable. Let me take him in the pool...

Looks like some of the smaller home pools where I teach swimming.

Baby is Skid Mark? that is adorable. Let me take him in the pool...

Well that is what I call him anyway, I think Skid Roper and lady Skid call him something else :D

Had both of my kids in the pool as infants with ISR. Glad we did, though a bit unsettling to watch the first time or two.

Well....baby's real name is Emmett....old west enuff fer me ;)

Vacuum is toast....so is tha mattress pad....guess I shudnta wershed it.....I see a shopping trip coming up this weekend... :wacko:

Archived