SASS Wire Forum

. . for John Wayne fans . . . .

Well.....Some interviews I've seen say Maureen and her HUSBAND were very goood friends..of the Dukes......I think Maureen's husband was a writer for scripts or a producer with Wayne................Duke did more by boosting morale at home making movies ...than cleaning up cigarette butts at the uso in hollywood.......Many actors had very cushy jobs in the service.......Shooting instructors.........flying coaches.........entertainers .......I believe Wayne did alot of help to support the War effort and our service men..........Where did Clinton and Obama serve.....anywhere ?????anytime??????Just a little bit of knowledge passed on .......Tuco.

This is the most complete list that I could find.

Most leave off some of the b-western stars -like Tim Holt.

http://www.wonderfulworldofimages.com/wwii-movie-stars/wwii-movie-stars.html

MADE THE CORRECTION

Note that movie stars in WWII earned more than 300 medals.

This is the most complete list that I could find.

Most leave off some of the b-western stars -like Tim Holt.

http://www.wonderfulworldofimages.com/wwii-movie-stars/wwii-movie-stars.html

MADE THE CORRECTION

Note that movie stars in WWII earned more than 300 medals.

Hows Hollywood's tally as far as Iraq and Afghanistan?

"He had an uncanny ability to guess a woman's dress size on sight"

That's easy. Just be sure to guess 1 to 2 sizes smaller than it actually is. I doubt that very many women would correct you.

Chirp.....

Clara Bow probably started it all.....

Clara Bow was married to an early b-western star, Rex Bell. They moved to Nevada and bought a ranch.

The only person I can think of that is of any note that has served in either is actually Prince Harry.

I will say that there have been more than a few celebrities have put themselves into forward areas for the troops. Gary Sinise, Ted Nugent, and Dennis Haysbert- of "The Unit" and Allstate fame- among others.

The only person I can think of that is of any note that has served in either is actually Prince Harry.

I will say that there have been more than a few celebrities have put themselves into forward areas for the troops. Gary Sinise, Ted Nugent, and Dennis Haysbert- of "The Unit" and Allstate fame- among others.

As I understand it, Prince Harry had to work hard to get everyone to agree to his service in the sand box. Says a lot about his character.

I have a lot of respect for those individuals. They really put their money where there mouth is.

Pat Tillman quit pro football and join the Army

Archived