SASS Wire Forum

A Test

Subdeacon Joe

No fair using any references.

http://www.constitutionfacts.com/?page=50QTest5.cfm

Me?

YOUR SCORE IS: 44 OUT OF 50 ON THE CONSTITUTION FACTS ADVANCED QUIZ!!
YOUR CONSTITUTION I.Q. IS: CONSTITUTION WHIZ KID
THE AVERAGE SCORE NATIONALLY 32.39

One brain fart - clicked before I was on the correct answer, the others were "Hmmm.....! A or C.....Hmmm.....C it is!" Nope, A.

The national average score is pathetic.

I'm not up to a 50 question quiz tonight, so I will give it a try tomorrow.

It's late! Same here.

Embarrassed to say I only scored 40 (actually 38 but I fat-fingered two questions),but on the supposedly harder follow-up test I scored a 47.

Most of the ones I missed on the first test were in the vein of "what article/clause says such and such?" I guess I know WHAT it says, just not WHERE it says it.

Embarrassed to say I only scored 40 (actually 38 but I fat-fingered two questions),but on the supposedly harder follow-up test I scored a 47.

Most of the ones I missed on the first test were in the vein of "what article/clause says such and such?" I guess I know WHAT it says, just not WHERE it says it.

Yep, narrow it down, take your best guess of the two. Which is almost always wrong. At least for me. And if I second guess myself, I was right the first time.

Got a 40 - also WHIZ KID - but I'll admit that although I know what the ammendments are or mean, I was lucky on guessing which NUMBER several were in the twenties (process of elimination).

Guessed bout 7-8 of them cause I didn't want to spend time trying to remember my constitutional law classes and cases. That is what took my score down. Least ways, that's my story and I'm sticking with it!

BTW, I got a 35 also.

I got a 32.

Sort of humbling, isn't it?

Although, I don't really see a whole lot of value in knowing Article, Section, and Clause on everything in the Constitution. So making a wrong guess on the section doesn't strike me as really "wrong" on "not knowing the Constitution."

Article...yeah that we should know. But the section and clause are just showing off. It isn't all that hard to read through one Article.

Sort of humbling, isn't it?

Although, I don't really see a whole lot of value in knowing Article, Section, and Clause on everything in the Constitution. So making a wrong guess on the section doesn't strike me as really "wrong" on "not knowing the Constitution."

Article...yeah that we should know. But the section and clause are just showing off. It isn't all that hard to read through one Article.

+1, on both counts.

A better test would have been more focused on the content.

Seems to have been oriented to those who were already pretty conversant with the content, and more focused on the exact "source", or reference location. Sounds like a rote course exam rather than a civics knowledge/context/understanding test.

Even so, I would bet the numbers from our members here are WELL (at least 3 times) above a broad national average.

I'm only at question 14, but I am curious about what the population of four cities has to do with the Constitution.

I got it right - I just don't see what it has to do with my knowledge of the Constitution. Of course, I also don't see what the age of the framers has to do with it, either.

Is this a test on the Constitution, or on American History?

I'm only at question 14, but I am curious about what the population of four cities has to do with the Constitution.

I got it right - I just don't see what it has to do with my knowledge of the Constitution. Of course, I also don't see what the age of the framers has to do with it, either.

Is this a test on the Constitution, or on American History?

Yeah, I kinda scratched my head at those same questions.

Archived