SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout July 17-19

Don't miss the Event of the year! We moved to the 3rd weekend of July this year, to try and give more old and new friends a chance to attend. If you haven't made it to the hills of ol Kentucky trust me ya are missing out!

As allways we are working to improve the range, this year we plan to cover another stage which will make 9 of 10 stages covered. We are also working on walls to allow for some down range movement.

And Lord only knows what Whiskey Creek Johnson will have in store for the Cowboy Olympics!!

Come see us

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know I will be there for the week or theres about. I have already been asked if we will have another ride out on Wednesday minus the two problems. I think the answer is a resounding yes. If you want to come up a day early and take a ride around the hills of East KY come on up.

Save my camping spot, might have to come up the weekend before to get into shape.

I'll be there for the Black Gold Shootout now that this match doesn't conflict with the Ruthless McDraw Memorial match in Ohio. I've had a great time at the black powder matches and am really looking forward to this match.

I hope to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!

CUT

It'll be good ta see ya again TC! Don't spose you could talk that wild man side kick of yers inta makin the trip this year! I bet ol' Wed Wiver Way would be a natural at them Hillbilly Olympics! :P

New belt on the ol' Harley and a couple thousand miles of shakedown cruisin' to make sure it's up ta' snuff!! B)

The band is already talkin' 'bout Black Gold! ;)

I'm workin' on a couple of new recipies :P !!

Hey Three Cut!! I got a new recipe for the 10ga. too!! :o:lol:

PAAAARRRTYYY!!

Boaz, I shore I'm glad you coming to chaoeron those two. What about our other big ol buddy that has been known to run with ya'll? He may be "afered" to cross the river.

Three Cut, we aint excepting any excusses from you or your Red River buddy!

Blackwater, I may just ride with ya'll. If ya will go slow we got bike for Christmas. I will post pictures when I can.

Copperhead, I picked up a couple of slingshots for you today. Should work for everyone, they even have a nice carving on each one.

Boaz, I shore I'm glad you coming to chaoeron those two. What about our other big ol buddy that has been known to run with ya'll? He may be "afered" to cross the river.

Three Cut, we aint excepting any excusses from you or your Red River buddy!

Blackwater, I may just ride with ya'll. If ya will go slow we got bike for Christmas. I will post pictures when I can.

Copperhead on a scooter!! Too cool!!!!! Kinda' hope Split Rail and Stoney can make it this year!?! I put a bug in their ears when I talked to 'em at Christmas!!

Well, Tombstone, do we need to bring the trailer this year? Or are ya'll bringin extra bike parts? LOL

Now, what kind of cook off are we havin this year? Hum...how about best brownies? Special ingredients are legal in some states!

Copperhead, I picked up a couple of slingshots for you today. Should work for everyone, they even have a nice carving on each one.

...TT are these Outlaw sling shots or ragler ones? Outlaw slingshots got ghetto sights and ya gotta shootem with the handle sideways. Ragler slingshots gotta be shot with the handle right-side up. Then of course there are cowboys like Whiskey Creek Johnson that'll game up the match and shoot a ragler sling shot with the handle upside down.

Kajun

Well, Tombstone, do we need to bring the trailer this year? Or are ya'll bringin extra bike parts? LOL

Now, what kind of cook off are we havin this year? Hum...how about best brownies? Special ingredients are legal in some states!

Heck yeah, you'd better bring a trailer!! Any mechaniclal contrivance made by man is subject to break down!! I had to haul a Gold Wing home the other day! Go figure!!

I had no idea you was interested in them "special ingredients"!! Whadaya think?? Brownies with BACON this year??

Joe

Need the bunkhouse number!!!

Cut

TC! It's Best Western, Manchester, KY. I don't remember the phone number, but you can find it on the web. Now get Harris off'n his butt!!

I ain't "afered" a nuthin.

Does this mean you will be attending??

Y'all chime in on what we're gonna' do for a cook/bake off!!

I reckon we'd better get this back up front where it belongs!!

I'm tryin ta' convince Schoolmarm to come up for the entire week!! Any of y'all who can help out with that need to start now, instigatin', aggrivatin', convincin', conspirein' and cajolin' her to our way of thinkin'!! ;)

Is it July yet! Dang it is cold this morning and it aint letting up any time soon. I reckon warmth will come sooner or later.

Blackwater, you just wait till ya'll see our new bike. As soon as Bo gets back from her trip down to the Gulf coast I'll have her put some pictures up. I know you bike guys have seen a lot of bikes, but I tell you this one is different from any you have seen.

Three Cut the Best Western phone number is 606-598-1800. By the way applications and information are on our web site http://www.ponderosa-pines.com

Um, Blackwater, you know bacon's good in anything. how about jalapeno's? Everyone, be sure to brin g lots and lots of extra ammo! woo-hoo can't wait!

I have been working on a jalapeno pepper recipe. I had planned on bringing a mess of them anyway. I know Ray makes a mean popper.

In this cold weather I would love to have a lasagna cook off but in July the would be a hard sell.

Looking for July already, too danged cold today.

Peppers??? :wub::P

T.T.!!! You may be onto somethin'!! :unsure:

Archived