SASS Wire Forum

Black Gold Shootout July 17-19

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe, brother, you're right!! We're getting more cold snaps this year than any since 1994. I just finished puttin' up a big pork roast, and I reckon I put more pepper and spice in this one than I have in a while!! Used the hottest onions I could find too!! :rolleyes::P

Y'all keep warm 'n' dry and make sure the hot soup 'n' coffee stays goin' fer those what wants it! I'm keepin' the comfort foods goin' and me 'n' Schoolmarm are are hunkerin' down for this most recent cold wave!! They even let schools out for tomorrow around here. :wacko:

Ya' ain't even gotta ask if it's July yet. It's too dang cold to make that mistake!! :lol::lol:

Hey folks, don't forget to bring your craziest,goofiest drinking shirt for Saturday evening! Of course, Whiskey Creek won it last year. Let's see if he can be outdone this year!

Hey folks, don't forget to bring your craziest,goofiest drinking shirt for Saturday evening! Of course, Whiskey Creek won it last year. Let's see if he can be outdone this year!

Yeah he won it Ironmaiden....but look who his tailor is ;)

Who's judgin' it this year?? :unsure::lol:

Judging, hum. I'm sure we can come up with some reputable judges. You think we could find any that's not drinking?

Judging, hum. I'm sure we can come up with some reputable judges. You think we could find any that's not drinking?

Considerin' where we will be and when the party is and who all will be there........................even I'll be drinkin'!!! :rolleyes::o:lol::lol:B)

Judging, I don't remember any judging. All I remember is Whiskey Creek declaring himself the winner. Contest over.

Judging, I don't remember any judging. All I remember is Whiskey Creek declaring himself the winner. Contest over.

That's the scenario as I recall it!! :o:lol:

Alright get your best brownie recipe's out. Only one twist, you have to add at least one wild ingredient that is not usually in them. choose from this list:

bacon

jalapenos

carrots

orange

liquor

beer

bananas

paprika

apple sauce

cheese

Ya'll better be practicing. Let's just see how many real chef's we have out there.

Who's gonna be the cowboy Iron chef?

Good luck!

Alright get your best brownie recipe's out. Only one twist, you have to add at least one wild ingredient that is not usually in them. choose from this list:

bacon

jalapenos

carrots

orange

liquor

beer

bananas

paprika

apple sauce

cheese

Ya'll better be practicing. Let's just see how many real chef's we have out there.

Who's gonna be the cowboy Iron chef?

Good luck!

You know me and brownies. I gots me some idears!! ;):P:wub:

Them Colorado brownies won't be no more potent than the ones made with our hill country fire water!! :o;):lol:

Do the rules for this year's "Cowboy Iron Chef" brownie competition state if the brownies must be made from scratch? LK is wanting to know. By the way, she ohh'd and ahh'd over the list of additional ingredients- go figure.

You make em any way you like as long as at least one special ingredient is in them. Scratch, box it makes no difference. Ya'll have fun with it.

Buffalo Dick, I dought that Colorado as anything on some of these ol mountain men, just saying.

This match is going to be great. The fun has already started. We are trying to do our part, we are adding another cover for the upper end that will make 9 out of 10 stages covered! For shade only, we don't want to even think of any other element. On the stage that is not covered we are adding 6 inch solid white oak walls for bearms to allow for down range movement. Just to try and make our shooting a little more diverise.

Can't wait to see everybody. We are out of school again. We have been in school 4 days sense Dec 19th!!! I'm done with winter!!!

Hey Joe!! (that's a song) Where's the pictures of this bike you mentioned?? :unsure:

I was thinkin' Hendrix!

I'll pull that one up after while. Thanks,Buffy!!

Still waiting for them bike pictures!! <_<

Please list your oddball ingredient with your brownies. So judges can judge by taste and how you used the extra ingredients.

If you thought this match was good last year, well wait till this un.

Can't wait to see everyone again.

Recken how much wieght I'll have to lose so as I can eat all the brownies that that I can hold. On second thought I can't lose that much, aint going to happen, I'll just eat the brownies and take my chances. Did I say I love brownies!!!!

Complicated Lady, great to see you are comming back. I told you ya would love it here.

Recken how much wieght I'll have to lose so as I can eat all the brownies that that I can hold. On second thought I can't lose that much, aint going to happen, I'll just eat the brownies and take my chances. Did I say I love brownies!!!!

Complicated Lady, great to see you are comming back. I told you ya would love it here.

EVERYBODY KNOWS YA' GOTS TA' LOOSEN YER BELT WHEN YA' COME TO PONDEROSA PINES!!

I'm in on the brownie showdown! I gots me a couple new idears for this one!

Joe!! Whar's the pictures of your new bike????

hmmm, how to put pineapple in brownies? hmm

Wellllllll, I reckon I'll be my normal teatottaling self once again, so I could judge if'n needed. :lol:

........ sure as my name's Wed Wiver Way!!

Had to read this a couple times before it would register.....

Boozy....teatottaling.... BHAAAAAA!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Apple Pie and Brownies!!!! ;):P:P:P:wub:

Copperhead Joe as a judge? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Make an extry batch in that case!!! :lol::lol::lol:

So, I.M. Who else you gonna have fer judges?

Do we need to set an entry fee? What about a charity for the procedes? Can we do more than one entry?

I'm sure glad you're setting it up this year!!

Hey Cheyenne, if we allow you to use pinnapple in your brownies, does that mean ya going to grace us with your presentence this year? For what it is worth we" double dog dare" ya to show up!!

Blackwater, as soon as the weather clears I'll get you some pictures of my new bike. You will not have seen one like it, no where!

As for the Iron Chef contest, I will leave the rules to Miss Iron Maiden. We do have a local charity that I would like to put up for consideration for part of any procedes.

Hey Cheyenne, if we allow you to use pinnapple in your brownies, does that mean ya going to grace us with your presentence this year? For what it is worth we" double dog dare" ya to show up!!

Blackwater, as soon as the weather clears I'll get you some pictures of my new bike. You will not have seen one like it, no where!

As for the Iron Chef contest, I will leave the rules to Miss Iron Maiden. We do have a local charity that I would like to put up for consideration for part of any procedes.

Shy Annie is a skeert ta' stop when he passes through Kerntucky. Folks look at him funny!! CC we tripple dog dare ya'!!

Joe! On the bike...................... We're waitin'!!

As far as local charities, remember,"Charity begins at HOME!!!"

Archived