SASS Wire Forum

Can't Get It In Kalifornia No More

Yul Lose

Another thread bemoans the death of the incandescent light bulb and in Kalifornia we can't get the spray lacquer finish that I've used for years on most of my woodworking projects. It is illegal to get it shipped into this state also, I've tried. My move to Arizona can't come soon enough.

I use Deft and as of January 2014 its illegal in this state. All the retailers down here are sold out with no reorders, including Lowes. I've tried the water based stuff and it does not come close to the real thing. I'm traveling to Az. This weekend so I'll be bringing some back.

It's been a couple of years since we have been able to get oil based leather dyes also, too many fumes, so they say.

Furriners from West Michigan....at it again.

Actually I am a California native ;) Born and raised. Again...its a poke at Cali policies not Cali itself ( PRK is referencing the government over burdening regulation and taxes)..lighten up for jimminy sakes. Ask Big Jake...he knows I'm just play in' around :D

GG

Kalifornia banning stuff......... naaahhhhhhhh, can't be.

Some years back I worked in Australia. They produce some excellent wines. The blokes I worked with gave me a few bottles of their best when I left to come home. Turns out that California has a law that you cannot bring wine into the state. Even if you're just connecting through. While connecting, I watched their "homeland security" confiscate that contraband from fellow travelers. Had no idea why they lost theirs until I talked with them on our connecting flight. To this day I have no idea why mine wasn't taken from me. Guess they werent' too good at their job. Wonder if their kids, doing that job today, are any better.

Kalifornia banning stuff......... naaahhhhhhhh, can't be.

Some years back I worked in Australia. They produce some excellent wines. The blokes I worked with gave me a few bottles of their best when I left to come home. Turns out that California has a law that you cannot bring wine into the state. Even if you're just connecting through. While connecting, I watched their "homeland security" confiscate that contraband from fellow travelers. Had no idea why they lost theirs until I talked with them on our connecting flight. To this day I have no idea why mine wasn't taken from me. Guess they werent' too good at their job. Wonder if their kids, doing that job today, are any better.

Don't know what happened, but it is not quite the case. This is from the California Alcohol Beverage Control Board.

Adults (persons age 21 or older) who bring alcoholic beverages into California for commercial or business purposes must be licensed by the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC).

Adults who bring alcoholic beverages into California for personal or household use do not need an alcoholic beverage license; however, some restrictions do apply, as explained below (Section 23661 Business and Professions Code).

Adults traveling into California from a foreign country by steamship or airplane may bring with them a reasonable amount of alcoholic beverages for personal or household use. A reasonable amount is not more than 60 liters (approximately five cases). (ABC agreement with U.S. Customs)

Out-of-state adult residents, who enter California from a foreign country, may arrange for their baggage containing alcoholic beverages to be continuously transported through California via common carrier. The traveler may not use the alcoholic beverages within California's borders.(Section 23109 Business and Professions Code)

Archived