SASS Wire Forum

Looks like Boston and St.Louis in the series

Loud & proud Cardinal fan here! Being fortunate enough to have grown up and still reside just 45 mins. west of Busch Stadium, I have always enjoyed going to the games. St. Louis is a HUGE baseball city and we love our Red Birds. Overall, I am very proud of how the fans handle themselves, can't recall ever having any riots or burning of vehicles and such like in some cities. Though I do hate to hear that you and your family had a bad experience Blackwater.....but like someone else stated, we all aren't that way. (Anheuser products probably played a role in their behavior. ) Also, if you ever get the chance I highly recommend taking the tour of Busch Stadium. The cost is cheaper than you would pay for a beer at the Stadium & if you are a baseball fan, I guarantee you will be glad you experienced it! What a great time for sports in the Show-me-State......Cardinals,Kansas City Chiefs,Blues are off to a good start, hope the Billikens have another great season and my other favorite team, MIZ-ZOU.

GO CARDS!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there, Sweety!!

Missed you at Tennessee State!!

I did the Busch tour with my mom and Hatfield and Schoolmarm when Hatfield was around nine years old. The stadium and the tour were great! Folks away from the game were wonderful and as you know, I have lots of folks that I call friends from Missouri. The refreshments, I'm sure, were most of the problem. We were there for a season ending four game series that would decide the NL East contender for the pennant, so maybe the stakes were a factor too. You know me, and you know that I don't tolerate nasty/rude behaviour very well. Three out of the four games, and we sat in different sections of the stands on each day, we had to listen to crude, and I mean far beyond the usual, remarks about our team jerseys, the team we came to support, and players on that team. It just didn't sit well with me, and having been to over half of the ballparks in the major leagues, that weekend and the one at Fenway were the worst I've experienced.

Thankfully, it stuck with Hatfield in a positive way! He played ball all the way through high school, coaches youth baseball, and even ran the umpire organization in our home county for a year. He won't allow or tolerate bad sportsmanship, any more than I will, and that makes me proud.

I can tell that you and Missouri Traveler teach the same principles. Makes me proud to say you folks are friends of mine!!

Well if we want a seven game series to stretch out the season some more, both teams will have to win three. Boston is just using up all their offense in one game.

It was just 1 game! Not a problem, Have you all forgot the 2011 series!?!?! Cards came from no where to get into the playoffs then went onto the World Series then were almost out of it a few times, But who won the 2011 World Series?!?!? ......St. Louis Cardnials!

Have faith Red Bird Fans!

Wow what a mop-up!!! Cards looked bad defensively which is rare for them. Game 2 tonight. Go Cards!

Rye

GO TRIBE IN 2014!!!! :P

I won't be watching this one. Having visited both ballparks as a fan of a visiting team, these are the two most rude and offensive fan bases I've encountered!! My mom and wife and at that time young son were subjected to some of the most vile language and inhospitable treatment at these two venues that I've ever even HEARD of. It's a sporting event for Pete's sake!! The lack of sportsmanship exibited was beyond any possible excuse! I know that other fans of these two clubs aren't like that, but the look on my mom's face is something I'll likely NEVER forget, and for sure will never forgive!! I know the crudball at Busch Stadium that accosted my family will NEVER forget me!!

I wish they could both lose!!

you must never been at a game in Philly or the Big Apple :ph34r:

you must never been at a game in Philly or the Big Apple :ph34r:

Yeah! My mom and my son are Mets fans and I lived in Elisabeth, NJ when I was a kid for a while, so I've been to the Polo Grounds, Shea Stadium, Ebbits Field, and Yankee Stadium many times. I even went to Philly and Pittsburg once. The Philly fans were raucous and derisive of other fans, but not vile and nasty to women and kids. New York fans are/were also raucous and rowdy, but there was some respect for those who showed their team of choice's colors. My wife used to be a Jets fan, (I know... football.......... :rolleyes: ) and she wore their colors to several games in the fall.

We didn't get the kind of treatment I previously described at any of those games.

As a Colorado Rockies fan, I could care less who wins this Series. But are the Cards really in the Series? So far doesn't look like it. But then that's only the first game. I remember the 1959 "Go-go" White Sox winning the first game of their series against the Dodgers by 7 to 1 or something like that, and then loosing the next four straight! :(

I feel that I helped with the win last night. I retired the St.L red hat until the party is over.

Maybe wearing it during the first game was a bit boastful. Heaven forbid that I would ever

be boastful.

The first two games of this series were anything but clinics on baseball perfection. Mien Gott, two errors on the same play, scoring the winning run!

However, they've been great games if you like to scream and moan with your teams performance on the field!

Yeah, this will be a season that tries Trojan Men's souls.

But at least Lane Kiffin and Mike Garrett are now behind us.

Well...

I WOULD!

Drives Calam nuts. Especially the Touchdown USC!!! shouts. Scares the dogs.

USC ROCKS! My pa went to Michigan and ma USC....love both teams.

GG

USC ROCKS! My pa went to Michigan and ma USC....love both teams.

GG

It does indeed! I'm an alumnus - and that's a whole 'nuther breed o' crazy!

Beat the Utes today, 19 - 3. But, wholly snot, only one touchdown - and four field goals. Defense played very well, but the Offense seemed allergic to the red zone. Still, a win is a Win! Especially with all the injuries the Trojans have suffered.

FightON!!! Heal up!

Wow - what a crazy ending to tonights game! The winning run awarded on the BoSox' 3rd Baseman's interference.

Archived