SASS Wire Forum

Words escape me....

Disgusting and distasteful, yes. BUT the 1st Amendment isn't there to protect only what is popular. This is the very type of thing it is there to protect.

Do I think he was sending the wrong message? Yes.

Do I think he could have found a better way to illustrate his lesson about freedom? Yes.

But whoever made the decision to yank him from the classroom screwed up.

Disgusting and distasteful, yes. BUT the 1st Amendment isn't there to protect only what is popular. This is the very type of thing it is there to protect.

Do I think he could have found a better way to illustrate his lesson about freedom? Yes.

Joe, I disagree.

For a teacher to do something like this is crossing the line... Teachers are NOT supposed to do inflammatory things in a public school classroom. If he'd suddenly started spouting off something using the "N-word," for instance, he'd be out in a flash.

This wasn't a first amendment issue at all... and he should've gotten his a$$ yanked and fired immediately for cause. I'm in agreement with Uncle Ethan... the school district are indeed gutless wonders and have established a dangerous precedent. :(

I know what he really needs.That is such a shame to a lot that king of crap to go on.Then pay the piece of sh!! .

Should have come under a classroom conduct charge and he should have been fired. If the board had any guts they'd have followed through.

How far do you think I'd get if I expressed myself to him under my freedom of expression rights?

Should have come under a classroom conduct charge and he should have been fired. If the board had any guts they'd have followed through.

How far do you think I'd get if I expressed myself to him under my freedom of expression rights?

I would like to go with you to make a visit to this individual.

I also disagree. The federal flag code makes it unlawful to desicrate the flag. But the politicians didn't give it any balls/punishment.

Barry Sloe

I agree with everybody here.

Everybody.

Is that possible?

Hmmmm.

A tall tree an a short rope ought ta do da trick ! :FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

Well.... I was smellin' tar boilin' and hearin' chickens squawkin'. They don't take kindly to havin' they feathers yanked out. :rolleyes:

Well.... I was smellin' tar boilin' and hearin' chickens squawkin'. They don't take kindly to havin' they feathers yanked out. :rolleyes:

Hardpan....ever seen a nekkid chicken fore ?

It aint pruty ! :blink::ph34r:

Archived