SASS Wire Forum

Snazzy is Missouri Bound for College

Snazzy McGee was offered a scholarship to Lindenwood University in St. Charles Missouri where she will be majoring in English and shooting skeet on their shotgun team.

It is one of only three colleges in the US that is debt free, the teachers are NOT tenured and the classes are limited to 35 students with the average class size being around 20. It is also one of the top Christian Colleges in the US. The campus is beautiful.

Targets, ammo, and a gun club membership are provided as well as travel expenses and match fees.

Santa Fe River Stan was correct in his assessment of the weather there....we flew in while tornados were touching down in the area. However, the partial scholarship overrides the sketchy weather and makes it more affordable then any other college she was accepted to.

Even more, it is a good fit for her, plus it will get her to experience a world outside of liberal New England.

I wanted to thank Snazzy's SASS family for helping me raise a good kid that is ready to tackle college with a ton of confidence that grew from this great shooting sport.

AA

The weather is crazy in Missouri. Spent a bit of time in KC in summer and winter.

110 in in the summer and unbearable humidity. Winter is just as rotten. Wet and cold.

Good luck!

Very cool...congrats to Snazzy. Sounds like the college will be a good fit for her. And props to all of her family for raising such a successful young woman.

Proud to know & shoot with the whole family, Snazzy worked hard and now has a new opportunity in front of her, She will do well. Congrats Snazzy!

A big congratulations to Snazzy! Being offered a scholarship is really something to be proud of! College is one of the most exciting times in someone's life. I remember it like it was yesterday. I'm really happy for her.

Well she's on her way! While I'm sure SASS members had a positive influence on Snazzy, I can say her family played the biggest role. I had the pleasure of being around the family from Quaker Hill at the Florida State match this past January. From Snazzy's Grandparents to their good friend from Maine, Smokey Sue, they all showed a lot of class and were a joy to be around. It's easy to see why she, and her brother Alex, will be a success in this world.

As for Lindenwood University, they just won their 10th consecutive National Championship in skeet/trap, beating Texas A&M by 60 targets. You know they only pick the best with that record and Snazzy will surely be an asset to the progam.

Have fun Snazzy, enjoy the adventure!

Best regards from the other McGee.

Congratulations and welcome to my neck of the woods! I've lived here all my life and, yep, the heat is hot and the cold is cold. And you can get both on the same day. There's nothing quite like 90+ degrees and 80+% humidity in the summer.

I've seen a lot of the Lindenwood kids shooting and they are good. BTW, for which club do they get a membership?

Angus

Congratulation! The average temp fer today should be 68 and it's 37 right now. Tonight snow commen in. Now that's Missery weather :D

Not sure which club but I know its only 8 minutes from Lindenwood U and they have quite a few skeet & trap fields.

And as far as the weather...we see our fair share of crazy stuff from hurricanes to blizzards to 100 degree days with high humidity.

AA

Hi Amy & Bill

Well it is a sad day when you see your kids leave the nest but it is the best thing going to have them move on, they have to get on with there life and you have to move on with uyours. I wish her all the luck in the world as she is a good kid and good kids go far in this worldJust think in a few years you may have to start breaking in some new cowboy or cowgirl shooters wont that be fun. More work for Bill. See you guys soon.

Ct Yankee

Archived