SASS Wire Forum

It's time for an Evil Bob match at Cherokee

Badlands Bob #61228

As the match director at Cherokee, I hear all the comments (complaints) about targets, scenarios, and pretty much everything. I have even been accused of being evil from time to time. Well, I want you to know that I have listened to your "comments" over the past years. They have not been ignored. I have actually taken careful notes. This month, I'm putting them all into one match. I'm breaking out all the steel. You'll see the Texas star, poppers, tombstone plate racks, whiskey bottles, rats and a rubber chicken. Who knows what else I'll find to shoot at. It's time to knock the rust off of some of those targets we don't use very often. Nothing complicated, just a lot of fun.

The evilness will commence on April 27th at the Cherokee Gun Club in Gainesville, Ga. You don't want to miss this one.

Badlands (Evil) Bob

I will be there, Bob. Time for redemption!

It's also time to bring a new rope too....I got a fresh one in the back of my truck! If'n we don't kill all of those pesky rats we'll hang what's left of 'um.

I think it's written in the SASS rule book about not hanging the match director. I'm sure it's written somewhere.

Hmmm, I don't recollect hearing about that rule when Buck D. Law wuz teachin' our RO2 class at Ambush. I'll be prepared just in case.

Don't forget Mexican Food after the match! I have the feeling I'll be needing Tequila after Saturday's match.

Rolan, why don't you eat a big helping of it before the match.....I'm sure it'll make you "go faster."

Kajun,

No, but I DO plan on staying at a Holiday Inn Express the night before.

Besides, we meet at Waffle House at 7:15 on match mornings. Feel free to join us for that too. You can buy.

I just got off the phone with my techno-wizards and it looks like we'll be using the new A.C.E.S. scoring system this month. Electric scoring. Who would have ever guessed. They assure me that they have all that syncing and ciphering figured out......whatever that means. Should cut the scoring time down to about 5 minutes.

Now if I can just figure out how to move all that steel in 5 minutes.......

BLB, you want I should bring my abacus and slide rule just in case

I figure if it comes down to it, we'll just cut cards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places and promise to do better next month.

I just got off the phone with my techno-wizards and it looks like we'll be using the new A.C.E.S. scoring system this month. Electric scoring. Who would have ever guessed. They assure me that they have all that syncing and ciphering figured out......whatever that means. Should cut the scoring time down to about 5 minutes.

I the true spirit of the western era, why not use slates? Or maybe Koda Joe can smoke signal the scores. I don't know, just trying to be helpful. Why make it easy? You wanted to be "evil", right?

I the true spirit of the western era, why not use slates? Or maybe Koda Joe can smoke signal the scores. I don't know, just trying to be helpful. Why make it easy? You wanted to be "evil", right?

Yep, this is my month to be evil. The rest of the time, I have to be nice Bob.

Now where did I put all those buzzards and rats?

Yep, this is my month to be evil. The rest of the time, I have to be nice Bob.

Now where did I put all those buzzards and rats?

The buzzards are circling 'round the range waiting on a kill and the rats...well those are probably in Dirty Dan Dawkins' truck eating up his reserve supply of fondue and scallions :lol:

Hmmm, I don't recollect hearing about that rule when Buck D. Law wuz teachin' our RO2 class at Ambush. I'll be prepared just in case.

On page 30 of RO1, the hanging of match directors is strictly prohibited. On page 31 are the exceptions. Evil Bob is listed on page 31. The trick is trying to be sure you get Evil Bob instead of his identical twin (except in evilness of mind) Nice Bob. Apparently identical but totally different twins are common over in Georgia. There's also Dash Caliber and Uncertain Tex. :)

Thanks Buck for that clarification......I think.

Last year we only had 5 people shoot the Evil Bob match clean. Many came close but only 5 actually reached the mountain top. We'll see how many achieve glory this time.

Brother Buck and I will be there. I'm actually not going to shoot BP cuz I don't want to miss seeing all the evilness. I'm sure they will still be gun fighter friendly.... your not that evil :o

Thanks Buck for that clarification......I think.

Last year we only had 5 people shoot the Evil Bob match clean. Many came close but only 5 actually reached the mountain top. We'll see how many achieve glory this time.

Well I was one of them and I aim to be again this year. I ain't askeered of no Evil Bob and his rubber chickens!

Brother Buck and I will be there. I'm actually not going to shoot BP cuz I don't want to miss seeing all the evilness. I'm sure they will still be gun fighter friendly.... your not that evil :o

Everything is Gunfighter friendly. I'm evil. Not self destructive.

Well I was one of them and I aim to be again this year. I ain't askeered of no Evil Bob and his rubber chickens!

I've got a special target just for you Capt. You'll get a chance to shine on stage 6....if you've got the nerve.

I've got a special target just for you Capt. You'll get a chance to shine on stage 6....if you've got the nerve.

Bob, you did get that Alabama Crimson TIde rubber chicken I sent ya...didn't cha?

I happen to know Evil Bob spoke with a consultant on this match. I happened to interview this person and pointedly asked if he felt any responsibility for the the misery he was about to put you guys through. Here's some brief footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XREnvJRkif0

We'll come on up. We love surprises.

We just finished setting up the match and this is going to be a good one. Silver City Rebel was even laughing and shaking his head as we set up the steel.

Archived