SASS Wire Forum

More Whirling Dervish videos

For those who might be interested I've now posted five Whirling Dervish videos on our club's website.

We will be shooting it in it's first real match a week from tomorrow, April 20th.

This will be the first time anyone has shot it while on the clock which will add more pressure.

Here's a link.

http://www.bigforkbuscaderos.com/

Sage creek gus

I designed and built it myself

SCG

I tip my cowboy hat to you! Only wish you were closer so I could try it. That is awesome!

Must take a while to re-set it?

I tip my cowboy hat to you! Only wish you were closer so I could try it. That is awesome!

Must take a while to re-set it?

All the bearings have locks on them. It's a finger pincher without that. With two people attaching targets and one handing them targets it takes about a minute.

SCG

You ought to have that contraption at an annual match and charge folks to shoot it....bet you could make some money for a worthy cause and have some videos to submit to "America's Funniest Home Videos." What a great work of ingenuity and construction Sage Creek Gus....just outstanding.

Thanks for all your comments.

I can't wait til a week from now when we shoot it for the first time under the clock.

A few weeks ago I had some friends up to my shop and we "shot" it with a hammer.

We were even missing targets standing right in front of it swinging a hammer.

Actually, I'm contemplating a new target even more evil than this one.

SCG

For all of you who expressed a wish to take a crack at the Whirling Dervish we will be shooting it for the first time at a regular match this coming Saturday, April 20th at the Bigfork Gun Club out side Bigfork, MT.

Here's a link to the stages online:

http://www.bigforkbuscaderos.com/2013/april/aprilstages.html

We will also be shooting my other moving targets, the Polish Pickle Rack and the Rolling drop target along with a Texas Star.

I hope to have video of these targets to post online after the match.

Come and join us.

Sage Creek Gus

Archived