SASS Wire Forum

SASS Convention 2013

Misty Moonshine

Hi Folks,

All confirmations are done; hotel, airline, and Convention. I will be arriving in Springfield at 4:10 p.m. Tuesday December 3. Anyone else going to be there a day early?

See y'all there!

Allie Mo

Sorry, no. We won't get there until the 4th, I recollect. It'll be good to see you again.

Mustang

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Folks,

All confirmations are done; hotel, airline, and Convention. I will be arriving in Springfield at 4:10 p.m. Tuesday December 3. Anyone else going to be there a day early?

See y'all there!

Allie Mo

Good morning Allie Mo! Ms. Mary Matilda and I will be arriving on 12/3 and leaving 12/8 or so..... We'll be driving up from Indian Territory, Creek Nation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

I have posted the "bones" of the SASS Convention on the website, and all the other Convention webpages are now updated too fr 2013!

(as you can see, I finally got my head above water from EOT!)

As I was working through the schedule, I began to really start getting excited about the Convention again! This is going to be SO great! I cant wait for you all to experience what we have planned.

I will add more details to the schedule, and the seminars are still a work in progress- so, check back often to see what's been added.

www.sassnet.com/Convention/schedule.php

Cant wait!

Misty

Misty Moonshine... ...thanks for the info and all the hard w**k!

Okb

• 1 month later...

Seminars, we need the seminar schedule please.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

• 1 month later...

I also have a question on the convention

I would assume you can go for just one day? I am not far from Branson at all go there quite often but will only be able to go for one day, Saturday more than likely but was wondering is there a dress code as I am not sure if the clothes I have will fit any longer. and are there vendors there that we can buy things from? sorry for the questions but have never been to one of the conventions or any big event like this and I am working on getting back in the game would be nice to be able to check out clothing and so on so I was courious. and where can tickets be bought? or can I pay at the door the day I get there?

I would assume you can go for just one day? I am not far from Branson at all go there quite often but will only be able to go for one day, Saturday more than likely but was wondering is there a dress code as I am not sure if the clothes I have will fit any longer. and are there vendors there that we can buy things from? sorry for the questions but have never been to one of the conventions or any big event like this and I am working on getting back in the game would be nice to be able to check out clothing and so on so I was courious. and where can tickets be bought? or can I pay at the door the day I get there?

Hi Kid,

Most folks wear at least a minimum shooting outfit. Some wear fancy clothes. You would be fine in jeans and a long sleeve shirt if that is possible.

I've always paid in advance. Go to the following site for more information. http://www.sassnet.com/Convention/

Regards,

Allie

In the past the vendor area was open to the public and there were lots of clothing vendors to shop at, don't know what the new setup will be.

• 2 weeks later...

Bob,

If I were you, I'd call the office. You might even be able to sign up at the event.

Regards,

Allie

Thanks, I actually did call them and got 2 different answers(Nov 8 and the 20th).This would be my 9th convention, but there is a chance I might have to cancel due to my wifes work commitment. I can sign up at the convention, but won't have a name tag or meal choice. I was hoping Misty would chime in. I left her a PM but haven't gotten a response.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how extravegant the vendors may be? We booked on short notice and I don't have time to order anything for the ball...

Hey Nerdy, lookin forward to seein y'all again. We met ya at the Black Gold Shootout in July. We're probably gonna make the Byhalia match in the spring. We'll hafta swing by your place and get some of that yummy food you're always talkin about on facebook!

Hey Nerdy, lookin forward to seein y'all again. We met ya at the Black Gold Shootout in July. We're probably gonna make the Byhalia match in the spring. We'll hafta swing by your place and get some of that yummy food you're always talkin about on facebook!

Hey Titus! We will be in wednesday night, we want to be able to make the brunch on the 5th..and definitely come and see us anytime your in the area, we'll feed ya!

Look forward to seeing you again!

Hey Titus! We will be in wednesday night, we want to be able to make the brunch on the 5th..and definitely come and see us anytime your in the area, we'll feed ya!

Look forward to seeing you again!

We'll see y'all there. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Allie Mo

Emerald Anne Holiday and I arrive 3:55 PM on the 3rd from Phoenix by way of Houston. It is purely a coincidence we will be getting our rental car from Alamo. PS the dress from Dayton WA was mailed yesterday.

;)

Oh so she is the lucky lady with a Pinto Annie creation. :unsure:

I can hardly wait to see everyone!!!

Regards,

Allie

So, can someone explain the Tea to me? Is this something thats mostly for the ladies or do many of the gentlemen participate also?

Hi Dirty,

I went to the first one they had. I imagine this one will be nicer as the hotel is classes above the Riviera.

There was a slide show of ladies fashions; mostly "tea dresses." Also, some of the ladies walked around and showed people their tea dresses. So, it was mainly geared to the ladies. However, there were several gentlemen attending.

Regards,

Allie

I saw a couple of questions about vendors, and thought I'd jump in on that topic. White Wolf Trading and other vendors will have pretty much any type of clothing you might need, from fancy dress to shooting outfits. My partner, White Wolf Woman, specializes in working with the ladies to create really beautiful outfits. She makes the fancy Victorian hats, but has everything else also. We, and other vendors, will also have men's clothing...dress up or shooting. Be sure to check out what everyone is offering...we all work hard to bring items people actually like and need for SASS.

Hi Dirty,

I went to the first one they had. I imagine this one will be nicer as the hotel is classes above the Riviera.

There was a slide show of ladies fashions; mostly "tea dresses." Also, some of the ladies walked around and showed people their tea dresses. So, it was mainly geared to the ladies. However, there were several gentlemen attending.

Regards,

Allie

thanks Allie!

Headed out tomorrow, at the crack of dawn!

Giving shooting seminars every morning, hanging out with cowboys from all over the place for the rest of the day; and a great bunch of Hall of Fame Inductees.

This is gonna be a good one...

Cheers,

FJT

Arrived 6 pm ish today, wow this place is fantastic. After dinner met up with Baylor and the Red Head in the Library Lounge. I also had the distinct privilege of meeting the quite fantastic Allie Mo, she is a riot.

Ain't that the truth! :D

Had coffee on the deck this mornin watching the deer and squirrels in the back yard. Fannie and I are lookin out the Living Room window at the Chateau, across beautiful Table Rock Lake as I type. Gonna load up in a few minutes and head over and register and move in our room at the Chateau. Lookin forward to the next few days!

Archived