SASS Wire Forum

Week 6 College Football

Lots of good games coming up:

#17 Oklahoma vs. unranked Texas Tech -- OU will be the first real test of the Red Raiders ability. Possible upset. Nod to OU.

#4 LSU vs. #10 Florida -- On paper, LSU has the better defense and offense, but anything goes in the Swamp. I wouldn't put money on this game, but I think LSU will rise to the challenge.

#8 West Virginia vs. #11 Texas -- WV has the offense, Texas had the defense. It should be another high scoring game, with a nod to Texas.

#5 Georgia vs. #6 South Carolina -- A repeat of the Texas game, Georgia has the offense and SC has the defense. Nod to Georgia.

#21 Nebraska vs. #12 Ohio State -- This will be another close one IMO. Pretty equally balanced. Nod to Nebraska.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#17 Oklahoma vs. unranked Texas Tech -- OU will be the first real test of the Red Raiders ability. Possible upset. Nod to OU.

#4 LSU vs. #10 Florida -- On paper, LSU has the better defense and offense, but anything goes in the Swamp. I wouldn't put money on this game, but I think LSU will rise to the challenge.

#8 West Virginia vs. #11 Texas -- WV has the offense, Texas had the defense. It should be another high scoring game, with a nod to Texas.

#5 Georgia vs. #6 South Carolina -- A repeat of the Texas game, Georgia has the offense and SC has the defense. Nod to Georgia.

#21 Nebraska vs. #12 Ohio State -- This will be another close one IMO. Pretty equally balanced. Nod to Nebraska.

Okie, if my alma mater beats your Sooners I'm going to break out my Browning Sweet Sixteen, sit down with a six pack of Shiner in the back yard, and gleefully shoot as many flying pigs as I can. Yep, I'll be a game hog...to hell with bag limits! :rolleyes:

Okie, if my alma mater beats your Sooners I'm going to break out my Browning Sweet Sixteen, sit down with a six pack of Shiner in the back yard, and gleefully shoot as many flying pigs as I can. Yep, I'll be a game hog...to hell with bag limits! :rolleyes:

:lol: I think it will be pretty close myself.

On the Week 4 thread I picked Florida, Texas, South Carolina, and Ohio. LSU has looked weak over the last four games and they're playing in the Swamp. Georgia gave TN way to many chances Saturday. Nebraska got exposed Saturday even though they won. To me the WV Texas game will be the closest call followed by LSU FL.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK OKIE SAWBONES!!! Last week you picked Nebraska (GO BIG RED) and they almost lost!! You trying to make them lose again?? <_<

Okie would do that. He has no scruples. He has no transmission either. He is shiftless.

Wildcat has said that he can not be trusted without adult supervision. He has proven that

many times. Even the dogs don't trust him. He has to put pork chops on his ears to get the

to play with him.

Okie would do that. He has no scruples. He has no transmission either. He is shiftless.

Wildcat has said that he can not be trusted without adult supervision. He has proven that

many times. Even the dogs don't trust him. He has to put pork chops on his ears to get the

to play with him.

All of that and more, but now Calico Mary went and done it. She made Squeaky mad, and now he is rooting for the Buckeyes. You don't want Squeaky rooting against you.

Squeaky don't like me now? I think I'll just send my little demon-spawn Angel Boo over to have a nice long "talk" with ole' Squeaky and see how long it takes her to change his mind :P

Does anyone know if the Mountaineer ran out of gun power last week? :unsure:

No he had plenty of powder, but he sure was worn-out and sweaty from all the push-ups. It's funny when we played JMU in Washington DC he could carry his gun but could not fire it.

Well, the record speaks for it's self. Three losses and only two wins. Now the big question at the Badger

field house is CAN SLIPPERY ROCK DEFEAT INDIANA UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA?. (Those eastern colleges come up with some odd names.)

I would have thought that USC was better than 10 points over Utah. But that just shows what the heck does Badger know. Maybe they didn't want to run the score up. Yeah, that is it. Keep it close.

Looking at tomorrow's games, it looks like the SEC has some of the better match ups, again.

Georgia/South Carolina looks like it could get nasty.

also the LSU/Florida looks interesting.

Of course I will be watching to see what Notre Dame does. The Hurricanes are not the powerhouse of years past but never sell them short.

Nebraska/Ohio State is the only Big 10 Game that looks to be well matched.

Looks like Penn State is giving Northwestern an exciting afternoon.

Giving them all they want for sure. Arkansas is whipping up on Auburn.

Just waiting a for the OU and Texas Tech game to start. Should be a good'en.

Navy/Airforce is a barn burner

Edit: Turnout the lights. It is all over for Northwestern.

Not sure I would call that an upset because I do not believe that Northwestern deserved to be in the top 25 to begin with.

Edit II: Looks like once more Army and Air Force have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

Correction, Army pulled it out.

Lots of close games and potential upsets ongoing:

LSU 6 -- Florida 0 in the 3rd

Stanford 28 -- Arizona 27 in the 3rd

GT 28 -- Clemson 27 in the 3rd

Iowa State 16 -- Clemson 10 in the 3rd

Looks like Florida is making their way back to days of old. Not a great offense, but the defense was awesome. LSU hurt themselves though with two big fumbles.

Now for Texas -- WV! And Georgia -- SC!

It would appear that they are. Not looking good for LSU

Well, it wasn't pretty. The Gators will almost certainly jump into the Top 5 and now have legitimate national-title aspirations.

LSU, meanwhile, isn't out of it -- not with Alabama still on their schedule. But after two lackluster wins, today's loss was the ultimate reality check for this year's team. The Tigers defense looked something close to mortal, while the embarrassing quarterback play continues to haunt LSU.

Archived