SASS Wire Forum

A word to the wise...

Grizzly Dave

when packing for a 3 day annual away from home, remember to pack your meds.

When you remember when you are almost at the range, it's annoying to shoot the side matches and have to drive 2 hours back home in Friday rush hour to get them, even more annoying to hang at home hoping traffic clears out before driving 2 hours back to your motel by the range.

Couldn't you just take them all at once before you left home and then you would not need to worry about it. :blink:

Exactly. That's what I do and I feel just f............

I don't think that would be a very good idea, might lower my BP too much all at once.

As it worked out, I needed to fix my shotgun anyway, the butt stock was loose and nobody had a long screwdriver to tighten it up with. At least no one I talked to.

I did get to fondle a really nice pair of original vaqueros in 45 LC, stainless steel and slicker than hot buttered snot. They are really calling to me.... so far I have resisted as I was looking for another pair of 357s, but, why have two pairs of the same thing a little voice is saying, and not just the guy selling the 45s.

Grizz, FWIW I keep five days worth of meds in my pickup, my car, my SUV, and my gun cart. That way if I forget to pack meds, I'm covered for five days. The senior moments are more frequent these days. Have fun at the shoot! You'll look back and laugh at yourself in a year or so. Meanwhile, we'll all laugh at you. :P:lol:

Griz, you probably could have gone to a local drug store and told them where you have your prescription. They can call your home pharmacy and get you a weeks supply. Takes a few minutes but it beats 4 hours of driving. BP medicine is usually pretty cheap too.

Of course, you need the screwdriver too....

Griz, you probably could have gone to a local drug store and told them where you have your prescription. They can call your home pharmacy and get you a weeks supply. Takes a few minutes but it beats 4 hours of driving. BP medicine is usually pretty cheap too.

Spot on. Had to do that once. I packed all of the meds, or so I thought. One was missing.

Hi Grizz,

I've made a "To Do and Take" list. So, I rarely forget much. All I can think of is the time I needed my hatpins.

Regards,

Allie

Yup. Wildcat and I have three lists: 1) Overseas Travel, 2) Scuba Diving, 3) Cowboy Shooting. It sures saves us a lot of hassle.

Grizz, FWIW I keep five days worth of meds in my pickup, my car, my SUV, and my gun cart. That way if I forget to pack meds, I'm covered for five days. The senior moments are more frequent these days. Have fun at the shoot! You'll look back and laugh at yourself in a year or so. Meanwhile, we'll all laugh at you. :P:lol:

Ditto!

I just keep the car packed with everything but Guns, ammo, underwear and meds. Makes those things so much easier to remember.

There's a hardware store just down the block from the druggist.

Grizz ain't safe with long handled tools. They won't let him on the streets with one. He has to go home to work on things.

And besides, I am not certain that the pharmacist would believe that gummy bears are really a prescription.

Hi Grizz,

I've made a "To Do and Take" list. So, I rarely forget much. All I can think of is the time I needed my hatpins.

Regards,

Allie

Me too, Alllie. A few years back I forgot my cpap and that was a real problem. I make a list, check off when I pack the item and then check off when it's loaded in the truck.

Archived