SASS Wire Forum

Ariat Terrain boot?

Blastmaster

"terrain ankle boots " by Ariat and cowboy boots must be exactly the same, after all they both have a spur shelf????

I witnessed a young health fast shooter at a regional level match wearing such a boot. I actually couldn't believe what I was seeing at the time. He also had the opportunity to shoot straight through on one day, while the 200 other shooters suffered grueling heat for two days??

I guess its the way things are and have always been. A few people will always push the envelope every chance they get.

The good thing is 95% of the folks are great and try to follow the rules:)

For me I'll wear cowboy boots!

i would allow them.

cbj

;):D:lol: :lol: I'll bet you think this thread is about you, don't you? Don't you? (with apologies to Carly Simon) B)

The "rubberized" toe guard above sole elevation, the upswept heal bothers me. Those two items look atheletic to me. I have no problem with sole design or construction.

Just asking.

Ok, I'll have to agree with you, that and the rubber between the sole and the uppers. Good Luck :)

Jefro :ph34r:

i would allow them.

cbj

Sounds like the barn door is wide open.

A no call on the Terrains.

See post #31.

This has been referred to the ROC for confirmation.

"terrain ankle boots " by Ariat and cowboy boots must be exactly the same, after all they both have a spur shelf????

I witnessed a young health fast shooter at a regional level match wearing such a boot. I actually couldn't believe what I was seeing at the time. He also had the opportunity to shoot straight through on one day, while the 200 other shooters suffered grueling heat for two days??

I guess its the way things are and have always been. A few people will always push the envelope every chance they get.

The good thing is 95% of the folks are great and try to follow the rules:)

For me I'll wear cowboy boots!

I am very far from a costume nazi, but this is exactly why you have rules and have to draw the line (without a medical reason).

If I were RO with these at an annual or above, I'd call 'em not legal, MD free to overrule me. Fine for a shooter with medical reasons although there are some better choices.

YMMV,

Harvey

i would allow them.

cbj

What would you base that decision on? As an Instructor I'm sure that you must have something to point to.

I would like to know because at this point, the ROC is NOT allowing them. If we've missed something please let us know.

Snakebite

Chairman ROC

See post #31.

This has been referred to the ROC for confirmation.

Thank you.

I hope the vote is NO. Not allowed.

As for me. All it is, is a brown high top tennis shoe.

Just picture that same thing only white.

Now make the rubber around it white instead of black.

There is my tennis shoes that I wear to walk in.

But will live with whatever you all say.

We see some young shooters shoot through around here also.

BUT. With most big matches shooting there main match on Friday and Sat.

Most of those young ones are in school on Fridays.

Would rather them shoot through on Sat. Than miss school on Friday, or not shoot at all.

As for the Boot/tennis shoe.

ROC is looking at it and we should know for sure on it before long.

bk, i had but they were clouds in my coffee, clouds in my coffee...

snakebite, what would i base my decision to allow them on? the fact they are leather boots. not tennis shoes. they have a spur shelf, like boots. they are thick walled leather, like boots. they have a thick and non-pliable insole, like boots. and finally, they have a heal, like boots.

if they were like tennis shoes (athletic shoes) we would be able to find google images of people competing is some sports related activity, like tennis or basketball. but they are not athletic shoes, they are boots.

cbj

In addition to what Allie quoted from the SHB in post #16...

ARIAT product description

REF: SHB p.24

REF: RO1 p.26

APPLY AS NECESSARY.

Well there ya go then. ;)

BUT!!!!! PWB and the ROC states they are not legal(thank you!) but how many of you naysayers are going to allow them anyway? :angry:

Hide & watch.

Will you? Knowing what you know now? Your call!!

I believe everyone will allow for medical purposes.

bk, i had but they were clouds in my coffee, clouds in my coffee...

snakebite, what would i base my decision to allow them on? the fact they are leather boots. not tennis shoes. they have a spur shelf, like boots. they are thick walled leather, like boots. they have a thick and non-pliable insole, like boots. and finally, they have a heal, like boots.

if they were like tennis shoes (athletic shoes) we would be able to find google images of people competing is some sports related activity, like tennis or basketball. but they are not athletic shoes, they are boots.

cbj

Hello CBJ,

You can call them leather boots if you like.

However, the point is they are NOT "...authentic period or western screen dress...appropriate to a character or profession of the late 19th century, or a Hollywood western star" OR "...typical of the late 19th century, a B-western movie, or Western television series."

Regards,

Allie Mo

Hello CBJ,

You can call them leather boots if you like.

However, the point is they are NOT "...authentic period or western screen dress...appropriate to a character or profession of the late 19th century, or a Hollywood western star" OR "...typical of the late 19th century, a B-western movie, or Western television series."

Regards,

Allie Mo

hi allie mo,

first, i hope your medical test goes well for you today.

second,when you say:

"...authentic period or western screen dress...appropriate to a character or profession of the late 19th century, or a Hollywood western star" OR "...typical of the late 19th century, a B-western movie, or Western television series."

you mean like our shotgun belts and shotgun bandoleros?

hi allie mo,

first, i hope your medical test goes well for you today.

second,when you say:

"...authentic period or western screen dress...appropriate to a character or profession of the late 19th century, or a Hollywood western star" OR "...typical of the late 19th century, a B-western movie, or Western television series."

you mean like our shotgun belts and shotgun bandoleros?

Hi CBJ,

Thanks!

Yes, and our ear plugs, gun carts, and glasses. :lol:;)

Regards,

Allie Mo

In the words of Sand Creek Raiders at their morning safety meeting: If you're not having fun, will you please kindly leave so that the rest of us can?

Your many posts that reference your own lack of enjoyment with our game would leave even the casual observer with the impression that your attitude is more often negative than positive. Are you just trying to find other like-minded in these pages for a group whine?

In the end, any mature adult who cares about the future of a favored pursuit will either comply with the rules or work to change them until one or the other is resolved. If you truly have foot problems, then there is certainly relief in the rules.

If you're just stirring malcontent there won't be any amount of relief that will make you happy.

Hide & watch.

Will you? Knowing what you know now? Your call!!

I believe everyone will allow for medical purposes.

I don't hide from much of anything and I have already stated my opinion on these boots in an earlier post.

I don't hide from much of anything and I have already stated my opinion on these boots in an earlier post.

Your post #34. Good for you.

Hide & watch is a statement one uses to say to another for them to observe what others will do in a particular situation.

Archived