SASS Wire Forum

Garlic Baker

Deja Vous

I found this little cool thinger that your can cook Garlic in. I was t old Elephant garlic is wonderful, but I cant find any. So, I guess I will be busy6 cooking little garlic cuz I want to try it. I am thinking hot buttered ... anyone have a recipe for this>? Oh, man bacon.. can we add bacon? lol

Dunno..... :unsure:

But you said garlic AND bacon.......

.......now I'm hungry!

:P

Elephant garlic has a nice mild flavor. Since you can't find it, wash a couple layers of parchment off a regular garlic bulb. Cut off about a quarter inch off the top. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes. So good. Same recipe for elephant garlic, just bake it for 30-40 minutes.

No feta tho.

Like Whiskey says, cut the top off, drizzle with olive oil, a bit of sea salt and some ground pepper (you can also drizzle a little white wine. Bake until the head turns brown and soft, the cloves should come right out with a knife and be spreadable like butta.

I usually have this with some good crusty bread and some Borsin cheese and a crisp Pinot Grigio. Awesome

Caution: hours latter you will have farts that will curl wallpaper, run the dogs out of the house, make your undershorts blow away like dandelions, and make tough men weep like babies.

I had a sad garlic incident Tuesday evenin'... :(

Headed out to a dinner event, and grabbed a nice chilled lemon pie and bean salad from the fridge - mind you, I was in a BIG hurry - and my sleeve caught a FULL jar of chopped garlic and to the tiles it went. With a few bad words muttered I scooped up the glass and most of the garlic, washed my hands, and dashed out the door, knowing I had some mopping to do when I got home.

And when I walked in a few hours later... DANG but the place reeked!! And evidently the cat doesn't care much for garlic (don't ask how I determined this fact). :wacko:

The saddest part is all that wasted chopped garlic. That was a pile o' work! :(

And remember! "Garlic Is As Good As Ten Mothers!" ^_^

I found this little cool thinger that your can cook Garlic in. I was t old Elephant garlic is wonderful, but I cant find any. So, I guess I will be busy6 cooking little garlic cuz I want to try it. I am thinking hot buttered ... anyone have a recipe for this>? Oh, man bacon.. can we add bacon? lol

I know I have asked this befur . . . . but, . . I will ask agin . . . . "Ya wanta git married ?" :);)

O.K. I checked everywhere and only found two places that sell ready to bake elephant garlic.....

both on the internet and one in California....

where else, GILROY!!

They ship so u could have some by next week, but it ain't cheap.

For four cloves it'll be about $35 with shipping.

Alot of places sell the bulbs to grow yer own, me thinks that is the better way but takes too long.

Usta be able ta get it at a local farmers market but not anymore...

Darnnit,

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Roasted Garlic is pure ambrosia to me. :wub:

You don't need the fancy little garlic bakers, just cut the top quarter or so off the top of the head of garlic and toss in in the roasting pan with the roast beef, pork, lamb, or chicken. Make sure you get salt and pepper on it. The garlic will infuse the meat some, and some of the meat juices will seep into the garlic.

You can pick the cloves out with a knife or fork or just give it a good squeeze and squirt the garlic paste out. As mentioned, great on crusty artisan bread. Or mix some of it with the pan juices for a dipping sauce for the meat.

Or just slather it on your ....

oh...

wait....

family oriented forum, never mind.

Like Whiskey says, cut the top off, drizzle with olive oil, a bit of sea salt and some ground pepper (you can also drizzle a little white wine. Bake until the head turns brown and soft, the cloves should come right out with a knife and be spreadable like butta.

I usually have this with some good crusty bread and some Borsin cheese and a crisp Pinot Grigio. Awesome

Caution: hours latter you will have farts that will curl wallpaper, run the dogs out of the house, make your undershorts blow away like dandelions, and make tough men weep like babies.

Hey you its been a while since I got to laugh at your humor.. lol... I am a girl, and we curl our hair not wallpaper..... Thanks sounds good.

Elephant garlic has a nice mild flavor. Since you can't find it, wash a couple layers of parchment off a regular garlic bulb. Cut off about a quarter inch off the top. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes. So good. Same recipe for elephant garlic, just bake it for 30-40 minutes.

No feta tho.

Feta no? Why .. I love Feta... sounds so good.. thanks Whiskeys..

Since I am a vampire, please do not mention garlic to me.

How cool.. so you are in those Twilight books, right? Do you have your own coffin too? And btw you don't look really white in your photo so nice makeup job.. lol...

I had a sad garlic incident Tuesday evenin'... :(

Headed out to a dinner event, and grabbed a nice chilled lemon pie and bean salad from the fridge - mind you, I was in a BIG hurry - and my sleeve caught a FULL jar of chopped garlic and to the tiles it went. With a few bad words muttered I scooped up the glass and most of the garlic, washed my hands, and dashed out the door, knowing I had some mopping to do when I got home.

And when I walked in a few hours later... DANG but the place reeked!! And evidently the cat doesn't care much for garlic (don't ask how I determined this fact). :wacko:

The saddest part is all that wasted chopped garlic. That was a pile o' work! :(

And remember! "Garlic Is As Good As Ten Mothers!" ^_^

cool.. ahhh are those alien pigs with the tin foil ears? lol I know someone that cooks with so much garlic that you can smell it from the road.. and he smells like it too.. ... hmmm I wonder what he would taste like? lol... You know the garlic baker is not big enough, so I guess I will never know.. lol

I know I have asked this befur . . . . but, . . I will ask agin . . . . "Ya wanta git married ?" :);)

Sure, and you would leave me standing at the altar garlicless.. lol.... Or you would dump me once I ate all the garlic.. like is so confussing, huh? lol

O.K. I checked everywhere and only found two places that sell ready to bake elephant garlic.....

both on the internet and one in California....

where else, GILROY!!

They ship so u could have some by next week, but it ain't cheap.

For four cloves it'll be about $35 with shipping.

Alot of places sell the bulbs to grow yer own, me thinks that is the better way but takes too long.

Usta be able ta get it at a local farmers market but not anymore...

Darnnit,

JJJ-D

:ph34r: :ph34r:

K.. fine then you will get little roasted garlics, and you will like it.. lol...

Roasted Garlic is pure ambrosia to me. :wub:

Utahs I am pretty sure there is garlic in heaven.. lol

You don't need the fancy little garlic bakers, just cut the top quarter or so off the top of the head of garlic and toss in in the roasting pan with the roast beef, pork, lamb, or chicken. Make sure you get salt and pepper on it. The garlic will infuse the meat some, and some of the meat juices will seep into the garlic.

You can pick the cloves out with a knife or fork or just give it a good squeeze and squirt the garlic paste out. As mentioned, great on crusty artisan bread. Or mix some of it with the pan juices for a dipping sauce for the meat.

Or just slather it on your ....

oh...

wait....

family oriented forum, never mind.

Sounds good.. but I remember you are darn handy in the kitchen from the posts in the past... So, you stather it on the meat? I wanted to put cheese on it and serve it by itself?

Sounds good.. but I remember you are darn handy in the kitchen from the posts in the past... So, you stather it on the meat? I wanted to put cheese on it and serve it by itself?

You could slather it on the meat. Or on lightly toasted bread.

If you want cheese on it, use something like a fresh grated romano or parmigiano. Hmmm.....roast the garlic, cut some tomatoes in half, squeeze out some of the seeds and pulp from the tomatoes, slather on the roasted garlic, making sure to get some into the tomatoes, top with the grated cheese, put under the broiler for a few minutes.

Try a drizzle of balsamic vinegar on it before roasting it too.

You could slather it on the meat. Or on lightly toasted bread.

If you want cheese on it, use something like a fresh grated romano or parmigiano. Hmmm.....roast the garlic, cut some tomatoes in half, squeeze out some of the seeds and pulp from the tomatoes, slather on the roasted garlic, making sure to get some into the tomatoes, top with the grated cheese, put under the broiler for a few minutes.

Try a drizzle of balsamic vinegar on it before roasting it too.

Wow that I like.... gotta try it.. thanks Subs.. hugs... lol

A piece of foil works great and you don't have to wash it! :lol: Brush on a bit of olive oil, and I like a sprinkle of Creole seasoning, and throw it in the oven for a spell. YUM!

JHC (what don't like sea salt. Tastes like weak salt and dirt) ;)

Y'all ever had Langos...? :)

It's a Hungarian fried potato bread. Served hot with peeled garlic cloves. You hold a clove with fingers of one hand, score with a fork (or knife), then rub aalllll over the hot fried bread... and eat 'em up! SO good!! :lol:

Won't be any smoochin' for a goodly while, but worth it... :blush:

Archived