SASS Wire Forum

The Russians Are Coming!

Russian airborne troops will be training in Colorado at the end of May in a joint anti-terrorist exercise, so if you see a bunch of guys running around Denver in blue berets there's no need for alarm ... :o ... it's just the government (although whose is up for debate) looking out for us.

http://rt.com/news/russian-american-airborne-drill-923/

http://www.infowars.com/dod-confirms-russian-troops-to-train-on-u-s-soil/

Why am I having flashbacks to the movie Red Dawn?

Ya beat me to it Grizz !

Ya beat me to it Grizz !

'Twas my first thought too..! :huh:

“This is the first time such an event is being held,” Russian Airborne Forces spokesperson Col. Aleksandr Kucherenko stressed, announcing the plan. “The Russian airborne will contribute a special task group that will exercise with US special service weapons.

Guitars?? :lol:

Griz, they're gonna be down in the Springs. You should be able to stop em before they get to Denver. :lol:

It is important to add that a story circulating which attempts to piggy-back off these confirmed drills in claiming that the U.S. has given Russian troops permission to “take and hold Denver airport” comes from a notorious disinformation source which routinely puts out bogus articles and as such should be completely disregarded as a hoax. Unfortunately, Glenn Beck’s The Blaze and others have bought the scam, which takes away from the importance of the drills which are fully confirmed

article

Have the russians ever done anything good? Except oppose hitler and then claim credit for defeating him.

They allegedly handled a bunch of somalian pirates effectively. But was there confirmation.

Have the russians ever done anything good? Except oppose hitler and then claim credit for defeating him.

You might refresh yourself on the Battle of Stalingrad. The Russians have a valid claim.

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

You might refresh yourself on the Battle of Stalingrad. The Russians have a valid claim.

I had a history teachers years ago that claimed the US got into the war to prevent Russia from occupying the whole of Europe

They allegedly handled a bunch of somalian pirates effectively. But was there confirmation.

I think they did more than just oppose Hitler.

With 10,700,000 troops and 14,600,000 civilians killed they lost about 13% of their total population.

The US, in comparison, lost 416,800 troops and 1,700 civilians for .32% ... 1/3 of one percent.

Whatever comes out of this joint exercise, maybe our boys will learn something from them.

I've covered too many SWAT raids where they show up, and do all the piddling around of driving up in the mobile command post, setting up a perimeter, and generaly making a circus of things. Meanwhile, the bad guy peeps out the front curtains, bolts out the back door and over the fence and disappears. An hour later they raid an empty house.

I've seen video of a Russian FSB raid. One aromored personnel carrier drives up, and one guy with an RPG gets out and blows the front wall off the house. The entry team storms through the smoke and hauls the bad guys out ... provided they didn't try to resist. From start to finish takes about three minutes.

I had a history teachers years ago that claimed the US got into the war to prevent Russia from occupying the whole of Europe

When the US entered the war Russia was sitting with a non-agression pact with Schickelgruber.

Then we cleverly got the Japanese to attack and then sent millions of tons of war equipment to the Russians.. :rolleyes:

I had a civics teacher in 8th grade who was a Tail Gunner Joe fan and saw commies behind the potted plants in the school cafeteria. :lol:

With 10,700,000 troops and 14,600,000 civilians killed they lost about 13% of their total population.

The US, in comparison, lost 416,800 troops and 1,700 civilians for .32% ... 1/3 of one percent.

Whatever comes out of this joint exercise, maybe our boys will learn something from them.

I've covered too many SWAT raids where they show up, and do all the piddling around of driving up in the mobile command post, setting up a perimeter, and generaly making a circus of things. Meanwhile, the bad guy peeps out the front curtains, bolts out the back door and over the fence and disappears. An hour later they raid an empty house.

I've seen video of a Russian FSB raid. One aromored personnel carrier drives up, and one guy with an RPG gets out and blows the front wall off the house. The entry team storms through the smoke and hauls the bad guys out ... provided they didn't try to resist. From start to finish takes about three minutes.

Russians tactical squads have a rather abysmal record when it comes to hostage deaths.

Their "Get the bad guy at all costs and then have a few vodkas" would make me a tad nervous if I was likely to be part of the collateral damage. I would prefer a team that tries to avoid a killing field unless it's absolutely necessary. Kill 'em all and let Moscow sort em out, doesn't work for me.

Russians tactical squads have a rather abysmal record when it comes to hostage deaths.

Their "Get the bad guy at all costs and then have a few vodkas" would make me a tad nervous if I was likely to be part of the collateral damage. I would prefer a team that tries to avoid a killing field unless it's absolutely necessary. Kill 'em all and let Moscow sort em out, doesn't work for me.

They've learned a lot of valuable lessons in the eight years following the tragedy at the Beslan School ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_hostage_crisis ... where a lot of the hostages died.

Since then they've refined their techniques and in hostage situations use things like the flash-bangs to disorient the terrorists before moving in.

Although in something like a raid on a drug lord's house where there are nothing but hostiles inside, the RPG is probably the most efficient entry tool.

Me too.....

They've learned a lot of valuable lessons in the eight years following the tragedy at the Beslan School ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_hostage_crisis ... where a lot of the hostages died.

Since then they've refined their techniques and in hostage situations use things like the flash-bangs to disorient the terrorists before moving in.

Although in something like a raid on a drug lord's house where there are nothing but hostiles inside, the RPG is probably the most efficient entry tool.

Maybe they realized Amerikanski swat teams know what they're doing.

As I recall, the Red Dawn Russkis were a death from above sneaky surprise party. No advanced press.

Don't think they went to a ball game either. :lol:

You might refresh YOURSELF the battle of stalingrad was but a campaign in Russia it was NOT WWII.

WWII included at least; battle of the atlantic, the russian front, the battle of britain, the french/western front, scandinavia, africa, and of course Japan and the pacific war. Let alone the strategic bombing of germany by US and Britain.

Only the russian front involved direct russian actions. The russians pled for a 2nd front. Like africa and later Normandy.

The pacific war was agravatted by russian neutrality with japan.

Their neutrality prevented the war from being resolved earlier.

It also led to the russians stealing US technology.

Study history don't try to rewrite it. The russians try all the time.

True stalin had almost as many people killed as hitler did.

<Sarcasm mode full on>

Stalin did a lot to end the war quickly

He agreed to a non-aggression pact with hitler.

He agreed to a non-aggression pact with japan.

<sarcasm mode full off>

Many soldiers were lost because stalin had killed off many of the officers in purges.

So the men were not well led. And were often sacrificed to delay german advances.

The fact that russia lost a lot of people is due to the war taking place in russia.

That is a good thing about not being contiguous with europe.

Many of those civilians were killed by stalin. And fighting within the USSR

Many in the USSR wanted out anyway.

Think about the SS recruiting and units formed in USSR areas. Ukrainians, tatars, and those of the baltic states.

Then we cleverly got the Japanese to attack and then sent millions of tons of war equipment to the Russians.. :rolleyes:

This may not actually be too far from the truth.

I have acquired a book which claims to describe a plan/conspiracy within FDR White House to get Japan to attack the US so FDR could bring the USA into WWII to aid britain. Books title is "Day of Deceit" by Robert B. Stinnett. I have yet to start reading it.

Let alone the millions of tons of equipment to Britain.

This may not actually be too far from the truth.

I have acquired a book which claims to describe a plan/conspiracy within FDR White House to get Japan to attack the US so FDR could bring the USA into WWII to aid britain. Books title is "Day of Deceit" by Robert B. Stinnett. I have yet to start reading it.

Let alone the millions of tons of equipment to Britain.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: My opinion only. :lol:

+1!

Also guilty of my first thought being "Red Dawn" as well..

Don't forget the Cubans. :unsure::lol:

Anyone for arroz con pollo? :P

I am more concerned with WASHINGTON DC.

Much more concerned!

As terrified as I am, I will rely on the troops of the 4th ID and 10th SF at Ft Carson to keep these vodka swilling infiltrators in check. :lol: :lol:

When the US entered the war Russia was sitting with a non-agression pact with Schickelgruber.

I had a civics teacher in 8th grade who was a Tail Gunner Joe fan and saw commies behind the potted plants in the school cafeteria. :lol:

Not quite, amigo! The Nazis and the Soviets kept the terms of the pact and the protocol until Germany's surprise attack and invasion of the Soviet Union on June 22, 1941. Five and a half months before December 7th, 1941, the day that shall live in infamy.

By the way, I just got back from a week in Germany, where I had an evening drinking with some WWII vets from the Russian front. One of them was in the 6th Army, (which was later surrounded and captured by the Russians) but Alec was lucky enough to to have been transferred to Finland before that happened. He was captured late in 1944 and spent the next 3 years ~ yes, until 1948 ~ as a POW in England. There he served as batman to an English officer and lived with the officer's family....the best years of his life, he says, and he still keeps in touch.

The other fellow, Robert, simply managed to survive the Russian front. Very darned lucky.

It was a fantastic evening, and the beer was superb!

eGG

Archived