SASS Wire Forum

Sig p238 380acp Mini 1911

Rooster Ron Wayne

Hay Pards any of you have this gun ?

I am a 1911 guy my self and I really like this gun !

Please give me your opinions on this gun ( ONLY if you own one )

Thank you .

A buddy of mine has one. He loves it....

Great little gun! An improved Colt Mustang. The new ones are available with an ambi safety. Of the small 380 bunch the best shooter and an all day shooter too. They did make a few changes over the first ones out. If you buy a used one get one made after 7/11 info located on the stickers on the case.

Wyatt

PS: Sig is coming out with a 9mm that is just a bit bigger P938

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

I have sold several P238's. And I've shot my dad's P238 a few times. I haven't kept one for myself just yet.

But if I was going to have a reliable .380 ACP CCW pistol, it would be the one, I'd get. B)B)

Mustang Gregg

Sig dealer

My everday carry gun, I love it... It really likes the Remingtion 102 grain bullets... I highly recommend getting the Sig aftermarket extended Mag, it makes it extremely easy to shoot and you pick up another round.... I ordered mine mags from Cabelas...

I have a new one I really like as well. I'm looking for a good carry holster, IWB, OWB, Pocket? What are you using?

Major Payne :FlagAm:

Being used to the 1911 style I Have a Colt Mustang as well as the new Sig p238 380. The Sig is lighter than the Mustang and when I wear a suit and tie and that is rare I carry the little Sig instead of my 45 Kimber. Mine has never failed to chamber and hits as well as I can aim it.

I dont feel the 380 caliber would do much more than make some hombre mad unless I made a head shot and that is what I would be trying to do should the need arrive. From my personal experence anything less than a 45 in my opinion is taking a chance and when I saw a drugged up hombre that was a killer and a fighting man take five 45 hollow points dead center in the chest and never go down till the sixth 45 slug hit him just above the bridge of the nose from almost point blank taking off the top of his head putting an end to the fight. So You know that you have to place any bullet where it will do the job to stop the fight.

Of all the same light pistols made today, I feel the Colt Mustang or the Sig 238 are the very minimun one should carry and then its a close range gun and I would expect one shold be ready to put several shots in and a head shot if possible. I know for damn sure I would not want a 380 if I was going up against a know fighting man that has been shot and has killed before. I would also use the old trick place a shot or two and move back to pervent the subject from grabbing your gun as You step back and give him a shot or two more if he does not go down.

A wise word of advise for those that carry heat. Researching the old gun fighters and their fights one will learn that they knew ahead of time to get ready for the fight and what this meant was to have your gun either in your hand hid from view or very close to your hand for fast action with the safty off, cocked and a round in the chamber for for use in a second, No better yet a split second use. In a real fight, If You are against an experenced man, Its all oven in the blink of an eye and You had better be damn sure You are ready to do what has to be done.

I suggest you run several rounds thur the gun to break it in and also to see if you have any misfeeds.

Your Pard, Texas Man

I have one. Bought it new about a year ago. It looks just like a miniture version of my Kimber Ultra CDP II 1911. Same "color scheme".

Shoots great. Came with night sights. Much better .380 than my LCP and more accurate.

Don't carry it much as I prefer a larger caliber, preferably .45acp.

I have a new one I really like as well. I'm looking for a good carry holster, IWB, OWB, Pocket? What are you using?

Major Payne :FlagAm:

IWB like this.

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd133/LoneRiderLeather/SigP238ArmADillo.jpg

I shot one today .

WOW a tack driver at 10 yards !

I like the trigger pull a lot more than my LCP.

I think it is #1 on my bucket list of guns . :huh:

Nice gun.

But don't ya just hate all these internet "reviews" made by unknown goobers? :rolleyes:

No more than the gun magazine review writers.

Don't ya just hate it when they do an accuracy test at 25yds with such type firearme?

Only when they shoot unsupported/standing. :rolleyes:

No more than the gun magazine review writers.

Don't ya just hate it when they do an accuracy test at 25yds with such type firearme?

At least they don't do the reviews in their mother's basement. :lol:

Mine has been my constant companion for the last year or so. One of the nicest things about it is that you can rack the slide with the safety on. So you can carry cocked but unchambered (if you are aprehensive about condition 3 carry).

I've fired a couple of hundred rounds thru it without a single glitch and since it is all metal, the recoil is a joke.

The wife's is the "lady" Sig 238 with the red body and scroll work on the slide and a gold inlay flower on top of the slide. Thinking of gettin one for myself.

BTW, I carry mine in an inside the pants holter. It's a"Soft Armor" number 31. Fits it like a glove.

I also bought a seven round magazine from Sig. It's got a pinky finger extension and makes a heck of a difference in the grip.

This thing literaly oozes quality!

I've got one and my thoughts on it echo what most others have said. I was apprehensive about its small size, but is shoots much bigger than it is. That is to say, the handling is rock solid and the recoil is almost non-existent. I am not anything close to a marksman, but the little gun seems to know how to distribute its projectiles pretty close together in the center of a mass from 20 feet away. Much easier for me to shoot a tight cluster with it than with my wife's Ruger SP101 327 (but I do love shooting those 327 federal mags).

I like the Sig P238 a lot - it feels great to hold, it shoots where I want the bullets to go, and I leave the stopping power conjecture and arguments for others to sort out.

Thanks Pards .

This is the best 380 I have ever shot .

The single action trigger is heave,( but a lot nicer than my LCP.)

I think this a must have firearm for me .

Archived