SASS Wire Forum

In honor of Okie's Excellent Gallic Adventure

Utah Bob #35998

I have been having wine and cheese for lunch all week.

Although it may not be the same caliber of the goodies he's stuffing himself with. :rolleyes:

I have been having wine and cheese for lunch all week.

Although it may not be the same caliber of the goodies he's stuffing himself with. :rolleyes:

Napa stuff is better than that froggy stuff :P

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Napa stuff is better than that froggy stuff :P

Some is, some isn't.

Ah...Wine and cheese....makes me think back to the days of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill and a can of Cheddar Cheese on Ritz crackers.

Big Jake

Most is - :P

A wise man once said "I'd no more love just one kind of woman than drink just one kind of wine". :lol:

We just knocked off a Salad Nicoise in a sidewalk Bistro in Villefranche sur mer (James Bond - Never say never again). Of course we washed in down with a bottle of rose from Provence. Love that frog juice! :blush:

Big ole flour tortilla - check

Two fried huevos - check

Home made Salsa - check

Home made green chili - check

Steaming hot coffee - check

Cornbread smothered in honey - check

:lol:

We just knocked off a Salad Nicoise in a sidewalk Bistro in Villefranche sur mer (James Bond - Never say never again). Of course we washed in down with a bottle of rose from Provence. Love that frog juice! :blush:

...where are the pics...

One should not allow ones disenchantment with the French to color one's opinion of their wines.

If their wines were crap, Okie wouldn't be over there. ;)

One should not allow ones disenchantment with the French to color one's opinion of their wines.

If their wines were crap, Okie wouldn't be over there. ;)

Yep. The French are great people, and very proud of their history. They are proud of their language, and if you make an effort to speak French, how ever little, it means a lot to them. Fortunately Wildcat can speak pretty good French, so we have been having a ball. No rude French, but we have seen a few ugly Americans. The French love life, and a two-hour lunch and a three-hour dinner are part of the culture. They don't turn tables -- it is yours for the night. We saw an American couple bitching about the French because there were plenty of empty tables, yet they were denied seating at 7 pm. The French don't come out for dinner until 8 or 9 p.m. The place was packed at 9 p.m. -- we were there having dinner. Lots of misconceptions.

They even have a sense of humor. I was talking with two French army guys on the Metro in Paris, and one of them told me this joke:

Q: What is the most useful thing we have in the French Army?

A: A rearview mirror, so we can see the war! :lol:

Right 'cher -- View from our hotel room at Villefranche-sur-mer.

O.K., Okie, that's a scene from "The Last Time I saw Paris"!......You're not really in France, are you? But nice try! :lol::lol:

Ornery Cuss

Archived