SASS Wire Forum

Fancified guns

Old Scatterbrain

I've seen worse. To each his own I reckon.

Years ago I was in a gunshop in Miami when I commented to the counter guy about the hideous Astra Constable in the case with the gold plated slide, blued frame, with nickel hammer and trigger.

He laughed and said, "If we gold plate all or part of a gun, a guaranteed sale around here. They like 'em shiny. Can't keep 'em on the shelves". :rolleyes:

Interesting caliber though. I would have thought .45 rather than the .44-40. Seems that the older Vaquero was more popular in the ,45. Ruger had some issues with their .44-40 model. I had a pair when I started in the game. I prefer my EMF Californians.

Ya know... Deja might wanna consider gettin' a matched pair for JJJ's... :rolleyes:

Christmas is comin'~! ^_^

Ya know... Deja might wanna consider gettin' a matched pair for JJJ's... :rolleyes:

Christmas is comin'~! ^_^

Yeah. .that, and his light up shirt, fuzzy chaps, fuzzy holsters, light up boots that we are working on figuring out how to for him, his cowskin hat, and his smile.. yeah.. those guns would work.. lol... And all that is missing is a wind up horse..

Hi Old,

The fanciness is a bit gaudy and it looks totally out of place with that Ruger emblem.

Regards,

Allie Mo

You know, since it is a Colorado gun, I would replace the Ruger medallions with little red and yellow "C" medallions.

I'm a-thinkin' a matched pair would be just the ticket for "B Western" style points... stuffed into a Rex O'Herlihan rig... with some Lindholm Bro's spurs mit jinglebobs... :rolleyes:

Archived