SASS Wire Forum

The "BAD APPLE" come to deffend they self

I am the accused by OG for being a "Snake" "Bad Apple" and "Thief" of which I am none and let me say I have not been banned from any club or orginization,that I am aware of, as Aliemo has infered. I was always in contact with OG and he understood my situation. I am out of State tending to a Family member who will not be with us much longer. I left my affairs to be delt with by others at the home front.OG was understanding of my situation that it was going to take time for the transaction to come to fruition for him. In the case of my email, i only had it for signing on to the forum and was getting suliciting email and my wife, not knowing that i was in communication with someone, set it to "vacation" and upset at the spammers wrote "Dont email me anymore" on an auto response. This is what set OG off. He took it upon himself to hurass my son and wife with the Police not to mention the slander that is going on this forum. I asked him to be patient. I have had many dealings with people on the forum, bought and sold guns and have had no problems. My life is in an Emergency status right at this moment and I was under the impression that OG understood. This, im sure, will not erase the dammage that has been done but if you take anything from this. I am not a Thief or snake or what ever other Vinacular was used.

If anyone from my club W.V.C. would like further explaination I would be more than happy. ANd i think the reason the wire does not allow slanderous threads is just that...its slanderous, no basis in fact.and after talking to my friend who works for Zimmerman, Kiser, Sutcliffe, The forum could be in for a huge headache and actions against that would make it unusable for the SASS People but I do not intend any such actions, just let me tell my side of it. and I am ready for any one who would like to challenge me on what i did or what happened and let them judge for themselves if I am of Low morral character. I will be waiting for any questions. Thank you for letting me deffend myself. This in no way detracs from my love of the sport and I pray that i will not be treated differant. I can give names of people that I have had transactions with to prove my credability. Marshal Max Henry

So, have you shipped the guns he bought from you?

They were just released to me. My Wife is sending them out today before she goes to work, if all goes well. I am out of state.

Not sure if I understand this, they were just released to you, how can you sell guns that you didn't have in your possesion, to me this just doesn't compute, as you said, there are 2 stories to tell, but I don't remember Outlaw Gambler calling you any names, now as for others I don't know.

As for the family crisis, I understand, but it doesn't take long to post something, e-mail, or even call the person that you are selling to. As you said in this post Outlaw Gambler understood this, but sounds like you wasn't responding to e-mails or phone calls, even in a family crisis, it only takes a minute of your time to call or e-mail to let the person know.

All for now JD Trampas

Well heres my 2 cents I have dealt with Outlaw gambler few years back sold him a 73.shipped it UPS.......they lost it what should have took 3 days took all most a month.But the difference was we communicated a lot by e-mail and i believe a few ph calls. I keep him updated..all most daily.he is very understanding.It had a good ending he did get it.....in one piece.Only takes a min to keep people informed is all.

Well heres my 2 cents I have dealt with Outlaw gambler few years back sold him a 73.shipped it UPS.......they lost it what should have took 3 days took all most a month.But the difference was we communicated a lot by e-mail and i believe a few ph calls. I keep him updated..all most daily.he is very understanding.It had a good ending he did get it.....in one piece.Only takes a min to keep people informed is all.

As i said my wife deactivated the email because i was getting stuff that had potential virus. She put in an auto response which is what pissed him off because it said "stop emailing me" or what ever in regards to the spamer stuff. I dont expect anyone to care whats going on in my life but Joe and his guns where not priority to me sorry...........they are on the way.

I tried to PM but it wasnt accepting.

031020100001336302616 03102010000133632623

Like I said you were not priority over what is going on in my world, my selfishness. I am sincerely sorry for putting you out in anyway. There was never an intention to rip you off. I knew you could smear me on here and slander me to everyone i know at my club. I thought you understood my position. I can understand getting the E-Mail auto response upsetting you but i dont know why you had to threatin me with fellony charges but i guess that is acceptable to you. Now you have destroyed me in the eyes of the SASS community I hope you feel justification, truly . Again MY Sincere apologies.

As i said my wife deactivated the email because i was getting stuff that had potential virus. She put in an auto response which is what pissed him off because it said "stop emailing me" or what ever in regards to the spamer stuff. I dont expect anyone to care whats going on in my life but Joe and his guns where not priority to me sorry...........they are on the way.

Thats a new one to me?

That sort of stuff shud go to your JUNK mail inbox--

If not just mark unknown stuff JUNK-

If your mail doesn't do that sort of thing you need a new (different) email carrier!

FWIW i've dun several deals with OG & he's like me-

We like communication when guns or money is involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. There's no excuse for what this guy did. He can whine all he wants about family emergencies and his good name, but when he's got other folks' money, he better be paying attention to business. I'm glad to see the police involved as these kinds need to have some one get their attention.

The best way to solve this is to stand behind your word. No excuses. If you know you can't get something done, return the money.

All we have is our good name.

Personally I don't care for the threat of legal action, you have got to be joking me. Get real dude. Don't wave a legal firms name around like a gun. It doesn't help your situation much. Where's a moderator?

Personally I don't care for the threat of legal action, you have got to be joking me. Get real dude. Don't wave a legal firms name around like a gun. It doesn't help your situation much. Where's a moderator?

The only "legal action" this guy will see is a defense attorney trying to keep him out of jail.

Like others said - you should have at least phoned - you definately hurt your credibility with some here...

- it's not what you say - it's what you do that counts...

Why am I even posting this? - because I respect Outlaw Gambler as a businessman and don't like seeing these things happen to good pards

GG ~ :FlagAm:

OP is way off base on legal action. This site and many others don't prescreen comments and the moderators acted promptly to remove the thread. The issue of liability on the part of the forum owners for unsolicited comments on a public forum has been litigated to death and is settled law.

I'm with Deuce on this one, threatening his customer who was justifiably concerned is IMNSHO inappropriate, threatening SASS, and by extension the rest of us is way out there.

Based on the original thread that was pulled is this the timeline?

1. Received payment for guns

2. Guns stolen/lost? (before or after the check was cashed?)

3. Guns recovered almost immediately

4. Sick relative, can't ship

5. Too many email solicitations so email set to vacation, no wait email shut off due to emails with viruses (which is it)

6. Won't return calls, block incoming from customer's number

7. Return to the forum and threaten legal action unless you get to post a rebuttal

I don't believe your customer destroyed your reputation, if in fact it's destroyed. You're either the unluckiest guy in the world, or someone without much concern for the people you do business with, or both.

I dont know what is going on here. Someone asked why OGs original post was pulled and someone said liability. I asked a friend (IN the legal field)and they said that was more thsn likely true . All I was saying is that i would never do that to the Forum. I dont know how peope are getting i am going to take legal action???? this is rediculas.

OG did you get my tracking #s ?

MMH, RE-READ your first post......YOU started this C'hit storm!

What then was your reason to speak to the law firm??????

What then was your reason to even mention it?????

Your "bluff" and "claims" backfired on you BIG TIME :rolleyes:

Like I said....Your "All Hat". So SUE me :lol:

LG

"and after talking to my friend who works for Zimmerman, Kiser, Sutcliffe, The forum could be in for a huge headache and actions against that would make it unusable for the SASS People but I do not intend any such actions, just let me tell my side of it. MMH"

Sounds like a threat to me, or perhaps a threat to take action if you're not allowed to post a rebuttal?

I was wondering, if the guns were stolen why no record of that with Law Enforcement?

How did they get recovered so quickly?

Why is it that Law Enforcement didn't hold them to be used in the case against the thief? That's SOP.

Was it vacation or viruses that caused your email to be shut off?

Why block your customer's calls?

Why say you're not concerned about his worries then edit that out of your post?

Yeah, that was a bit odd to be investigating taking action against SASS, posting about it, then saying, "But I'm not going to do that... nope, I'm not going to do that..." Kind of reminds me of something Rooster Cogburn said once...

Let me get this straight.

The moderators deleted the thread in which you were called out for not producing the goods in a reasonable fashion.

You start another thread which reveals your identity within SASS.

You then go in and edit your comments which would damn you further and your story changes.

I moderate on a different forum and let me enlighten you on something that your previously mentioned law firm might have missed.

Forums are a public venue. I don't sit at my computer 24/7 and watch each thread for content. Sure I can sometimes catch a thread on my own but usually I get an email from a concerned member and then I log in and take the necessary action. (Ie., lock/delete/move the thread.) I then post the thread in the moderators forum and we hash it over. (yes, sites have a forum that the rest of us can't see. How do you think admin & mods converse, private messages and emails?)

Each forum has its own self-devised form of moderation regulation. Just like your local club and just like your local club your participation is entirely up to you, along with your interactions with others.

In my opinion, if you wanted to save your reputation, you should have let things lie as they were on the wire, (since the site did more than they had to, by deleting the thread) sent out the promised goods, apologized profusely to the purchaser who you have had his money for long enough that I'd have charged you interest on and stayed a quiet lil church mouse around here. Once again, IMPO.

One last word, step back and take a look at this from our point of view.

The best way to solve this is to stand behind your word. No excuses. If you know you can't get something done, return the money.

All we have is our good name.

+1, its the only thing we're taking out of this world with us.

Pard had a derringer stole once, police recovered it and it was held for a year and a half for evidence.

I had a shotgun and a rifle stolen when the perp kicked in my front door and robbed while we were at work in the 90's.

It took a long time to get them and then when I picked them up... in person because that was the only way they would release them... from a state away... they were covered in yellow police tape and all banged up from being thrown around. A mess, to say the least and not worth the value that they had before the theft.

Archived