SASS Wire Forum

Looking for miniature bucket

Pay Dirt Norvelle #90056

I have seen people at my local shoot with what looks to me like a miniature canvas bucket that is used to put the empty casings in. I forgot to ask where they got them and would like to know if anyone here has a lead on where to find them. I did check on the main site mercantile and also googled and can't find them. Any help would be appreciated.

I've seen them off and on at various matches, gun stores, and gun shows, but also sometimes I've found some at unrelated stores, such as thrift stores. They get used by folks for a lot of reasons.

For me, I've picked some up at matches, but I've wound up using a cheap version of a reticule

http://milkcreek.com/shop/index.php?main_page=products_new&disp_order=7&page=121

You can also find them easily at major matches. They're a ladies hand-bag, more or less, from pioneer days, but you may find some that are made rather plain and that won't be embarrassing. Put some chewing tobacco stains on it, and no lady will want it any more. :lol: Essentially, they're just a cloth bag with a draw string.

I put my rounds in it, take it to the loading table, load, then stuff it in the back under my belt where it stays until I collect my brass. Light weight works best, for me.

Aunt Jen

Of course it's not a canvas bucket, but I've found that this leather, spring opening pouch with belt clip works dandy for retrieving spent brass and then not taking up much belt room at all. http://www.buffalobradyleather.com/leatherCanvasGoods_Bags.shtml You can even have your SASS number and alias engraved on the bag for just a little bit extra. Smithy.

Pay Dirt I though you were looking for something like this...

http://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy298/smitchell1_photo/bucket.jpg

Its one of my favorite trophies. Got it from Black Hills Barb and crew at the PA states a couple years ago.

If you cant read the inscription its for NOT shooting the karaoke singers. I really hate karaoke.

It's not canvas, but I like my bucket.

http://gandjleather.com/a016.jpg

(814) 525-9337 or (814) 535-1999 or e-mail the hidesman@verizon.net

That is one cool bucket! Leather or not. Smithy.

I gots a canvas bag from the Cart-right(?) guy many years ago with my cart. Pretty plain looking but has a couple of low profile features that are really great, the hanging strap is made to one side which makes it hang on the cart just perfect and it has a soft round canvas bottom with the whole thing being a perfect fit for the large size Metamucil plastic bottles. This make a perfect package for me to drop my dirty black powder brass into a cleaning/soaking solution till I can get em home. The bag has gotten all stained and uggerly over the years even though I have tried to remember to wash it ever year or so but then I have run into the same thang with me teef!

Check your local craft store if you have one. They tend to carry lots of small canvas duck bags.

Pay Dirt: I think I have exactly what you are looking for. Mine came from the SC State Championship at Givhans Ferry. Every shooter received one. I do not remember what year, probably three or four years ago. They are semi-rigid, a hard round plastic bottom, no draw string. The diameter is about 4-3/4", depth about 5-1/2 inches. The handle is braided white nylon 3/8" rope. It is a pure bucket style. They can't be too expensive because every shooter got one.

ESTEX Manufacturing Company www.estexmfg.com

PO Box 368

Fairburn, Georgia 30213 1-800-749-1224 Toll Free

1-770-964-7534 Local

I suspect this is probably what you are looking for. I hook mine on my gun Cart and leave it at the unloading table just before I shoot

I have seen people at my local shoot with what looks to me like a miniature canvas bucket that is used to put the empty casings in. I forgot to ask where they got them and would like to know if anyone here has a lead on where to find them. I did check on the main site mercantile and also googled and can't find them. Any help would be appreciated.

This is what you want. Go to this website http://www.estexmfg.com/Tool-Buckets-12-Dia-X-17-High-C130.aspx

They come in 2 different sizes. I have both, small one for brass, large one for shotgun shells, or you could have two of the same size.

Ghost Dancer has the correct address. I sold them locally a few years ago. I had to order something like 10 or 12 of them, however. That was no big deal because they sold out as soon as I took them to a shoot. If I remember correctly, they were less than $5 each.

Archived