SASS Wire Forum

Favorite breakfast

Rye Miles #13621

How come nobody is mentioning grits?

2 eggs over easy with grits on top with sausage gravy on top of that with sausage on the side and a bisquit with gravy and another bisquit with butter and honey or butter and real maple syrup. Orange Juice, milk and coffee afterwards.

BIG TIM breakfast......chicken fried steak smoothered in sausage gravey 4 eggs (over medium) on top, package of bacon, hash browns with onions and peppers in um....couple of bisketts with gravey and maybe a couple with apple butter (homemade) and a stack of pancakes for desert.

OJ and coffee

They dont call me BIG TIM for nothin :D

It's a toss up.

Okay, I tossed.

The winner is Mormon scones with butter and honey and bacon on the side with orange juice and coffee.

The "loser" (but not by much) is country biscuits and sausage gravy, scrambled eggs and bacon, with orange juice and coffee.

A couple or three eggs over easy, a slab of salt-cured country ham (I use the drippings and a bit of coffee to make red-eye gravy for sopping up with biscuits), grits with real butter and lotsa coffee. That's a breakfast that'll hold me for a long time.

I always had a smile on face after eating brains and eggs....

My #2 choice would be a fried soft shelled crab and eggs with onions

Alternate breakfast. Fresh raspberries and cantelope, three eggs scrambled with real American and cheddar cheese melted over the eggs, two fried chicken breasts with plenty of black and cayenne pepper, biscuits with butter and honey and sausage gravy on the side, sliced tomatoes, and grits with brown sugar and butter. :P:wub::wub:

Almost fergot!! A side of fried apples in cinnamon syrup and two big glasses of milk so cold it hurts yer teeth! :FlagAm:

Okay... I thought about this all day long.. and tonight I was taken a bit down by a post over a loss and that is still so hard for me.. So.. here it is.. the best breakfast would be IN BED.. lol.. Never done that.. and I think it would be fun.. just don't do the tofu thing.. okay? lol

Alternate breakfast. Fresh raspberries and cantelope, three eggs scrambled with real American and cheddar cheese melted over the eggs, two fried chicken breasts with plenty of black and cayenne pepper, biscuits with butter and honey and sausage gravy on the side, sliced tomatoes, and grits with brown sugar and butter. :P:wub::wub:

Almost fergot!! A side of fried apples in cinnamon syrup and two big glasses of milk so cold it hurts yer teeth! :FlagAm:

Kinda of a southern, continental fusion thing going here. Sounds real good though.

I must have more of a sweet tooth than most y'all, my favorite would be a toss-up 'tween Belgian waffles with strawberries and strawberry syrup, or strawberry Blintz's with sour cream filling, either topped with whipped cream and strawberry syrup!

Slackwater

see thar~~ dat's wut keeps ya svelte

the Fr toast is all kinds of broken up rolls, bread, croissant, danish, whatever ya got, stirred into the standard egg & milk mixture with chunks of cream cheese~~then bake in the microwave. It makes it fluffy & melted

Ahhhh hence the name yummy??? lol.. You are a riot.. lol. and a good cook no doubt about it..

How come nobody is mentioning grits?

2 eggs over easy with grits on top with sausage gravy on top of that with sausage on the side and a bisquit with gravy and another bisquit with butter and honey or butter and real maple syrup. Orange Juice, milk and coffee afterwards.

I love grits, okay I'll add grits to my favorite breakfast. Imagine that? a Northern boy who likes grits?:lol:

Kinda of a southern, continental fusion thing going here. Sounds real good though.

SEE? You CAN be truly Southern AND sophisticated! :lol:

'Sides us Mountain Williams know what's :wub:GOOD!! :P

Back in the bad ole days, breakfast would have been;

6-pancakes

3-over easy eggs

4-strips of bacon

large glass of orange juice

tater cakes

now after GASTRIC BYPASS

2 Egg omlet, plenty of 2 or 3 kinds of cheese and some mild salsa

1 1/2 strip of bacon, cat ate the other half

2 slices of toast

over full

big difference

Fried chicken and waffles. No?? Well, how about pigs in a blanket, at least three big ones, strangled aigs, fried spuds of some sort or another, and a mess of grits, plain or cheezey. Or, just about, almost anything else mentioned here so far; I have been referred to a omnivorous. :ph34r:

see thar~~ dat's wut keeps ya svelte

the Fr toast is all kinds of broken up rolls, bread, croissant, danish, whatever ya got, stirred into the standard egg & milk mixture with chunks of cream cheese~~then bake in the microwave. It makes it fluffy & melted

Magic words to me are real butter, olive oil, garlic, eggs, cheese and beef.. lol... no so big on danish, but I would try anything.. lol.. it sounds very cool...

1/2 pound bacon. 1/2 dzn eggs-scrambled. coffee-lots. and a pkg of pop tarts.

pop tarts?? lol... What flavor? lol

Fried chicken and waffles. No?? Well, how about pigs in a blanket, at least three big ones, strangled aigs, fried spuds of some sort or another, and a mess of grits, plain or cheezey. Or, just about, almost anything else mentioned here so far; I have been referred to a omnivorous. :ph34r:

I would refer to you as the "all you can eat" sorta guy? lol...

Watch out Denny's, here comes El Peludo!

Rotfl.. when I come thru the door they smile.. lol.. and push the "all you can eat" stuff.. lol

Archived