SASS Wire Forum

Is Your Club Friendly?

Zachariah Smith 70528

I shoot at 4 clubs monthly when possible. They are all nice people, all took me under their wings in my first year.

All those clubs are a 2 thumbs up. That was two years ago! Now it seeems like when I show up, I can hear in the wind...............scatter ya'll here comes Blood Washed>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ain't thet right K.Karl HeeeHeee...,,

Actually in three years I have met only 1 questionable cowpoke that sometimes forgets to always be pleasant and outgoing and helpful to others................I'm going to tell ya who it is just in case you run into him down the trail..............It's the feller I see in the mirror every morning. My wife used to hang a sticker in my shirt that said "please forgive my husband - he's from the sticks"

Everyone, God Bless you, & please have a Merry Christmas,

From the Blood Washed family.

well...without people there can be no 'club'

GG ~ :blush:

"And without clubs, there'd be no people." (or something like that, Mel Gibson as Brett Maverick)

My club is a great bunch of guys but as they like to say "If you want to shoot with a Friend, bring one" lol

Not so much... I got told several times that they wanted my SASS #, not my DL #! But, then again, that happens other places too! :blush:

If you're the friendly type, that's more'n likely how you'll be treated. Sometimes, a little ice breaker from either the club or the visitor will open doors you might have thought were locked.

My club is the Black River Regulators in WA state. I went once just to look around and watch part of a match. I did very little standing there without someone coming up and talking to me. Same as when I started shooting there. I try to make a point of talking to others as well, especially if I’ve never seen them there before and certainly if they look like they’re just checking us out.

I’ve only shot with this one club so I have no basis for comparison. But when I go there I’m treated like an old pal even though several months can pass between times I go shooting there.

Bandit,

You know I shoot all over the state and I can see somebody making that comment, It depends on the the day of the week and who they were talking to. I have a feeling I know where this guy shoots and I sent him a PM to find out why he feels that way. You know there are plenty of people that would shoot me in the back if they thought they could get by with it so I don't let stuff like this bother me. Of course I would shoot them too but I would shoot them in the center of their chest and laugh in their face since I like to get credit for the stuff I do.

If he gets back to me, then maybe we can find out why he feels that way and do something about it. If not, well some people just like to get there shot in at others and it does not matter.

I have yet to find somewhere that was not friendly to shoot at and the few times I felt that things were kinda borderline, it was not my problem, it was theirs. If somebody comes looking for a unfriendly place to shoot, well that is what they will find. If somebody has a problem, they should bring it up with somebody at the match, not just flame away here on the wire. That is why I usually don't post too often anymore, and I send pm's to those I have questions for.

Maddog McCoy

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

All in all, I'd say that for the most part SASS shooters are a great bunch of folks.

There's always a few that are unfriendly and cliqueish, but that's everywhere in all sorts of organizations.

If I see someone new I try to at least say hi and ask how they are doing. I generally shoot with the same guys at every monthy, we are all great friends on and off the range. It's not a exclusive thing at all. All one needs to do is be open and ready to have some fun. When I started it took several months for me to really get to know folks. I was recently told at a club board meeting that my shooting actually discourages new shooters and perspective shooters, and then they threw out some suggestions on how to curtail my shooting. Don't really know what to think of that. I love new shooters and so does my club. Just wish we had about a half dozen every month.

I find CAS to be like any other club or organization. There are going to be people who are outgoing and people that are introverts and everything in between, For the most part everyone is friendly, but after the shoot there are only certian people that will search out new shooters and try to make them feel part of the crowd. Most folks want to visit with friends that they only see at shoots and you can't blame them for that. Being a new shooter I'd have to rate our club friendly for the most part.

If I see someone new I try to at least say hi and ask how they are doing. I generally shoot with the same guys at every monthy, we are all great friends on and off the range. It's not a exclusive thing at all. All one needs to do is be open and ready to have some fun. When I started it took several months for me to really get to know folks. I was recently told at a club board meeting that my shooting actually discourages new shooters and perspective shooters, and then they threw out some suggestions on how to curtail my shooting. Don't really know what to think of that. I love new shooters and so does my club. Just wish we had about a half dozen every month.

Deuce you are a great shooter and I find it offensive that a club would be willing to tell you how to shoot. When I first started and was shooting like 50 seconds a stage and then got to where my raw time is now averaging 22 seconds, it took time and devotion to get there. I find that SASS has great shooters at every level and for clubs to get critical of one level of shooter compared to another absurd.

Merry Christmas,

Hud McCoy

Up here near the Secret Hidden Bunker we're lucky to have a whole bunch of excellent clubs — Pawnee Station in Ft. Collins, the Cheyenne Regulators up in Cowboy World, the Sand Creek Raiders out on the flatlands, even Boulder when it's warm. The most important thing for our sport is that we're willing to reach out our hands to newbies and make them feel a part of what we do.

It's also important to keep them away from Brother King, lest he frighten them back to sporting clays!!!

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

Up here near the Secret Hidden Bunker we're lucky to have a whole bunch of excellent clubs — Pawnee Station in Ft. Collins, the Cheyenne Regulators up in Cowboy World, the Sand Creek Raiders out on the flatlands, even Boulder when it's warm. The most important thing for our sport is that we're willing to reach out our hands to newbies and make them feel a part of what we do.

It's also important to keep them away from Brother King, lest he frighten them back to sporting clays!!!

Wolf Bane

SASS13557

I think Brother King should be banned from CAS...anyone with a cart like his is a baaaaaad influence on new shooters!!!!

:FlagAm:

Hi Deuce,

I have one word for that, absurd! :FlagAm:

Regards,

Allie "who finally had the pleasure of meeting Deuce" Mo :D

Pictures, we need pictures!

OKOKOKOK..... SHHEEEEESHHH... here's the Super- Secret- Cowboy- Express- triple- throw- down- wide- load- big- wheeled- scabbard- sided MONSTER-drinkin'- GUNCART.

GUNCART FOR MEN :FlagAm:

Hi Deuce,

I have one word for that, absurd! :blush:

Regards,

Allie "who finally had the pleasure of meeting Deuce" Mo :P

I have not met Deuce but I would agree that expecting ANY good shooter to "hold back" because it might intimidate new shooters is absurd.

I shoot with TBone, Cowhand, Nuttin.... some of the best

I don't find them intimidating and I would be shocked to think any new shooter would be anything other than intrigued to see those guys in action.

I would think anyone would walk away saying "wow that is so cool, show me how to get that fast" and they would happily!

Archived