SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

Bama, if I might suggest a good future buy on a firearm? I would suggest an M1A, if possible a rifle made in the 80s or 90s. They still used top quality surplus stocks, also the bayonet lug was still attached. Collectors are paying now and in the future for these, only go up in value. I remember going all the way to Geneseo, only a 3 hr drive from my farm in the 70s, and again in the 80s to buy these. I watched them put these together, at that time it was very few people and they put these together 1 at a time, checking each step, and fit. Their shop was an old store, with parts scattered all over in bins etc. Buyers could pick their own stock, and serial numbers up to those made at the time. They even threw in extra magazines, cleaning tools, and sling, even bayonets. MT

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...ahhhhhhhhhhh! ...the good old days..... ...'fraid those are gone forever...

BLB,

Silverdollar Don is coming over tomorrow and we will be making our plans to head out to Alabama on Friday. What time are you leaving? I am as excited as a kid with a new toy. Well, I do have a new toy. :D Look out Ala. here we come.

I'm going to have to bow out of this trip. I was looking forward to it too. I got committed to a future news worthy event that's planned for Friday night. 4 1/2 more years and no more news worthy events for me.

Sorry,

Bob

BMC, Thats the only part of the surgery i dread. I hate the PT but it has to be done. Done had my right knee operated on 5 times and it was a pain in the you know what. The PT was even worse. Bout ready for one of them bionic knees.Yep you have to keep both eyes on CC, he has a habit of pulling a rabbit out of the hat on the 22 stuff when you're not looking. When ya gonna get out of Red skin Territory and come south to shoot with us,looking forward to meeting ya. Heard a lot about ya . LSC

Hey CC , This ole redneck ain't quite got that computer educated yet. Besides ,the cowboy shooting is what's keeping the boys at bay for now. They don't quiet know what to think of a gal her age shooting guns and live ammo and dressing up in cowgirl attire. LSC

BMC, Thats the only part of the surgery i dread. I hate the PT but it has to be done. Done had my right knee operated on 5 times and it was a pain in the you know what. The PT was even worse. Bout ready for one of them bionic knees.Yep you have to keep both eyes on CC, he has a habit of pulling a rabbit out of the hat on the 22 stuff when you're not looking. When ya gonna get out of Red skin Territory and come south to shoot with us,looking forward to meeting ya. Heard a lot about ya . LSC

Charlie, nuttin would put a smile on my face faster, but I fear that I will not be on the road with Willie or anybody else for a while. Asides, I[m skert of Cherokee Charlie and all his skills at fast talk and bamboozle.

He might even talk me outta my fancy guns, seeing that hisn is all scratched up and ugly like. Seriously, I can't think of a bigger thrill for this ole country boy, than shooting with you folks. Maybe soon.

Here she is-----------(sing the song Miss America in your head or out loud)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/chelsy1a.jpg

She's a doll in cowgirl togs too!!

BMC you gotta' get down in our neck of the woods this fall and if'n he's up to it bring W.W. with ya'!

Last three days of September through the month of October is Ambush at Cavern Cove, Regulators Reckoning, and Smokeout In The Hills. The Alabama and Tennessee state matches, and the Tennessee/Kentucky State Black Powder state match. Thats thirty stages of the best S.A.S.S. shootin' you can find anywhere and the best parties anywhere!

BMC....you oughta hitch a ride down to shoot Ambush---many of us from the Saloon (ACS) are there....

Just a reminder to all of you over at Alabama. One of our closest friends passed away today at noon. The service will be held at noon Friday so I will be late leaving for your neck of the woods. Please say a prayer for my friend Bill. His dear wife and our dear friend (Carol)went to be with God today after a long struggle with brain cancer. Our ranch is a sad place to be right now. It's tough to loose a close friend. My Miss Carol is really taking it hard. Say an extra prayer for her if you will, please. Thanks.

CC

Just a reminder to all of you over at Alabama. One of our closest friends passed away today at noon. The service will be held at noon Friday so I will be late leaving for your neck of the woods. Please say a prayer for my friend Bill. His dear wife and our dear friend (Carol)went to be with God today after a long struggle with brain cancer. Our ranch is a sad place to be right now. It's tough to loose a close friend. My Miss Carol is really taking it hard. Say an extra prayer for her if you will, please. Thanks.

CC

I am so sorry for your loss, Charlie. I offer my prayers and condolences to you, friends and family.

Damn, Charlie! I hate that! Please give my condolences to your Pard and prayers up for all family and friends.

See ya Sunday!

CC, Let me add my prayers and those of Schoolmarm for your friend Bill and you and Miss Carol to those of the others!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05322.jpg

Just got in from a 22 shoot from over in Ala. Said I wouldn't do this but the devil made me do it. I want ya'll to check out the color of the 12 ga. shotgun shells that Lickskillet Charlie is carrying in his belt.(devil made me do it) :rolleyes:

SILVERDOLLAR DON WON 2ND PLACE IN THE COWBOY DIVISION OF THE 22 SHOOT.

Hey CC... I've been having some confuser issues on my main server a few days and am just catching up... I wanted to offer my condolences and prayers for peace and healing for all his many friends and family...

As for shooting Ambush... No better pards to shoot or ride the river and possibly the most fun I've ever had a match...

Vaya con Dios

:) And Flint-------------------------------------------that does mean you and Miss Maggie and all the other folks are coming to Ambush this year? :):)

Congratulations to Silver Dollar Don. It sounds like that boy has been practicing behind our backs. We better be keeping a closer eye on him from now till Ambush.

And where do you get those pink shotgun shells?

CC,You ol devil that was my daughters rig you made for her i was modeling. That's my story and i'm sticking to it.By the way thanks Uncle Frank for the pink shotgun shells my daughter loves them.Congradulations Silver Dollar Don and thanks CC for making the trip up.BLB i think UF got those at Gander Mountain.

:) And Flint-------------------------------------------that does mean you and Miss Maggie and all the other folks are coming to Ambush this year? :):)

That is still our plan... A LOT of our logistics have been changed since last time we were there, but we are trying hard to make it happen...

Vaya con Dios

That is still our plan... A LOT of our logistics have been changed since last time we were there, but we are trying hard to make it happen...

Vaya con Dios

We are praying that you can make it happen. A repeat would be fantastic. :):)

Got ta' shoot at NAR yesterday. What a beautiful day!! One dern miss!!!

DANG IT!!!

Still managed second in 49er. :lol:

Gonna' miss members only 'cause I gotta' work!! :angry::angry:

Blackwater, Congradulations knowed ya could do it.Gonna have to talk to Schoolmarm bout loaning her guns out tho. You were smoking.Have a safe trip and good luck at the Classic. Wish i could have made the trip. LSC

The way you folks keep me goin', I'm sure we'll get another shot at it. You're always welcome!!

Hey, Cherokee Charlie. I cleaned up the word a bit for ya.

CHEROKEE CHARLIE

I WAS STANDING AT THE BAR,

WITH MY FOOT ON THE RAIL.

WHEN EVERYTHING GOT QUIET,

AND THE BARKEEP, WELL, HE TURNED PALE.

THERE IN THE DOORWAY

STOOD A GIANT; OF SOME SORTS,

IT WAS CHEROKEE CHARLIE,

IN THOSE AWFUL, AWFUL SHORTS.

HE HAD COME TO MAKE A STATEMENT,

TO THOSE THAT HAD SOME DOUBT,

OF THE MIGHT OF HIS COOPERS,

WHEN THE TIN CHICKENS WERE LET OUT.

EVERY FACE IN THAT PLACE GREW QUIET,

NOT A SOUND COULD BE HEARD.

AS HE SLOWLY WALKED TO THE BAR;

GIVE ME A CROWN ROYAL, HE PURRED.

WELL, THE LADIES WERE ALL A TWITTER,

EXCITEMENT, IT RAN HIGH!

CHARLIE SLOWLY LOOKED AROUND

WITH A TWINKLE IN HIS EYE.

HE SPOKE WITH A SOFT VOICE

THE WORDS, SWEET, LIKE A SONG

I CAME TO PROVE MY SKILL

I WON'T BE HERE LONG

HE DOWNED HIS CROWN ROYAL,

THEN STRODE TO THE DOOR.

HE WAS OUTSIDE IN AN INSTANT,

THE BAR GREW NOISY ONCE MORE.

BUT SOON THE SOUND OF GUNFIRE,

CAME DRIFTING ON THE WIND!

BRINGING THE SOUND OF CLANGING CHICKENS

AND THE LAUGHER OF MY FRIEND.

BlueJeans and I will be at "Ambush". Because of BlueJeans injury, I haven't shot as much as I would like to, or could. There aren't many things that are a priority every year except, birthdays, anniversaries,Christmas, Thanksgiving, and of course "Ambush". "Ambush" I can say for sure is the only, "ONLY", match I look forward to. Not because of the good shooting, food, vendors, or beautiful surroundings, but because of the best partners, friends, and family we have become. MT

Badger,

That poem brought tears to my eyes. I ain't got the words. Thank you, my friend.

MT, you hit the nail on the head. Again this year we will be blessed with having the honor of being allowed to have Posse #1. So let me suggest that as soon as the apps for Ambush hits the street we had better get them filled out and sent in.

The theme this year is Lonesome Dove. I do believe we can have some fun with that one.

Archived