SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

MT hit the nail on the head (as usual)... The reason that we deal with a nearly 2600 mile trip is because it's going home to family and all that has to offer... Like is too short and I see that more and more... We try to go the extra mile (so to speak) to do what is important to us...

Vaya con Dios

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..it's beginning to look like it's another party!!!

...plan the Wednesday evening meal...

Found this way over on page four--------FOUR :o:o !!!!

I don't really want to go to the classified ads with a request so I will just ask my pards here in the Saloon-----I have a friend (the one who's wife just died) who is looking for a 20 ga. coach gun for home protection. He prefers a shotgun over a handgun and I told him I would look for one at basement sale prices---- :D----anyone have one that they would let go at a bargin? I will have to hold it for a month or so until he gets over all these funeral expenses.

Found this way over on page four--------FOUR :o:o !!!!

I don't really want to go to the classified ads with a request so I will just ask my pards here in the Saloon-----I have a friend (the one who's wife just died) who is looking for a 20 ga. coach gun for home protection. He prefers a shotgun over a handgun and I told him I would look for one at basement sale prices---- :D----anyone have one that they would let go at a bargin? I will have to hold it for a month or so until he gets over all these funeral expenses.

CC,

There's a Mossberg Pump 20 gauge over on the Ruger forum for $249. 22 inch barrel with chokes. It would get the job done.

Mossberg 20 gauge

Thanks, LM, but he has his heart set on a coach gun. And a 20 ga. I might add. Sorry to be so much trouble. :unsure:

Thanks, LM, but he has his heart set on a coach gun. And a 20 ga. I might add. Sorry to be so much trouble. :unsure:

Not a problem.

Most of the coach guns I'm seeing are running over $300...some closer to $400. Gunbroker has a bunch of Stoegers in that range. I got one, but it's a youth model that's destined for my grandson in a couple of years.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05368.jpg

when you guys shoot the Ruger steel Challenge you are gonna need one of these.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05368.jpg

when you guys shoot the Ruger steel Challenge you are gonna need one of these.

If you're shooting against my Gold Cup, you will :)

Beautiful work, my friend. :)

For those of you who usually start the chant early, with pitchforks and torches in hand...

THE AMBUSH 2011 APPLICATION IS NOW AVAILABLE

Ambush 2011 Application

If you're shooting against my Gold Cup, you will :)

Beautiful work, my friend. :)

Hhhhhhmmmmmmmm Gold Cup :wub:

Great looking holster CC

Thanks Barkeep. I mailed mine in today. LM--I think I make a boo-boo.. We will talk.

I'm scheduled to work weekend duty the weekend of Ambush. I've got to start negotiating and horse trading to see if I can swap with somebody. No sense waiting till the last minute.

This working is starting to interfere with my social life.

I'm scheduled to work weekend duty the weekend of Ambush. I've got to start negotiating and horse trading to see if I can swap with somebody. No sense waiting till the last minute.

This working is starting to interfere with my social life.

What is this "wo**" word?

Hey! Back from Illinois 2 weeks, don't everyone stand and cheer at once, but word is out applications for "Ambush" are out. MT

...printed out the signmeupform just now...

...will hurry and get it to the post office in the next 3 weeks! <_<

...just returned from a little trip ourownselves... Indian Territory to Washington DC (7 days there) to Townsend Tn (7 days there) to homeagain.

Posse UP!!!!![/size] Posse #1 is alive and well and will be living at Ambush again in 2011. Don't forget to request it.

I shot six stages at Cherokee this past Saturday. Shot the match clean. You will never guess where I am right now. Yep!!!!In the bed. Can't walk. Spent just about all day Easter Sunday lying around with swollen feet and I cannot describe how painful my back and feet are. Now I am not looking for sympathy, a prayer, maybe, but it was worth every minute I suffer. I LOVE COWBOY ACTION SHOOTING. And I will take the suffering along with the barrels of fun I have while doing it. Now if I have said this before, bear with me, but I couldn't do this if I didn't receive so much help from all the cowboys and cowgirls who shoot with us. They are the greatest folks in the world. Oh! did I say I love all of you!!!!! :wub:

Ms. Maggie :wub::wub::wub: and I are filling out the signmeup forms right now... Posse 1 of course...!!! And now it looks like I'm going to have to bring MY Gold Cup if Lawman Mark is... :D

We can't wait... I've lost about 30 pounds so far, and hope to be down more before we get there...

Vaya con Dios

Flint,

That is the best news I have heard today. :D:D:D

My application went in today! And, of course, my request for Posse #1 - Cherokee Charlie's Posse - the best posse in all of Ambush! This years theme of Lonesome Dove oughta be a real good one. Personally, I think Posse #1 oughta have a policy of renting pigs - nice BBQ'd ones that is! :lol:

My application went in today! And, of course, my request for Posse #1 - Cherokee Charlie's Posse - the best posse in all of Ambush! This years theme of Lonesome Dove oughta be a real good one. Personally, I think Posse #1 oughta have a policy of renting pigs - nice BBQ'd ones that is! :lol:

Ham and eggs, ham and potatoes, ham and beans, etc. MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good. MT

...ham seems to be the theme.... guess I'll not get a brisket ready. :(

Whoa,now, Hoss!! You know we are equal opportunity eaters on Posse #1!

We been known to eat things that ain't even been killed yet, much less cooked!!

I wish upon a star----If I could get my hands on a fresh venison hindquarter about that time I would bring my smoker and smoke some meat for one of our gatherings. It would not be recognized as venison, I promise.

Posse #1----it lives.

s

I wish upon a star----If I could get my hands on a fresh venison hindquarter about that time I would bring my smoker and smoke some meat for one of our gatherings. It would not be recognized as venison, I promise.

Posse #1----it lives.

s

The fresh venison won't be possible in Alabama, except for roadkill. The proposed (not finalized yet) bow season doesn't open until October 15th. I truly regret that.... :angry:

The OKB brisket is a tradition. I was tawkin' about snackin' 'n smackin' stuff fer tha table whenever folks just needed a pickerupper. Don't no body go messin' wif OKB's brisket. Wednesday night meal belongs to OKB and his lovely Miss Mary Matilda. Now, ya'll is it too early to ask you what you want us ta bring?

OKB you start the LIST:

LISTEN UP POSSE #1. OKB's gonna tell us whut we need to bring to tha table on Wednesday night.

Morning! Don't wish to alarm anyone, keeping most from BlueJeans. But have a doctors appointment next week, been having shortness of breathe, swelling of feet and hands, tiring easily. Took my blood pressure and its not what it should be. Turned 66 a couple weeks ago, looks like I'm going downhill. Would appreciate if there are a few words you can send the Lord to look after me and see me through this. MT

The OKB brisket is a tradition. I was tawkin' about snackin' 'n smackin' stuff fer tha table whenever folks just needed a pickerupper. Don't no body go messin' wif OKB's brisket. Wednesday night meal belongs to OKB and his lovely Miss Mary Matilda. Now, ya'll is it too early to ask you what you want us ta bring?

OKB you start the LIST:

LISTEN UP POSSE #1. OKB's gonna tell us whut we need to bring to tha table on Wednesday night.

Brisket - double smoked thin sliced - OKB

Baked Beans -

Potato Salad -

Texas Toast -

Green Salad with choice of dressings -

Corn on the Cob -

Cobblers -

Homemade Ice Cream -

Assorted Sodas -

Sweet Tea -

Other road soda's and Libations -

Condiments -

Napkins -

Silverware -

Drink cups -

Other main dishes -

Other main desserts -

Other salads -

Plan on feeding about 35 or 40.

MT... my prayers for comfort, peace, and healing... wisdom, skill, and discernment for all of the medical staff... Ain't none of us getting any younger around here...

Vaya con Dios

Morning! Don't wish to alarm anyone, keeping most from BlueJeans. But have a doctors appointment next week, been having shortness of breathe, swelling of feet and hands, tiring easily. Took my blood pressure and its not what it should be. Turned 66 a couple weeks ago, looks like I'm going downhill. Would appreciate if there are a few words you can send the Lord to look after me and see me through this. MT

Hey MT, prayers up from Indian Territory!

You've got it, MT.

Prayers up for a real good Pard

Archived