SASS Wire Forum

PICTURES CAN NOW BE POSTED ON THE CLASSIFIEDS!

John Boy

pix available on request. send your email address.

Posts can now have pictures of your wares that you are selling in the Classifieds. So post them up for folks to see and forget about saying ... pix available on request. send your email address. Effective today - March 20th.

If you want, you can go back to your post - edit it and include a picture or pictures

The pictures MUST come a photo hosting website that you put on from your computer - cannot be posted directly to the Classifieds from your computer

This picture is an example and NO, I am not selling my CPA barrels with Litschert-Fecker and Unertl scopes

CPAScopes_zpsf7f1897f.jpg

Guest Max Morgan, SASS 41265

so it still requires the use of photo bucket or some "host".

for some this is an insurmountable task.

what's wrong with sending pix via email?

max morgan sass 41265

Gents, posting pictures on a forum is like learning how to ride your 1st bicycle. You take the training wheels off, wiggle down the street a few times - maybe a couple of falls ... but quickly your a Speed Roadster!

OK, here's a How To Link -

http://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724

There are many picture sharing websites - here's a list of them ... Be sure to pick the one that is free and with the most number of registered members

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_photo-sharing_websites

Edit: My 4 year old Grand Daughter does it with ease! ^_^

JB the link you provide for "the how to post" returns me to the top of the page, the second link is good, I got photos into photobucket but that's as far as I get.

Brazos

Bill - my error - here's a link that show how after your pictures are posted to photobucket ...

http://www.helpfulgardener.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3724

Once you bring your picture up in Photobucket ... clicl on the IMG command. The code will go yellow and you'll see the word COPIED. The go to your SASS post and right click with your mouse. Click on the Paste command. The picture code will be entered into your post ... Click Preview and look at the picture

• 5 weeks later...

Frankly I have had a great deal of trouble with mal ware on picture hosting sites. I will stick with emailing on request until we drag our self kicking and screaming in to the new century and download from our computer as most other sites allow. thanks for trying though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tascosa Kid #90830

I remember several yrs. ago my first shoot. Extremely afraid that I would make a horrible mistake. Now I feel that was nothing compared to posting pictures here. lol Please, someone from SASS make this easier.

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy Pards

I have two great rifles for sale, both in 44-40.

Uberti Winchester Short Rifle - in fine SASS shootin condition with smooth action. She does have a few little nicks and scratches on her stock, otherwise the gun is excellent. I've enjoyed many shoots with this gun. Only reason I'm selling is that I've decided to downsize a bit. My loss will be your gain. I'm asking $735. OBO.

Marlin Cowboy 94 in excellent condition looks practicllly NIB also in 44-40. Asking $835. OBO

For pics please send me an email as I ain't got the new system figered out yet Sure wish it was possible to post here from my computer sure would make things much easier!!!

Thanks fer readin

IronEyes SASS 24158 soaring.andrew@gmail.com

Prices for both rifles are + shipping & handling FFL to FFL

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Howdy all, me thinks it's about time the WIRE came to the aid of all the fine Cowboys & Cowgirls who use this site!

Step up to the plate and copy "THE WAY CRAIGSLIST HAS IT SET UP TO ADD PICTURES" . I'm sure with Christmas

just around the corner this feature would be more than appreciated.

Happy trails and Merry Christmas to all!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've always wondered why there are hardly any pic just links. Now I know.

• 1 month later...

Dear sass office, please fix problems with site picture posting. I am well aware that this site is monitored by Allie she will relay all our information to the powers that be so we do not have to duplicate the creation of the weel and spend more time and money to notify you all of a problem.

Thank you

Pugilist1006 life

Pugilist,

I have talked to the office about this. However, without a lot of calls or emails from customers, it doesn't seem to be a big concern. Also, I try to leave what happens on the Classifieds to another moderator. The only reason I regularly see this is that I posted an earlier comment and pinned it.

Regards,

Allie

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently there is a limit to the number of pictures one can post. I think it is 10. You might want to add that to the primary post in this thread.

P.S. for me, posting pictures only worked (from Photobucket) when I used the IMG link; "Direct" and "HTML" links did not post the pics. Hope that info is helpful for others. ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

It is an issue. Most of us, including me, don't even know how to discuss it. We should be able to embed ... a limited number ... of pictures in any post. I can shoot a little ... I dress cowboy very well .... but I have been unable to become a computer expert. And you know what ...... I don't even want to learn it. It should be .... it could be .... easy. So there are lots of us, like me, out here that don't understand it well enough to complain.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Photos attached to Classified ads would be an obvious sales advantage to the seller. And, attaching photos must be easy as even a four year old can do it. But, a quick review of the classifieds show many sellers sending pictures by email. Why not attach pictures to the ad, because it is a difficult and confusing process to some. However, all of us continually send pictures from our computers to friends and family by email. Frankly, I am at a loss as to why my simple process of attaching photos to emails to friends can not be made to work for the Classified. However, the good news is the old, familiar process still works and I use it. Sagerider

• 4 weeks later...

I believe alot of folks find it really difficult to post photos of odd ball goods like saddles, antique firearms, etc that really require a photo.

Not all people use a mouse computer but an ipad or smart phone.

Do what you can to please make it easier for the less computer savvy cowboys.

Percy Hallen SASS #1379

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does the limitation on posting only photos from third party sources like Photobucket only apply to SASS Classifieds or to all SASS forums? If only the former, can someone direct me to simple instructions on how to attach a photo to my posts in the Wire, Saloon etc? Thanks

Seamus

• 3 weeks later...

Is it not possible to post pics from an iPad? When I try to post an add or reply to one it never even shows a button to add pictures?

Is it not possible to post pics from an iPad? When I try to post an add or reply to one it never even shows a button to add pictures?

Yes, you can post them from a Photobucket account or other photo sharing service.

Archived