SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. "....... pinpoint accuracy". I don't know where you shoot, but "pinpoint accuracy" ain't exactly a big requirement when shooting at 18" square targets at 6 yards. ..........Widder
  4. And updated proof that indeed all four feet can be off the ground....
  5. I remember him in Norco. One of the first EOT's there, I wasn't a SASS shooter yet, he came up to me and told me all about SASS.
  6. This particular garage doesn't lend itself to an "inset" pedestrian door, and there's no room in the front of the garage for another door. Actually, there is a pedestrian door in back - I want access to the front for large stuff, like the riding mower, welding cart, boat motors and such. So the latch set that @sassnetguy50 found might be the ticket - when looking at it I stumbled upon this one, which might bear consideration: "Old School Garage Latch"
  7. DeaconKC

Ammo

He said in another thread he is around Nashville TN.
  8. I saw a metal tool box that someone made into a portable grill somewhere online recently. I am going to have to go looking for it.
  9. I had a woman I worked with convinced that she could buy a trunk monkey from the Suburban Auto Group. I convinced her to call them. She did. She was not as amused as the lady that answered the phone was. I got a lot of dirty looks for a few days. Probably because every time she glared at me I burst into laughter. She was and maybe still is a brunette.
  10. Cholla

Ammo

If you posted where you live, some on here may also step forward to help.
  11. I shoot 428 coated bullets in Pietta GW II pistols with 429 bores and a Uberti 73 rifle with a 429 bore. No leading problems and decent accuracy, good enough for SASS competition. If you run 430 bullets you’ll need a flaring die for 44 Spl or a 44 mag. If you use a 44-40 die you’ll get a bulged case neck and have trouble chambering. My rifle is from 2001 and has a 429 bore but a 427 chamber and won’t work with 430 bullets because it causes drag when chambering and causes you to slow down shooting.
  12. Cholla

Ammo

I recommend going to a match and asking about reloading. Someone, if not many, will step forward to mentor you. I have offered at our club to teach anyone how to cast bullets from .38/.357 to .458 for the .45-70. The match director has offered to teach anyone to reload. I would do the same.
  13. Does anyone here load these rounds?
  14. I to have a Cimarron 8" #3 American 44 Russian-Special . I really like the gun . I shoot full load APP with 200gr Lee RNFP in the Russian cartridge. It's probably about as close as you can probably get to the original setup . I'm working on getting a Russian #3 right now .
  15. Launched 5 months after my wife and I bought our first house and ten months before I left the Marine Corps. That was over half my lifetime ago.
  16. I'm forced to order a beer and a shot of bourbon now. The Texas brother swapped over to Catholic.
  17. Start with what you can afford. Never a champ, but began with Ruger OMV, amped them up , sold them and ended up with Colts. A matter of enjoyment, and saving up a bit. Practice and skill is more important than brand.
  18. On my Windows 10 laptop, I right-click the link, then select Open Link in New Tab. That does not open another tab, but downloads the file. I go to my downloads folder and from there both the Photo viewer and Paint will open the image.
  19. An RCBS press will do fine - just slow. Regarding dies, RCBS makes dies specifically for cowboy action. However, I started with a used set of Lee dies I bought for $10. They loaded perfectly satisfactory CAS ammo. I now load on progressive presses. Reloading equipment is very durable. Used equipment is sold at gun shows and estate sales. There are videos on YouTube how to create small, portable loading benches. Here is an article how to create one using a Black and Decker WorkMate.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.