SASS Wire Forum
The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. In late 2006 we bought Kenmore front loading washer and dryer. Both are electric as no gas is available here. They came with a rather inexpensive extended warranty option at the time. I’ve paid for annual service since then. They are still going. Nowadays they do a single person’s clothes, but they put in 13 years doing two person’s clothes before that. Is Kenmore still as good? I can’t say. Some friends of mine have replaced their set, no idea what make, twice in the same period. So no complaints are due from my experience. Good Luck as I hear the appliances of today are generally not as durable. Of course now I’ve invoked the curse of saying something and waiting for when I have to eat my words. CJ
  3. Hi Howdy All, I had a very strange thing happen at the match this last weekend. As I was shooting the last stage, the firing pin fell out of my revolver. Fortunately both pieces fell on the table and I recovered them. I had just fired four rounds and the firing pin fell out between the firing of the fourth round and trying to fire the fifth round. The gun functioned and fired during the entire match without any issue right up to the point that the firing pin fell out. It is an Uberti 1875 Outlaw, marked CAT. 1543, Ser # J011xx. I purchased the gun used, some time in the mid-2000's, and I have probably only put around 2500 rounds through it. I don't know how many rounds the previous owner put through it. I have not had any work done to it, and IIRC neither did the previous owner, so it is a stock gun. I have already done 90% of the work on a replacement retaining pin for it, but I have some questions, please have a look at the pics. 1) Would anyone like to make an educated and/or experienced suggestion as to why they think this happened? 2) In the back of my memory I remember reading (a long time ago) that some of the Uberti 1875 Outlaws had firing pins that were too long. Is it possible that this is one of those guns? Does anyone know the correct length measurement for the firing pin for this model 1875? 3) The firing pin has a bit of a curve at the very end, is this on purpose, or a problem? The pic of the replacement pin at VTI does not show a curve. I tried the firing pin in the hammer with the curve turned both up, and down, and the gun functioned both ways without binding. I looked at all the mating surfaces where the firing pin and hammer contact the frame. I did not see any unusual wear marks or shiny surfaces. 4) Is the retaining pin a press fit or is it retained by peening the ends? Thank You for Your Help, The Kid
  4. It really doesn’t matter what brand you buy as they’re all made by just one or two manufacturers. The only difference is the badge on the machine. We just bought a new gas dryer a few weeks ago (Whirlpool?) to replace the 26-year-old (Kenmore?). My experience over 50 years is gas dryers are far more durable than electric. It has mechanical controls which I prefer because one bad chip in one those digital models renders them useless. The cost of a replacement digital module makes one consider getting yet another machine instead of repairing it. We’ve always had top loader washers and found them so effective that I don’t understand the appeal of the more expensive front loaders. And screw the wi-fi enabled machines. Really? Are you kidding me…?
  5. Bluetooth feature is so that you can use wireless headphones. Quality headsets are not that expensive and if you have hearing issues allows you to crank the volume with the neighbors complaining.
  6. Wrenches that looked like a pipe wrench without teeth were referred to as a Monkey Wrench by my family. Not sure if that is an official name. The wrench you mentioned from that video was very similar to the monkey wrenches that were around when I was younger. CJ
  7. About 12 years ago I stuck a 223 Remington case in a Lee die. Don't exactly remember how I got it out other than drilling & taping the primer pocket. After that I bought an RCBS stuck case extractor just in case. Haven't had to use it yet.
  8. I WON’T DO IT!! I happen to like honey or brown sugar on my grits and some busted up crispy bacon stirred in too!! If I’m eatin’ ‘em for supper I like butter, Romano cheese, black pepper, and shredded cheddar in my grits and if I can get ‘em some grilled shrimp!! GOOD EATIN’!!
  9. Fleur, liked to sleep part of the night between Sherron and I. Then the little brat would get off the bed, head for the kitchen and start batting ping-pong balls around at 3:00 in the morning. If we closed the door to the kitchen so we wouldn't hear her romping around, she'd get upset and start getting vocal. So one of us would go pick her up and plunk her back in bed with a cookie and deal with the crumbs in the morning.
  10. Made my blood sugar rise 100 points just reading that.
  11. Find an older mom and pop appliance shop and go in and find out what the owners wife has in her laundry room and if she likes it. Do this at more than one store if possible. The owner's wife can almost always have whatever appliance she wants and is not going to settle for less than the best of whatever they sell.
  12. Prayers up that he's on the mend and feeling better soon.
  13. Didn't remove dad from the ventilator until noon today. He had a rough day and is having a lot of pain. Pretty sure it's his back causing all the pain. He had to lay on his back because of the ventilator and because of a previous cancer surgery he never lays on his back. Didn't go to the hospital today as he needs his rest. Going to go first thing in the morning. Hopefully he'll be in less pain.
  14. Well, my 7 1/2 year old washer is on the fritz. We had the repair guy out earlier this week and he said if his "fix" didn't work, it was likely a much more expensive problem. So much so that he said I would be better off replacing them because of the cost. He said appliances aren't being built like they used to and don't have nearly the life the older models had. Well, his fix didn't work so we're going to have him out again. When he returns next week, I told Uno if it's over $600.00, not to fix it we will just replace it...................but with what?????? With all that in mind, what brand and style of laundry equipment do you have, top load, front load, with agitator or not, and how do you like them?
  15. Actually, Baden Powell chose as his template Selous Scouts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Baden-Powell,_1st_Baron_Baden-Powell
  16. For reasons known only to herself, a co-worker from another dept brought her descented pet skunk to work with her. I skunksat while she went to lunch. The l'il guy chewed on my earring for a while then went to sleep on my shoulder.
  17. As you know, scouting began in England & when we were there (2012) the grandsons' troops were still co-ed. I went on several outings with them (including a lovely viewing of the Thames from St. Katherine's wharf when Her Majesty and her party sailed by. I stood a couple of the girls on a folding chair to view their passing). The food was first class.
  18. Today
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.